Christmas Event Dec 13 - Jan 3

HoneyBuns

It's Christmas time in ROSE!  There is a lot to do in this event. Monsters will sometimes drop Christmas Presents that contain HP and MP items and some seasonal things.  Snow Crystals will also drop from monsters around your level.  Snow Crystals will go into the material tab. Unlike many event drops, the Snow Crystals will lock to the character that picks them up so if you have drop sharing turned on in your party, make sure that everyone manually picks up a few. Check the spoiler below to see what can be in the Christmas Presents. 

Spoiler

Small Christmas Present These will contain one of the following in quantities from 1 - 3. 
Eggnog MP 180 Requires level 20
Christmas Cookie HP 600 Requires level 26
Holiday Candy MP 520 Requires level 110
Snowball

Medium Christmas Present.  These will contain one of the following items in quantities from 1 - 5.
Candy Cane HP 300 Requires level 9
Christmas Cookie HP 600 Requires level 26
Apple Cider MP 300 Requires level 50
Holiday Candy MP 520 Requires level 110
Snowball
Mistletoe
Merry Christmas Firecracker

Large Christmas Present. These will contain one of the following items in quantities from 1 - 8.
Candy Cane HP 300 Requires level 9
Apple Cider MP 300 Requires level 50
Christmas Snowflake HP 1120 Requires level 51
Snowball
Mistletoe
Merry Christmas Firecracker
Christmas Tree. This is a summons that will replenish a little HP for anyone nearby.

tree.jpg

[Event Info] Judy in Zant
Santa has his own planet and Judy in Zant will teleport you there for the price of one Snow Crystal. You need one Crystal every time you go there.   To return to Zant, talk to [Event Info] Loelsch, the NPC next to Santa
loeltch.jpg

Santa Planetoid
In addition to dropping Snow Crystals, monsters on Santa's Planet will also drop Elifedora.  These will also go into the consumable tab so be sure you have space.  The Evil Reindeer on the Santa Planetoid do not give experience but it is fun to follow them around attacking them since they don't fight back.

Snow Crystals can be farmed on this planet as well as on the regular maps but Elifedora can only be farmed on the Santa Planet. Elifedora will be in your consumable tab. When you have at least one Elifedora and 10 Snow Crystals, talk to Santa and he will trade them for pieces of the Red Santa Suit.  NPC's get confused easily so when you want to exchange Snow Crystals and Elifedora for event items, be sure you do NOT have more than one stack of each.  Put the rest of them into storage before talking to Santa
santa first dialog.jpg

Check the spoiler below for more information. 
NOTE: All costumes require level 10.

Spoiler

Red Santa Suit
red santa.jpg   santa sweater stats.jpg

Offhands are shown with Rose Quartz Trilliant [5] to show gem placement.

Festive Candy Cane and Jingle Bell
candy cane and jingle bell.jpg

candy cane stats.jpg     jingle bell stats.jpg

Wishing Star and Snowman Toy
wishing star and snowman mace.jpg

wishingstar stats.jpg     snowman toy stats.jpg

Once you have the Red Santa Suit, equip it on the avatar then talk to Santa again. Pick option 5 “Will it be the same as last year?” This will open a new dialog where you can get the Rudolph set. You need to have this set in order to open the dialog for the Santa Cart
santa rudolph.jpg

santa dialog 2.jpg

Check the spoiler below to see these items.

Spoiler

Rudolph Set   NOTE: The scarf is pink on female characters.

rudolph set.jpg

Snowflake and Christmas Wreath

snowflake and wreath.jpg

snowflake stats.jpg       wreath stats.jpg

When you have collected enough Snow Crystals and Elifedora, talk to Santa with the Rudolph Set equipped on the avatar and he will offer to sell you parts to his cart.  NOTE: This cart can only be used on Luna Planet.

cart dialog.jpg

Spoiler

Santa Cart Front
santa cart front.jpg

Santa Cart Back
santa cart back.jpg

Bob the Evil Reindeer  
Bob is in the middle of this map.
bob the evil reindeer.jpg

His dialog is pretty funny. Be sure to keep him talking about how much he hates Santa.  Eventually, he will give you  the "Bob The Evil Reindeer" quest. It's pretty simple- find 20 stolen presents. They are scattered around near NPC's on Junon, Luna and Eldeon Planets. You can tell there is a present by the swarm of fairy lights. Here is an example. Each time you click on one of these, you will have "stolen" it. You're also rewarded with a Small Christmas Present.  See the first spoiler in this topic for information on what is inside those. 
fairy lights.jpg

When you have collected 20 stolen presents, return to Bob and he will give you a box that contains one piece of the Black Santa Suit. Unopened the box will go into consumables. When opened, the item will be in equipment. Which part you get is random, but the parts are tradable and become account bound when equipped. These pieces may also have substats.

Spoiler

Black Santa Set
black santa.jpg

black santa hat stats'.jpg     black santa sweater stats.jpg

black santa gloves stats.jpg     black santa boots stats.jpg

When the quest is completed enough times, Bob sends a giant Rudolph Santa to the City of Junon Polis. It spawns right by the drawbridge and doesn't seem to wander far from there. It's level 220 and pretty hard to kill but during the whole fight, it drops Christmas Gift Boxes and also Antlers.

Spoiler

both antlers.jpg

small antler stats.jpg      giant antlers.jpg

[Guide] Eva in Junon Polis
You must be able to travel to Luna (level 70) in order to do these quests.  Talk to Eva and pick option 2 to get the quest called "Jingle Bells".  
eva dialog.jpg

The items she wants will be found by killing mobs in Mt Eruca on the Luna Planet. Once you have completed this quest, keep talking to Eva to get the second quest called "Deck The Halls" then head back to Mt Eruca. After you've gathered the items, go to this spot. If you forget this step, Eva will send you back to Mt Eruca. (see the spoiler below)

Spoiler

Go to the top of that icy stairway. 
sleigh dust map.jpg

When you return to Eva, she gives you some snowballs and the Happy Holiday Party Set.  This set has no stats but here is what it looks like.
happy holidays party set.jpg
The quest called "Sleigh Ride" has begun. Head across the bridge to see the mayor.

[Mayor] Darren
Santa's sleigh crashed in Adventurer's Plains and the goblins stole it and all of the reindeer! Darren wants you to go knock some sense into them until they confess. This begins the quest called "Here We Come A-Wassailing".   Kill goblins in Goblin Cave until you get the quest drop, then return to Darren.  

The next part is called "Joy to the World".  Put the candy cane Darren gives you on your skill bar and go back to Goblin Cave. Kill goblins until a reindeer appears. Click on the reindeer, then on the candy cane. The number you need is 9- no more and no less.
santas reindeer.jpg

The quest says to lead them out one at a time. That's not technically true- you don't physically lead them (actually they disappear lol)  When you "get" a reindeer, you will see a picture in your quest log called "enticed" reindeer. The icon has a red ! near the reindeer's face. It's kind of difficult to see because it's under the number 1.
enticed reindeer.jpg

When you leave Goblin Cave and re-enter, the reindeers you already have change from "enticed " to "saved".
saved reindeer message.jpg

Saved reindeer can not be lost, so my advice is to leave and re-enter when you have 2, maybe 3 at the most.  You can go to the entrance to Goblin Cave to save them if you don't want to actually exit. The exclamation point changes from red to green for the saved ones. This ss shows a saved and an enticed reindeer.
enticed and saved.jpg

If you try to entice too many, you may suddenly see a lot of reindeer with this message.  This means that you've lost those enticed ones. You can try to get them back before they disappear but chances are that some will be gone before you can recapture them all.
spooked message.jpg

When you have saved 9 reindeer, return to Darren for your reward- 100 snowballs and a Silver Whistle Box.
silver whistle box.jpg

Click on it in your consumables tab and you will summon your very own reindeer mount! The mount will lock to your character when you use it. This quest is not repeatable.

In case anyone wants to see all of the reindeer, check the spoiler below

Spoiler

Dasher
dasher.jpg

Dancer
dancer.jpg

Prancer
prancer.jpg

Vixen
vixen.jpg

Comet
comet.jpg

Cupid
cupid.jpg

Donder

donder.jpg

Blitzen

blitzen.jpg

Rudolph

rudolph.jpg

Happy Holidays, Roserians! 🎄

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ames said:

Question: I am a dealer, and I see people wearing a Christmas Cannon. How do I get that? Is it with Snow Crystals, and Elifedoras as well?

The Christmas costume weapons are available in the Item Mall.  Click on the symbol of gold coins up by your mini map to open the Item Mall.  You can buy points at  the website.

i just bought a santa engine twice and the skis once, but theyre not in my inventory and i made sure it wasnt full so they didnt drop on the ground? Can't find it in my materials or consumable tab, hesitant on buying the frame until i figure out where they went..?

EDIT: (resolved) They are in the PAT tab of the inventory to the right of avatar/costume. phew

EDIT 2:
Now multiple players are having an issue buying the frame, we have the mats and Rudolf set equipped but Santa says i dont have enough mats .. (i was able to buy the ski and engine?)

Edited by ditto
found a different issue

16 hours ago, ditto said:

EDIT 2:
Now multiple players are having an issue buying the frame, we have the mats and Rudolf set equipped but Santa says i dont have enough mats .. (i was able to buy the ski and engine?)

I also experienced this one, and i believe you have 2 stacks of snow crystals. The game only recognize the number of the smaller stack.

Example: You have a 999 full stack, and another, lets say 167 stack of snow crystals. The game will say that you dont have enough mats for the santa  frame(500 crystals), because it only reads the 167 stack that you have. Same for santa engine(200 crys) and santa skis(250 crys).

Solution: You can put the lesser stack of snow crys in the Storage, under Character storage, and use the full stack(999 crys) to buy the cart parts.

Enjoy! 😊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guppi said:

1) Could someone post some pictures of the 'other' items (e.g. wishing bells)?

2) Can the santa cart only be used in Luna?

Check this topic to see the other Christmas items.
The Santa Cart can only be used on the Luna Planet.  If you look at the part descriptions it states that Luna Planet is required.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SikwaTe said:

I also experienced this one, and i believe you have 2 stacks of snow crystals. The game only recognize the number of the smaller stack.

Example: You have a 999 full stack, and another, lets say 167 stack of snow crystals. The game will say that you dont have enough mats for the santa  frame(500 crystals), because it only reads the 167 stack that you have. Same for santa engine(200 crys) and santa skis(250 crys).

Solution: You can put the lesser stack of snow crys in the Storage, under Character storage, and use the full stack(999 crys) to buy the cart parts.

Enjoy! 😊

you cannot store the snow crystals (if im correct, i tried 😛) but you can sell a small stack instead to get rid of them to an npc.

24 minutes ago, Sneaux said:

Is there a map with present locations? I've seen a handful but not 20. Can you grab the same spots over and over?

They basically spawn around NPC's tho there are some in other places.  They do respawn fairly quickly so check back in spots where you checked before.  Look for those fairly lights.

i'll probably have the goblin note by the time someone replies.. but does anyone know which ones you are supposed to farm? theres like 7 differnet goblins.. im doing the warriors. dont know if higher levels have higher drop rate chance or not.. hopefully if it gets an answer it'll help someone in the future though