Jump to content

New Game Feature: Champions of Arua VS Guards of Hebarn


Maestro
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had briefly mentioned a quick thought that had come to my mind on Discord, about a new feature or process of evolving the storyline of ROSE Online in this new release. What I propose is incorporating a new style of gameplay that would add to the excitement of playing the game- especially for those of us who are already used to the ‘same old, same old’ way that the game has been played for years. This new potential update is called, “Champions of Arua VS Guards of Hebarn.”

Relevance to the ROSE Storyline

Arua is seen as the goddess of ROSE, who created the planets. Most of the maps have this fun and cute, bright and nature-filled setting, probably based on the nature of Arua. Hebarn, seems to be the villain in the story who is seeking to disrupt this change. (Rose is like two decades old, and we have not really seen any significance in these two beings, or how they have changed gameplay)

The Proposal:

Using this information, I propose that the Devs consider something along the lines below, which I will explain. It does not have to roll out for release, or in the exact manner, but it would be nice if this was looked at for new content and continuing the story line. Much of what I mention here should not be too difficult to implement, and I will explain why in some steps.

Players when they create their new character will now be able to choose if they would like to side with the Champions of Arua OR the Guards of Hebarn. (There can be a brief history or explanation about what those mean, for new players who need help deciding).

Once you choose a side, your character is then influenced by their decision, and their gameplay style is somewhat reflected in that decision. (Neither decision makes a character stronger or weaker than the other. But they may both have their pros and cons)

Example 1

Hebarn is seen as the villain, that is associated with darkness and destruction. This choice could influence the type of gear that the character wears (it could just be a darker themed gear set or overlay over existing gears.) This Easily distinguishes who is on what side, when travelling and playing in the world of ROSE.

Arua is seen as the hero of light and all good things. The gears of a character on this side, would remain the same as they are now- bright and.. cute idk.

As a result of this new system, when you go to refine these gears, the sets that the Guards of Hebarn have will have a darker or reddish glow to them as they increase in refinement. Whereas, the Champions of Arua, will maintain this bright and luminous glow when they are refined- further distinguishing the two bodies of characters.

Example 2

This could further allow for the Devs to use Item Mall in a creative manner. Some items (none of which would make a character stronger or make the game Pay to Win), can only be used by either the Guards of Hebarn, or the Champions of Arua. There could be crazy and dark looking spiky Item Mall costumes and weapons for the Guards of Hebarn, or Shinier and more holy looking overlays for costumes and weapons for the Champions of Arua.

More Item mall examples, could be a coupon that allows you to switch sides, if bought in IM. This should not be considered Pay to Win, (although persons may think it is lol)

Example 3

This decision ALSO influences, say, your Ammo type that you are able to use. Scouts, for example, who associate with the Guards of Hebarn, will only be able to use darker arrows such as maybe dark night arrows, nymph arrows, or fire arrows. Whereas, those who side with the Champions of Arua, will be able to use more holy arrows like Storm arrows or lightening arrows etc. Same for other Ammo types (Poison bullets, fire shells etc.)

Example 4

Certain maps may also be only available for certain characters. Those who side with the Guards of Hebarn, will have access to Desert of the Dead, Sikuku Ruins, and other dark and deadly looking maps, whiles Champion of Arua, will not have access to them. On the Flip side, Champions of Arua will have access to more holy maps like Forgotten Temple, and others. (Note: This is only for a select number of maps, maybe two or three, out of the entire game. Also, it does not have to be a hard restriction, but maybe there is a daily or hourly cooldown for when different sides can enter these locations. I understand this may have its cons, but it may also have its pros)

 

How Can This Be Further Implemented in the Gameplay of ROSE?

I propose that many of the activities in ROSE be impacted by this change. I would like to see a new system where the Guards of Hebarn and the Champions of Arua battle it out in a PVP style Event. This could be a bi-weekly, or monthly challenge. It can be a 25 vs 25, or 50 vs 50 event, with different rounds.

The outcome of this battle of the Guards of Hebarn and the Champions of Arua will decide the way things seem in ROSE online.

IF the Guards of Hebarn seem to win these events often, then the theme of Rose will change, as the power of darkness wins-

1)     The environment will get darker (like how it is at night, or like a Halloween event which should already be in the code)

2)     We will be seeing a lot more candle ghosts in levelling areas or around the map

3)     Mobs may get stronger, or become cursed (kind of like the spiders in Ruins when darkness comes)

4)     Character log-in screens will have a dark theme overlay, etc., etc.

IF the Champions of Arua win these PVP events often, then the theme of Rose will remain as it is now, in the current bright and lively setting which we know as normal gameplay.

How Can This Be Beneficial To The Game?

1)     It increases game immersion and dedication. Currently, it feels likes everyone in ROSE has their own agenda. There is rarely any “fight for a common cause” unless you’re in a clan. This would allow bodies of players to fight alongside wider communities and increase engagement.

2)     This opens up the door to a wide range of new end-game content, as the game is now able to fork into many different directions, in the creative vision of the Devs.

3)     Players now have the power to shape and influence ROSE. This will increase the likelihood of players WANTING to play and they will feel like their input is meaningful in the wider game.

4)     If the darkness is winning, persons can decide to step up and make a change. They can create a new character and join the side of Arua, in an effort to revert things to the way they once were. And vice-versa. This increases the number of players and makes persons want to make more characters.

I understand the obvious CON of this system, that persons may take it too seriously, and say, not party or level with the opposite side and so on and so forth. However, I would like to see your thoughts and of course any pros and cons you see coming from this. Peace.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like the idea of having two sides. But there are many things why this could work or wouldn't work. So i have a couple of questions, which are also based on experiences with other MMO's i've played.

  1. Would the two sides be able to chat with each other? Or wouldn't they simply not see each others chatmessages.
  2. How should this work in cities? Are the cities considered sanctuaries with no pvp possible or would each side have their own cities?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Zeror said:

I'd like the idea of having two sides. But there are many things why this could work or wouldn't work. So i have a couple of questions, which are also based on experiences with other MMO's i've played.

  1. Would the two sides be able to chat with each other? Or wouldn't they simply not see each others chatmessages.
  2. How should this work in cities? Are the cities considered sanctuaries with no pvp possible or would each side have their own cities?

Oh no everything outside of the changes will remain the same as it is now. Both sides operate in the same games space, on the same server, on the same maps. Both can see chats in general or when vending etc., Exactly how the normal game is currently- None of that would change.

So If I'm Arua and you're Hebarn, I will still see you in game and chat with you or level as normal. If we get to max level though, we would be fighting on opposite teams. Me vs you to help whichever side we associate with. There would just be persons who side with one, or the other. But their decision and battle outcomes from the events etc., shape the world of ROSE and shape their individual gameplays (in terms of gears or costume designs etc.) as explained, to add variety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Maestro said:

So If I'm Arua and you're Hebarn, I will still see you in game and chat with you or level as normal.

But we are enemies of each other. We have different agendas of what we want to achieve. World of Warcraft, for example, doesn't allow players of opposing factions to chat with each other. This way players can coordinate without that enemy player know their plan. So maybe there could be an Arua-chat and a Hebarn-chat so each side can chat there without of the other side knowing.

But I like this idea so much that I would take this idea even further.

Arua players would start on planet Junon, just like it is now. Nothing changes for them. Hebarn players start on planet Skaaj. We haven't seen this planet yet. Skaaj is supposed to be a vacation resort with a love theme. But since Hebarn invaded the place the love here cannot be found anywhere on this planet. It has become a place of hatred.

Arua players advance from planet Junon to planet Luna. Junon was safe and fully controlled by Arua, but Luna is partly controlled by Arua and is in conflict with Hebarn. Hebarn players, on the other hand, advance from planet Skaaj to planet Karkia. Same story there. Skaaj is safe for Hebarn players and Karkia is in conflict with Arua.

Both sides advance then to planet Eldeon. After that to planet Oro. And at last they go to planet Hebarn. This planet is very unsafe for both Arua and Hebarn players. Here are the worst entities of the evil Hebarn, which aren't even friendly for the Guards of Hebarn. This planet is the ultimate endgame.

Both sides can visit each other planets. But be aware of the risks. An arua controlled planet is not safe for Hebarn and vice versa.

Check this map i made:

AruaHebarnFlow.jpg

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Zeror said:

But we are enemies of each other. We have different agendas of what we want to achieve. World of Warcraft, for example, doesn't allow players of opposing factions to chat with each other. This way players can coordinate without that enemy player know their plan. So maybe there could be an Arua-chat and a Hebarn-chat so each side can chat there without of the other side knowing.

But I like this idea so much that I would take this idea even further.

Arua players would start on planet Junon, just like it is now. Nothing changes for them. Hebarn players start on planet Skaaj. We haven't seen this planet yet. Skaaj is supposed to be a vacation resort with a love theme. But since Hebarn invaded the place the love here cannot be found anywhere on this planet. It has become a place of hatred.

Arua players advance from planet Junon to planet Luna. Junon was safe and fully controlled by Arua, but Luna is partly controlled by Arua and is in conflict with Hebarn. Hebarn players, on the other hand, advance from planet Skaaj to planet Karkia. Same story there. Skaaj is safe for Hebarn players and Karkia is in conflict with Arua.

Both sides advance then to planet Eldeon. After that to planet Oro. And at last they go to planet Hebarn. This planet is very unsafe for both Arua and Hebarn players. Here are the worst entities of the evil Hebarn, which aren't even friendly for the Guards of Hebarn. This planet is the ultimate endgame.

Both sides can visit each other planets. But be aware of the risks. An arua controlled planet is not safe for Hebarn and vice versa.

Check this map i made:

AruaHebarnFlow.jpg

While the idea (within the map) is good, I disagree with the love planet being Hebarn's territory. Skaaj is the world of love.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zeror said:

But we are enemies of each other. We have different agendas of what we want to achieve. World of Warcraft, for example, doesn't allow players of opposing factions to chat with each other. This way players can coordinate without that enemy player know their plan. So maybe there could be an Arua-chat and a Hebarn-chat so each side can chat there without of the other side knowing.

But I like this idea so much that I would take this idea even further.

Arua players would start on planet Junon, just like it is now. Nothing changes for them. Hebarn players start on planet Skaaj. We haven't seen this planet yet. Skaaj is supposed to be a vacation resort with a love theme. But since Hebarn invaded the place the love here cannot be found anywhere on this planet. It has become a place of hatred.

Arua players advance from planet Junon to planet Luna. Junon was safe and fully controlled by Arua, but Luna is partly controlled by Arua and is in conflict with Hebarn. Hebarn players, on the other hand, advance from planet Skaaj to planet Karkia. Same story there. Skaaj is safe for Hebarn players and Karkia is in conflict with Arua.

Both sides advance then to planet Eldeon. After that to planet Oro. And at last they go to planet Hebarn. This planet is very unsafe for both Arua and Hebarn players. Here are the worst entities of the evil Hebarn, which aren't even friendly for the Guards of Hebarn. This planet is the ultimate endgame.

Both sides can visit each other planets. But be aware of the risks. An arua controlled planet is not safe for Hebarn and vice versa.

Check this map i made:

AruaHebarnFlow.jpg

Nicely done and interesting concept! Yes they could look at that sort of thing as well if they release the other worlds. It would really change the entire path of ROSE which I think it needs. It needs a refresher. ROSE has such a strong foundation and has a LOT of potential if the team can get the man power over time to really experiment with these ideas, or possibly work in more dynamic game engines etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always did like the concept of faction vs faction in MMORPG. Personally I'd love to see this feature incrementally added in. Like maybe in the beginning you just have Arua VS Hebarn battles, then add in different graphics, planets, etc.

Though with that said I'm curious if the game (and your average player's computer) could handle potentially hundreds of characters going on a battle royale.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, trytoguess said:

Always did like the concept of faction vs faction in MMORPG. Personally I'd love to see this feature incrementally added in. Like maybe in the beginning you just have Arua VS Hebarn battles, then add in different graphics, planets, etc.

Though with that said I'm curious if the game (and your average player's computer) could handle potentially hundreds of characters going on a battle royale.

Yes same! They can choose to roll out incrementally as well, and maybe have a test server for these changes before it goes live at some point. I just want to see something tying together these main 'gods of ROSE' and some significance in gameplay. When game arenas used to run most often yearsss ago there would definitely seem to be hundreds of people waiting to enter so I'm sure any computer today can handle that and more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It really is more the issue being the game's performance itself than the capability of $current_year hardware. The dev team's on the case, though.

@Maestro do you see this pre-empting the Fate quest or would the quest be a finalization of your initial choice?

Edited by Bobbity
Left out some words again, sigh.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bobbity said:

It really is more the issue being the game's performance itself than the capability of $current_year hardware. The dev team's on the case, though.

@Maestro do you see this pre-empting the Fate quest or would the quest be a finalization of your initial choice?

And that's the thing as well. With the Fate quest I feel like there are hints of something more awaits between Hebarn and Arua, except the fate quest is kinda a dead end. You do it and it's like "oh what is the relevance, or what has this changed in my gameplay". Not much, if anything. And that's if people even decide to do it. Many persons just didn't do it or used tele tickets to get to Orlo. So it was more of an option that was rarely done as opposed to a requirement. I think if it becomes a requirement to choose a side, then persons can still have that familiar play style, but there would be subtle and different game experiences in real-time with the suggestions I mentioned.

My initial idea required persons to choose from the start when making a new character, but maybe it could also be a requirement that you must choose when you have reached to lvl 100. And then these second job armours, weapons, Ammo, etc., all reflect the changes based on your side as I mentioned. It could go either way tbh.

They can make the Fate Quest more end-game and more difficult to prove your loyalty or something (say at lvl 230), and that opens doors to certain planets. IF you choose the side of Hebarn, then you are granted access to his dark worlds. These worlds have different drop tables or dark spiky armour drops. It could bring fresh designs into the game. IF you chose Arua, then you can go to her planets that have not yet been released and these also have their own drop tables. (Again this new idea is likely for the future if a design team comes on-board) but you get the idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...