The game is too friendly - Mobs should have more aggro

Zeror

I think the game is too peaceful if you look at the aggro of the monsters. Aggro should be build up from the first couple zones. I agree on that, but when you're past Zant the introduction of the game is over and the real danger can begin. Mobs should be much more dangerous from that point. No more passing or skipping certain mobs for speedy leveling or something, but being attacked by the mobs cause they are a threat to you and you are on their kill list.

Levels of aggro (should not be based on difficulty):

1. Peaceful - might attack sometimes.
  2. Will attack you if coming too close.
  3. Will attack if nearby.
  4. Will attack if in targeting range.
  5. Will attack and alert nearby mobs to assist.

Level 1 and 2 are perfect for the first couple of maps, Adventure plains to Zant. After Zant level 3 should be active. The higher level zone you get the higher aggro level the zone should have.

Edited by Zeror

The game already has an aggro level system, which (at least used to) goes hand in hand with the difficulty rate, and drop rate (that colourful list). Yellow and above are more likely to aggro you than lower level mobs.

Or at least that's how it used to work and everywhere I've played. Unless NA changed it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeror said:

It should not be based on difficulty.

That sounds counterintuitive to what the aim of the game is. No player is going to like reaching a brick wall where everything attacks them no matter the difficulty and they die constantly with no chance of strategy because the game doesn't care. The point with the current system is that you will survive a reasonable % of the time if you're at your designated level spot, but you can strategise and go out and kill harder enemies if you plan for it, use the right equipment, etc.

Eldeon and Oro are fine, but on Junon and Luna the aggro might be a bit higher if you ask me. Let the danger start from El Verloon Desert and so on. Make the mobs a bit more aggressive from that point.

2 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

That sounds counterintuitive to what the aim of the game is. No player is going to like reaching a brick wall where everything attacks them no matter the difficulty and they die constantly with no chance of strategy because the game doesn't care. The point with the current system is that you will survive a reasonable % of the time if you're at your designated level spot, but you can strategise and go out and kill harder enemies if you plan for it, use the right equipment, etc.

It should not be based on difficulty in camparison to level, i mean. If your level 200 and you are in a Gorge of Silence. The mobs should still be aggressively attack you.

Edited by Zeror

3 minutes ago, Zeror said:

If your level 200 and you are in a Gorge of Silence. The mobs should still be aggressively attack you.

For what reason? It would make literally no difference to the game. If anything, that's a horrible idea because then we'll just bring our maxed alts to aggro everywhere while we take our time killing the enemy whilst being technically too weak.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

For what reason? It would make literally no difference to the game. If anything, that's a horrible idea because then we'll just bring our maxed alts to aggro everywhere while we take our time killing the enemy whilst being technically too weak.

I don’t think he understands lol. 

What we are saying is there’s no point in adding it earlier in the game. People will die too frequently because they’re just starting out. Hawkers don’t have enough DEX to have the mobs constantly miss, soldiers don’t have enough STR for adequate defense, and so on for maps like Breezy Hills to constantly attack them. 

Like @Wondertjehas already mentioned, getting level 100 and returning so every mob can attack is ridiculous. Not only do they not do any damage, but that character can act as a shield for everyone else to just attack without getting hit, negating your suggestion to begin with.

The game is fine as it is regarding aggro. 

Edited by Avatar

I feel like the current aggro is already very aggressive. Walking through an area with red or purple mobs is almost guaranteed death. I feel like this part of the game is already very well balanced and doesn't need any adjustments.

• Like 1