How to Play, returning

Pedro

Hello, roserians!

I'm thinking about get back to Rose. In now days I really don't have much that free time to play and won't nothing harcorse, I mean, multiple clients, hard farming etc.. I'm mostly looking for a soft and relaxing playstyle.. So, does it work playing mage or bourg for full PvM? Even a Artisan for farming and crafting stuffs myself? I really like mages but, c'mon, they leak in defense. Otherwise, have a good AoE damage, doesn't? So, worth playing a full PvM magician or its really really better go for a bourg or even an "hybrid farm-craft artisan"?

Cya! maybe.

If you want a relax playstyle, play soldier. You are tanky and deal good damage. You can solo level easily. Dual client with a muse helps though so you don't spend most of your zullie on pots. Do quests and find parties. I started soldier when I first joined. Then became a knight and I managed to solo level to max which took me 1 and a half month but this will depend on joining parties. Its ok to take your time to learn and play the game. Good luck, have fun and welcome to rose online. 👍

Edited by zstark

Mages can be pretty squishy but with Mana Shield you can tank a LOT of damage you wouldn't be able to in older, iROSE scenarios. I have yet to level an Artisan but so far, with the buff allocation and using food/pots, I've been able to solo level every class. Dual clienting is probably the most efficient way to play, but it's not required to get to Lv 250. Having a Cleric with you in general isn't required anymore, though the Heals come in real handy.

Soldier is a nice intro class too, as you are tanky and can dish out damage as well. A lot of players will use Spear to level to 2nd job and then decide where to go from there as Spear has a lot of AoEs you can use to complete Quests. Same for Mages, though they're squishier without Mana Shield active.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Hi!

Thank you, guys! Does a Cleric can play PvM? Do they have a lil better atack damage now that they're not more the buff gods?

Dependent on who you ask the answer will be different and highly contentious.  Cleric will always be the same low def etc.

Playing a cleric will boils down to what your playing style is, you can play as a summoner class using your swords great for dps or even use your dragons great as a tank or you can try battle cleric which deals DoT using more stat effects (stun,sleep), crit dmg also another option to go where you just use your normal atk as your main source of dmg and you have to have a high atk spd with this one,you can even incorporate your DoT's with this build or summons. The numbers on these builds can be quite tricky because sometimes just adding an extra stat in any of your build could alter the ratio.

If you want a more in depth discussion/explanation then i would suggest go on to discord and ask in the cleric tab under classes. Hope that will give you an idea of what it is you want to focus on but stick with your build first before trying someone else's build. 

Edited by Ashura
  • Like 2

One nice, and fairly important, thing to remember is that we have unlimited, free stat and skill resets.  So if you don't like your stats or the skills you chose, you can change it anytime.  I think this is especially handy for the muse class.  When you are playing solo, you can set yourself up for defense.  When you're in a party, you can switch to a more full support build. 

It sounds like it might have been several years since you last played ROSE.  This topic might be useful to help you see at a glance what has changed. There are links to other guides on features that might not be familiar to you .  We also have a Discord server, if you were not aware.  I'm usually around on Discord so feel free to message me anytime.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, guys

I'm playing a bourg. As I've noticed, theres no more a  "must have" for a cleric, right? I mean, they're more a healer nowdays. Not anymore that powerful buffer wich you just can't go on without a cleric with you.

I really really won't be playing multiple clients this time 😅

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Hello, guys

I'm playing a bourg. As I've noticed, theres no more a  "must have" for a cleric, right? I mean, they're more a healer nowdays. Not anymore that powerful buffer wich you just can't go on without a cleric with you.

I really really won't be playing multiple clients this time 😅

Muse class is still the only class that can heal, but as you said, it's no longer necessary to level with a cleric.  Bourg and cleric is a good combination if you do decide to dual client but you can definitely solo too.

Thank you, Buns! I'm going for a bourg. Lets see if I can still play rose nowdays hehe. Nowdays with a babe and a lot of work to do, it may be a bit harder. ANyway, hope to meet some old names around :B

• Like 1