Speak Like a (Scurvy) Pirate Event Sept. 15 - Sept. 30

HoneyBuns

There is a lot going on during this event. Let's start with the drops.  Ancient Pirate Coins will drop from monsters around your level. They can be exchanged for some event items and other things by talking to Captain Peg Leg. You'll find him at the back of Junon Polis.

Pirate Treasure Chests can also drop from monsters.  They will stack in the consumable tab of your inventory and will contain one of the following: 
Pirate Booty Box
Ancient Pirate Coin
Pirate Treasure Box 

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SPACE IN YOUR INVENTORY TABS BEFORE YOU START OPENING THESE CHESTS AND BOXES

Spoiler

Pirate Booty Box
This box will contain one of these materials, in various quantities:

Golden Hearts
Green Hearts
White Hearts
Lisent Hg
Essence
Hime
Hermes

Pirate Treasure Box
This box will contain one of the following:

Pirate Eyepatch Box 
Pirate Captain Hat Box
Pirate Hat Box
Pirate Bandana Box 
Pirate Hook Box
Pirate Frigate Box 

Check the spoiler under Option 6 for more info on the wearable items and check the last spoiler in this post for info on the Pirate Frigate Box

Captain Peg Leg can be found in the back of the City of Junon Polis, near the docks.

Spoiler

Some of the images in this guide are from the event back at NA. I'll update with new images as I can but the Captain's location won't change

peg location.jpg

He has a LOT of dialog choices. 
peg dialog 2023.jpg

Option 1 "Is there anything I can trade for these Ancient Pirate Coins?"

Spoiler

For 100 coins he will give you his Peg Leg
pegleg.jpg      peg leg.jpg

For 150 coins you can get a Pirate Tankard which is also a one-handed weapon (kill them with 🍺)
pirate tankard.jpg     pirate tankard.jpg

For 250 coins you can get a Captain's Eyepatch 
Captain's Eyepatch.jpg     captain eyepatch stats.jpg

For 500 coins you can get either a Pirate Flag or a Pirate Booty Bag. Both are back items
pirate flag.jpg      pirate flag stats.jpg

Pirates Booty Bag.jpg     pirate booty bag stats.jpg

Option 2 "Any idea where a scurvy something or other like me could get a pet parrot?"

Spoiler

You must be able to travel to Eldeon (level 120) in order to do this quest.   The quest is called
"Squawk like a Parrot Day"

Kill Sikuku Gargoyles in Forest of Wandering for 200 proofs
Kill Orpes and Eudys in Marsh of Ghosts for 50 proofs

Reward – Parrot with Pirate Outfit
quest reward.jpg

This quest is repeatable.

Option 3 "What's a pirate gotta do to get one of those mighty fine firearms?"

Spoiler

You must be able to travel to Orlo (level 200 (180 if using the portal in OT)) in order to do this quest.  The quest is called
"Blunderbusted"

Kill 500 mobs in Orlo

Reward: Your choice of a gun or a cannon
Pirate Hand Cannon
pirate hand cannon.jpg    pirate cannon.jpg

Pirate Blunderbuss
pirate blunderbuss.jpg    pirate gun.jpg

This quest is repeatable.

Option 4 "Where can I find Ancient Pirate Coins?" 
I'm not even sure what he says but just go kill monsters. The coins drop on all four planets.

Option 5  "What can I do with the Ancient Pirate Coins? "
Old Peg Leg will give you some line about his treasures or w/e. To find out what you can actually exchange the coins for, click on the next option.

Option 6 "I'd like to trade in some coins for items"

Spoiler

pegleg chems.jpg

8. Any Pirate gear for trade?
pegleg pirate.jpg

Pirate Eyepatch Box
The Pirate Eyepatches all have a base stat of Sense 10.  They may also have substats 

pirate eyepattch stats.jpg

Pirate Captain Hat Box
The Pirate Captain Hats do not have any blue stats but they can have substats.

captain pirate hat stats.jpg

Pirate Hat Box
The Pirate hats do not have any blue stats, but they can have substats.
pirate hat stats.jpg

Pirate Bandana Box
The Pirate Bandanas do not have any blue stats, but they can have substats.

pirate bandana stats.jpg

Pirate Hook Box
The Pirate hooks are recreational off- hands and they have a base stat of Attack Power 18. They can also have substats.
pirate hook stats.jpg

Check these spoilers to see how these items look

Pirate Hats

Spoiler

Green Pirate Hat
green pirate hat.jpg

Black Pirate Hat
black pirate hat.jpg

Red Pirate Hat
red pirate hat.jpg

Blue Pirate Hat
blue pirate hat.jpg

Purple Pirate Hat
purple pirate hat.jpg

Pirate Captain Hats and Pirate Eyepatches

Spoiler

Green Captain Pirate Hat and Green Eyepatch
green capt hat and eyepatch.jpg

Black Captain Pirate Hat and Black Eyepatch
black capt hat and eyepatch.jpg

Red Pirate Captain Hat and Red Eyepatch
red capt hat and eyepatch.jpg

White Pirate Captain Hat and White Eyepatch
white capt hat and eyeppatch.jpg

Purple Pirate Captain Hat and Purple Eyepatch
purple capt hat and eyepatch.jpg

Pirate Bandanas and Pirate Hooks- Note that each bandana comes with "hair" 

Spoiler

Green Pirate Bandana and Green Pirate Hook
green bandana and hook.jpg

Black Pirate Bandana and Black Pirate Hook
black bandana and hook.jpg

Red Pirate Bandana and Gray Pirate Hook
red bandana and gray hook.jpg

Blue Pirate Bandana and Gold Pirate Hook
blue bandana and gold hook.jpg

Purple Pirate Bandana and Purple Pirate Hook
purple bandana and hook.jpg

Option 7 "I'd like to hunt for the Captain Pirate Thief Bug" 
Option 8 "Where can I find Captain Pirate Thief Bug and his crew?"
Option 9 :I have defeated Captain Pirate Thief Bug"

These three options are all related  to the same quest. 

Spoiler

You must be able to travel to Orlo (level 200 (180 if using the portal in OT)) in order to do this quest.
This quest has several parts, but you don't have to return to Junon every time.  As you complete one part, the quest name and objective both change so you can just continue until you're done with all four of them, then return to Captain Peg Leg to claim your reward.

"In search of Captain Pirate Thief Bug (1)"
The first part of the quest requires you to find and kill 5 Third Mate Pirate Thief Bugs.  All of these mates will spawn randomly while fighting monsters on Orlo. They are pretty small and very fast, so when you see one, go kill it as quickly as you can.  

The Third Mate Pirate Thief Bugs will spawn on the Golden Ring map.  No need to post locations since they can spawn from killing any monster on the map, but here is a ss to give you an idea of what they look like.
third mate bug.jpg

When you have defeated 5 of these little guys,  the quest name will change.

"In search of Captain Pirate Thief Bug (2)"
Now you need to defeat four Second Mate Pirate Thief Bugs. You'll find them on Wasteland Ruins Path and it works the same way.  Kill monsters on that map to spawn them.

"In search of Captain Pirate Thief Bug (3)"
Next is the First Mate Thief Bug. Defeat two of these buggers.   These will spawn on either of the Wasteland Maps and it works like it did on the other maps.

"In search of Captain Pirate Thief Bug (4)"
The final part of this quest is to defeat Captain Thief Bug. Unlike his mates, this guy can be found in the Desert City of Muris and he is larger than the other bugs were and as you can see, he has a yellow name even for a level 250 toon.  You must be in a party to get the quest proof for killing the Captain Pirate Thief Bug.
captain bug.jpg

Return to Junon and choose the last option “I have defeated Captain Pirate Thief Bug”. He will ask if you want to give him 15 Ancient Pirate Coins, which you must have in your inventory already. When you agree, he will take the coins and give you the Pirate Frigate. There are several different colors of this cart frame in the Locked Pirate Frigate boxes, but the only way to get this color (the original Moldie color) is by completing this quest. The quest is repeatable
pirate frigate.jpg

As mentioned above, one of the possible items in Pirate Treasure Box is a Pirate Frigate Box. The spoiler below has ss of what can be in those boxes.

Spoiler

Black Frigate

black frigate.jpg

Blue Frigate

blue frigate.jpg

Green Frigate

green frigate.jpg

Pink Frigate
pink frigate.jpg

Purple Frigate

purple frigate.jpg

Red Frigate
red frigate.jpg

White Frigate
white frigate.jpg

Yellow Frigate

yellow frigate.jpg

Have fun, maties!  Yarrr!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• HoneyBuns changed the title to Speak Like a (Scurvy) Pirate Event Sept. 15 - Sept. 30
Just now, zstark said:

This is probably the best event so far 😎👍. I'll be taking a month break. Thanks for the event Rednim games  and @HoneyBuns for the guide. 

Screenshot2023-09-16222005.png.535352a514174a577680b8f6f1c47d1c.png

Screenshot 2023-09-16 222247.png

Hey big congrats!  Thanks for sharing!!  Imo that is easily the best cart in the game. 

Did you get the Parrot costume yet?  Your toon would look pretty nifty with a 🦜 on your shoulder. 

On 8/27/2023 at 11:28 AM, HoneyBuns said:

There are several different colors of this cart frame in the Locked Pirate Frigate boxes, but the only way to get this color (the original Moldie color) is by completing this quest. The quest is repeatable
Moldie_Frigate_2.jpg

So then your screenshot is wrong? I dont get the difference on theirs, it just looks like they have the battle cart weapon also... is that part of the model then?

23 minutes ago, Mek said:

I actually see 2 blue, the one your riding and the one your not. I got the one your riding from the box, not the quest.

chrome_2023-09-17_13-39-20.png.614fae64c291d36371b1c61005e5fa38.pngchrome_2023-09-17_13-39-32.png.3789f40eb0d60fff1ad63391eb5999ad.pngtrose_2023-09-17_11-04-14.png.110c96b4c14b0ff238a3dc90a9eddcbd.png

I just replaced the old ss from NA with a new one. The frigate you get from the quest is called Pirate Frigate and it has the blue striped flag in front and the black pirate flags in the back.   The one you can get from the Frigate Box is called Blue Pirate Frigate and it has an X on the front flag and different flags in the back.

Sorry for the confusion.