Character Names with spacing

Bobbity

Worthwhile suggestion?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is this suggestion interesting enough to be worth (possibly additional) development time?

• Worth it.
    • We're already okay, thanks.

SUGGESTION: Allow characters to be named with spacing and even additional formatting 

Based on previous updates, this suggestion is likely to already be on the list of 'things to implement' so this might be redundant. I reckon it's worth highlighting though.

PROS:

-Never-before seen quality of life improvement to player immersion.

-Greater variety of character names

CONS:

-May require longer development time than anticipated

-???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is a good reason for not adding spaces in character names. Cause how would you approach a name with a space in it?

If i whisper a character with a space inside its name, what would i need to type? What if there are two names that have same words/names in it?

@Bobbity This is my message!
@Bobbity Awesome This is my message!

Which character gets what message? Does character Bobbity get the message Awesome This is my message or does Bobbity Awesome gets the message This is my message!
To make it work better you could add quotes to the system to work with character names with spaces. In software development this is pretty normal to do when working with strings of text which has different kinds of symbols used. So for example:

Double quotes
@"Bobbity" This is my message!
@"Bobbity Awesome" This is my message!
or single quotes
@'Bobbity' This is my message!
@'Bobbity Awesome' This is my message!

Adding quotes in doesn't make the system easier. It make it harder and people will probably forget to use quotes which is causing the system to fail. So you need another way to do this. There is a lot you can do. Even rebuilding the whole character naming/messaging/friend system. Those are the things to think about, cause you are literally changing a system that has been in ROSE since the beginning.

• Sad 1

On 5/5/2022 at 3:13 AM, Bobbity said:

SUGGESTION: Allow characters to be named with spacing and even additional formatting 

Based on previous updates, this suggestion is likely to already be on the list of 'things to implement' so this might be redundant. I reckon it's worth highlighting though.

PROS:

-Never-before seen quality of life improvement to player immersion.

-Greater variety of character names

CONS:

-May require longer development time than anticipated

-???

no please! i dont want to see name and family name on top of each character lol 

• Haha 1