9th Grade Refines

Phish_

It looks like theres been some oversight with 8th and 9th grade refine items.

So it seems like 8th grade refines (talismans, bindrunes, apotropes) drop in marsh of ghosts and sikuku prison (Im not sure if they drop in forest of wandering), and 9th grade refines drop in sikuku ruins and every orlo map. So grade 8 refines drop from ~180-210 ish level range maps, and 9 refines drop from level ~190 up to level 250 maps. 

The problem is, almost all high level gear requires grade 8 refines.

Level 220 exalted gear takes grade 9 refines, as do level 220 back items (phoenix wings, executor capes), and I beleive level 240 honor armor.

However level 225 weapons still require grade 8, the highest level shield  requires grade 8, the highest level cleric tool requires grade 8, the highest level backshields require grade 8. 

Yes Level 220 backshields require grade 9 apotropes but level 240 backitems require grade 8.

Is there even a single item in game that uses grade 9 talismans?

It looks like any gear released past sikuku catacombs got overlooked. Hopefully this can get adjusted. 

Edited by Phish_
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Phish_ said:

It looks like theres been some oversight with 8th and 9th grade refine items.

So it seems like 8th grade refines (talismans, bindrunes, apotropes) drop in marsh of ghosts and sikuku prison (Im not sure if they drop in forest of wandering), and 9th grade refines drop in sikuku ruins and every orlo map. So grade 8 refines drop from ~180-210 ish level range maps, and 9 refines drop from level ~190 up to level 250 maps. 

The problem is, almost all high level gear requires grade 8 refines.

Level 220 exalted gear takes grade 9 refines, as do level 220 back items (phoenix wings, executor capes), and I beleive level 240 honor armor.

However level 225 weapons still require grade 8, the highest level shield  requires grade 8, the highest level cleric tool requires grade 8, the highest level backshields require grade 8. 

Yes Level 220 backshields require grade 9 apotropes but level 240 backitems require grade 8.

Is there even a single item in game that uses grade 9 talismans?

It looks like any gear released past sikuku catacombs got overlooked. Hopefully this can get adjusted. 

Forest of Wandering drops 8ths as well.

You can either lvl fast, or you can lvl and make zulie. I choose the zullie route, and uh... I like the place that 8th grade is in right now for those reasons, I think 8th grade and the situation of 9th is in a really, really good place. and this is not coming from ANY BIAS whatsoever.  .... ahem.... 

roseonlinefarm.jpg

I'm with HeatFist and Entity on this one. Ruins has the superior exp, so the other Eldeon maps would be straight up useless if you could get 8ths in ruins.

What drops 6th grade talismans besides Warbiz? Forgotten temple? The high level penguins don't and so does nothing else in Eldeon that I have found yet.

3 hours ago, Phish_ said:

I'm not saying grade 8s need to drop in ruins. I'm saying the highest level gears should be grade 9s, not grade 8. Especially considering 9th grade arebt even used for anything as far as I know.

There will be grade 9 stuff I'm sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if it takes around a year for that to happen. I'm surprised 225 weapons aren't grade 9.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:36 PM, DoubleRose said:

I'm with HeatFist and Entity on this one. Ruins has the superior exp, so the other Eldeon maps would be straight up useless if you could get 8ths in ruins.

What drops 6th grade talismans besides Warbiz? Forgotten temple? The high level penguins don't and so does nothing else in Eldeon that I have found yet.

The Forgotten Temple 2nd floor. The first few rooms surrounding the respawn in 2nd floor still drops 5th grade refines. but when one goes further inside, like the Berkana room and such. there drops 6th grade refines. But sadly I noticed that practically noone hunts in the Forgotten Temple. The map is so big yet so empty. Such a waste. Some players I have come across, did not even know that the Forgotten Temple is a map where you can go in to hunt.

2 minutes ago, NuraW said:

The Forgotten Temple 2nd floor. The first few rooms surrounding the respawn in 2nd floor still drops 5th grade refines. but when one goes further inside, like the Berkana room and such. there drops 6th grade refines. But sadly I noticed that practically noone hunts in the Forgotten Temple. The map is so big yet so empty. Such a waste. Some players I have come across, did not even know that the Forgotten Temple is a map where you can go in to hunt.

Low key, it's one of the best farming spots in the game. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 3:36 PM, DoubleRose said:

6ths Talisman can drop from spotted scavengers in Oblivion Temple too

On 2/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, DoubleRose said:

The Illusion Ghosts on Luna drop 6th