NPC buffs for new and solo players

rayun

I think it would be nice if lower level maps and specific cities would have way to get buffs from npc somehow.

Coming to play as new without buffs and gear in rose is relatively hard, especially if you dont know much about game.

Even basic strenght buffs helps bigtime, it would still keep cleric to be one who can give really good buffs.

It would make people flow around specific areas on map and gather for buffs, also allow solo or new player groups buff up.

There could be some quest in first maps what explains about buffs and then as way to learn it gives buffs via npc/etc.

It could start with basic dash and attack power buff, and expand it to all buffs based on map/difficutly, also raise buffs strenght (but still keep them UNDER level of any cleric buffs).

Its totally useless for longer time players who has own cleric, but will allow solo players to play alone, or even skip having own buffslave if no top buffs are needed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Winniethenoob said:

Disagree on this one for me, they are changing clerics and are looking into this making sure it is possible to play solo without the need for buffs.

if this is done correctly then we dont need NPC buffs

Nuff said.
If the plan works this won't be necessary. Also "Buff NPC" would make the game quite amateurish.

• Like 1

I would love a fairy that you would 'level up' trough a long quest-line and/or mob exp that gives you certain self-buffs. Weaker than cleric buffs, but enough to solo the game.
Would give an extra sense of progression for solo players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rayun said:

I think it would be nice if lower level maps and specific cities would have way to get buffs from npc somehow.

Coming to play as new without buffs and gear in rose is relatively hard, especially if you dont know much about game.

Even basic strenght buffs helps bigtime, it would still keep cleric to be one who can give really good buffs.

It would make people flow around specific areas on map and gather for buffs, also allow solo or new player groups buff up.

There could be some quest in first maps what explains about buffs and then as way to learn it gives buffs via npc/etc.

It could start with basic dash and attack power buff, and expand it to all buffs based on map/difficutly, also raise buffs strenght (but still keep them UNDER level of any cleric buffs).

Its totally useless for longer time players who has own cleric, but will allow solo players to play alone, or even skip having own buffslave if no top buffs are needed

I disagree on this one and think it would defeat the purpose of a cleric. They’ve already said they will make it easier to kill mobs/ level solo. I’m fine if they have quest obtainable boosters or pot consumable buffs but putting no effort, going to an npc and getting insane advantages would be kinda OP and not good IMO, and kinda kill the fun of getting stronger naturally from leveling, specing your character, etc which is part of the fun of the game.

this kinda just sounds like a private server idea

Edited by Avery

13 minutes ago, Avery said:

I disagree on this one and think it would defeat the purpose of a cleric. They’ve already said they will make it easier to kill mobs/ level solo. I’m fine if they have quest obtainable boosters or pot consumable buffs but putting no effort, going to an npc and getting insane advantages would be kinda OP and not good IMO. It would create a basically permanent artificial boost in power and would take away from naturally getting stronger by leveling, and progressing your character, specing into the skill, stats etc which is part of the fun of the game.

this kinda just sounds like a private server idea

• Like 1

• Flowan locked this topic