Relogging with a party.

nodashi

I noticed that when you relog you get kicked out of the party you are in. Which would suck if you leveled up your party with your friend and you end up having to relog for one reason or another and lose the party and its levels. Maybe put in a 5 minute grace period before you get kicked off from a party when your offline, to give enough time to relog and still keep your party. Also i dont know if this feature is included but a vote to kick a member is also important. I find the best party of this game is the social aspect and having the right tools is important. Thanks :D

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I don't recall if this has been suggested on here before, so if it has, please remove it.

The suggestion which came up the other day during a party I was in is anytime someone disconnects from a party and/or group for whatever reason, when they reconnect they are not in the party and/or group anymore.    I know this has always been a pain in the past as you need to find out who is the party lead now.

So, my suggestion is for this, keep everyone in the party intact for 5 minutes after they DC, if they do not return within that time, they are automatically removed from the party/grouping.

Not to say that someone did not log out, if this is the case and the party needs the additional space, whomever is the lead can still remove that character from the party/group.

• Like 8

This is done in pservers already, so I second this completely. People will stay 'connected' in party for, I think it's 2 minutes. They won't get any drops or exprience, but once they get back online they're still in there and can instantly keep playing and partying. Much more convenient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wondertje said:

This is done in pservers already, so I second this completely. People will stay 'connected' in party for, I think it's 2 minutes. They won't get any drops or exprience, but once they get back online they're still in there and can instantly keep playing and partying. Much more convenient.

Yeah, it’s 15 minutes. I couldn’t remember if they were wanting to extend it even further. 

I would personally be fine with 5 minutes. The server where I experienced it, it was meant as a safe guard from being disconnected due to internet lag, server connection issues, etc. Not meant for people who willingly went afk/offline for half an hour to have dinner. Either or is fine though, it doesn't really make a difference as long as the person can't leech on the system.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wondertje said:

I would personally be fine with 5 minutes. The server where I experienced it, it was meant as a safe guard from being disconnected due to internet lag, server connection issues, etc. Not meant for people who willingly went afk/offline for half an hour to have dinner. Either or is fine though, it doesn't really make a difference as long as the person can't leech on the system.

Surely whether the AFKer gets to leech off the system is up to the party leader, not so? I feel this needs more granularity, like a (majority pass) votekick feature if the Party Leader refuses. I dunno, the one who dc'd won't get exp or loot anyway, so we should consider cases where people won't be able to log back in within 5 - 15 minutes (as happens in countries, provinces and cantons with rolling blackouts and high-jitter/high-contention telecoms.) Added features are cool! Accommodating the disenfranchised is also compassionate. 

How do you guys feel about that?

• Confused 1

So we don't want people multi-clienting (with more than two clients) because it's 'unfair', but we're fine with a system where someone can invite people to leech on their experience, potentially opening up the flood gates for a great business of people charging for others to be carried through the game by party leeching?

Most games have server time outs for people who are afk, which minimises stress on the server, minimises griefing in instances/dungeons, and negates the ability to be completely leveled by someone else. This is a good thing.

Edited by Wondertje

34 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

So we don't want people dual clienting because it's 'unfair', but we're fine with a system where someone can invite people to leech on their experience, potentially opening up the flood gates for a great business of people charging for others to be carried through the game by party leeching?

Most games have server time outs for people who are afk, which minimises stress on the server, minimises griefing in instances/dungeons, and negates the ability to be completely leveled by someone else. This is a good thing.

We can dual client only, not more than 2.

I have shown it on my last broadcast of Alpha 3.

Yeah, I know it's 2. That was more in reference to the on-going discussion about increasing that limit, where the arguments have always been that if people can just play by themselves it's unfair 😛 I clarified my message.

Edited by Wondertje

It's true we can dual-client, just that we want to optimize the game so that dualclienting has a niche use case at best. We definitely want to maintain server health for everyone's sake, so we can't be too compassionate. if someone is part of the same party and gets exp and loot while not even ingame then that's a problem and would invite further problems. I'd oppose that just on principle. However, if someone is only nominally part of the party while being dc'd from the server (due to externalities, not the server closing the connection by force) and NOT getting exp or loot, I don't see the problem. When they log back in, maybe they 'cleared some content' but did they really profit? I don't see how the latter scenario is a viable business opportunity. Well, not until we have deep questlines and long chain quests that require certain instances to be completed at different difficulties to progress our skill trees or something (think advancing our Ascendancies in the Lord's Labyrinth from PoE.)

It's definitely, as you said earlier, about not letting people just leech off the system. Not online = no loot, no exp, no achievement. Still part of the party, though, and we love you, etc etc.

• Confused 1

Timeouts for being afk would be a problem for people who like to vend overnight but I definitely like the idea of a short "grace" period for those times when you disconnect while in a party.  A few minutes should be more than enough time but definitely no exp or drops during that time, just the ability to relog and still be in the party.

1 hour ago, HoneyBuns said:

Timeouts for being afk would be a problem for people who like to vend overnight

There's no issue in making vending a non-afk activity, that's all up to the developers of how afk is to be measured. Vendors obviously shouldn't be afk disconnected.

If it's an GA group, the leader can remove individuals.
I thought the party system also had the option to kick someone from the party. 

I don't see how leeching should even enter this conversation about Disconnection protection. Why are you guys muddying up a decent and simple proposal with this drama. 

• 4 months later...

Currently a lot of players dc while they participate in a party. No big deal if it happens once, but it does quite often. Since some reasons for dcing might not be known yet, I would like to suggest party savings. When you are were in a party, logout/dc and appear online within 5-10min (for example). You will remain as party.

• Like 1