[Edited] The game needs to be less time consuming to level up

Lulullaby

Edit:

Thank you all for the comments, I really do appreciate it.

I have learned a couple of things from all of you. Firstly, that it's only bad at certain levels of the game, not the entire way through.

Secondly, levelling for many people is an essential part of the game.

I made this post after having seen people complain about levelling being slow because most likely, just like me, they just want to get to endgame. Or maybe they were going through some levels that are just hard to get through. I see now that the EXP is most likely fine.

I will say though! Double EXP weekends are maybe still a good idea! Even if biweekly or even just once a month, I think it would help the game long term because it would mean that many people would take that opportunity to level up a new character and then new players who start playing during that, get the benefit of lower level areas being populated even as this server grows older.

This games demographic is adults, many of which have a job and many even have families. These people will not want to spend a whole month just to get a single character to max level. The game has to respect their time more.

If you play one hour a day, very unlikely you will be max level within a month. That's too much time, people don't want to spend every hour of their day on this. I say this as someone who has a lot more time than the average player. Because I don't see many adults wanting to put in every hour of their free time and it still 

My suggestion is for the developers and the community to look at a way to streamline this experience. There's many ways to go about this. Here's a few suggestions:

- Double Exp weekends/events

- Increase the Exp rate

- More exp from quests

- Exp Medals, preferably ingame obtainable but can also be IM 

These are just a few quick suggestions, I'm sure there are more and better ways to go about this so please leave your own suggestions.

It's not slow at all levels. In some places it's great and it shouldn't be adjusted, but there are definitely levels where it feels like it takes a really long time.

I urge the devs to look into how many hours it takes to go from 1 to 250 currently. And to then look at how many hours they think it should take. If it is for example (made up numbers) on average 2 hours for 10 levels currently. That would mean it takes 50 hours to get a single character from 1 to 250. That is obviously way too long.

Edited by Lulullaby
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

I think the last paragraph is the most important one. I don't know the amount of hours it takes currently, but if it takes more than 50 that's already too much in my opinion. But I imagine it's a lot more than that. As this will make it so people with a job and family need over a month to get to max level.

Edited by Lulullaby
Context
  • Haha 2

Even the childs must dont be adicted to any things dudette.

But for the fact of "free to play" wich means you need spend time to make poeple the "need" to use all content posible for a good time, you must make the game slower but very rewarding, wich is atm. 

Consider if even the game where pure "exploration" lol... and no level. You would like enjoy it be using it content for long time. And the 40% of rose is GRIDING for who want pvp or other content.

And rememb the economy if you spend less time in some map, Newbies will feel less rewarded, that means less future high content players.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I get the point. I agree with the occasional exp events but increasing the exp rate entirely is a no-no. There are hardcore players out there who literally sleep much less and grind like maniacs. Imagine them maxing within a week or two. Reaching endgame and getting bored because they have less and less things to do will most certainly happen.

• Like 1

I’d also disagree. Making XP too quick destroys the game’s ”civilisation”. Zant becomes a ghost town, etc. Being max level isn’t especially fun. The game is meant to be played at it’s own pace. Granted, for those with families you won’t progress fast, but I personally enjoy the slower pace.

9 hours ago, Lulullaby said:

Here's a few suggestions:

- Increase the Exp rate

- More exp from quests

1st: Yes, most MMO's has them.
2nd: Not needed, it's fine as it is.
3rd: Where it is nessecary the exp needs to be adjusted.
4th: Good idea. Maybe an item like the red HP/blue MP restore item. A yellow exp item which gives a few exp points. Drop rate needs to be lower than the HP/MP ones.

Sorry. As an adult who joined the game for nostalgic reasons, where's the fun in that?

Besides, the only thing that held many players in any game is to restrict them from leveling to the highest extent. Getting it all in advance like being handed by a silverspoon is a sense of entitlement we don't deserve.

Let people spend their time in whatever and however they want. 

9 minutes ago, FreYo said:

That Suggestion How To Destroy The Game. He play to Much P.Server.

I have never played pserver in my life. I'm just saying the audience has changed because people aged and people have less time than 10+ years ago.

Thank you everyone for your opinions. I'm glad not everyone feels the same way and I'm happy everyone is being respectful even when disagreeing ♥️

Edited by Lulullaby
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lulullaby said:

This games demographic is adults, many of which have a job and many even have families. These people will not want to spend a whole month just to get a single character to max level. The game has to respect their time more.

If you play one hour a day, very unlikely you will be max level within a month. That's too much time, people don't want to spend every hour of their day on this. I say this as someone who has a lot more time than the average player. Because I don't see many adults wanting to put in every hour of their free time and it still 

My suggestion is for the developers and the community to look at a way to streamline this experience. There's many ways to go about this. Here's a few suggestions:

- Increase the Exp rate

- More exp from quests

These are just a few quick suggestions, I'm sure there are more and better ways to go about this so please leave your own suggestions.

It's not slow at all levels. In some places it's great and it shouldn't be adjusted, but there are definitely levels where it feels like it takes a really long time.

I urge the devs to look into how many hours it takes to go from 1 to 250 currently. And to then look at how many hours they think it should take. If it is for example (made up numbers) on average 2 hours for 10 levels currently. That would mean it takes 50 hours to get a single character from 1 to 250. That is obviously way too long.

TL;DR, no. The game wasn't developed so that you skip 99% of the areas, zones, maps, worlds into the game. Getting into 250 is just the ultimate goal, but playing and grinding is the main part of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoseOnPlayer said:

TL;DR, no. The game wasn't developed so that you skip 99% of the areas, zones, maps, worlds into the game. Getting into 250 is just the ultimate goal, but playing and grinding is the main part of the game.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it

If you like the gameplay, then the leveling speed doesn't really matter. Getting to max level is the game for a lot of people. Post game is what matters to others, so I see the appeal of getting there faster. I'm all for time-saving stuff if it's not giving unfair advantages because those purchases help fund the game, but that's not my call. I personally don't care how long it takes to get my characters maxed out even if I can't put in that much time on any given day.

• Like 1

I'm going to assume you haven't reached Eldeon yet. Leveling 1-85 is brutal, then 80-100 (Yeti quests) is nice and fast, 100-120 is brutal again (Artillery penguins/Bears),  but when you reach Eldeon its a breeze. It took me maybe a day and a half to get from level 112 to 147. Leveling in Eldeon is a BREEZE. 

Now on MMORPG's not respecting peoples time, this is common. I don't agree that they should change anything about the EXP rates at all. I wouldn't even suggest they do 1 or 2 exp weekends in a month. Maybe extra EXP on the weekends for like level 1-50 but other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

1 hour ago, djbam said:

I'm going to assume you haven't reached Eldeon yet. Leveling 1-85 is brutal, then 80-100 (Yeti quests) is nice and fast, 100-120 is brutal again (Artillery penguins/Bears),  but when you reach Eldeon its a breeze. It took me maybe a day and a half to get from level 112 to 147. Leveling in Eldeon is a BREEZE. 

Now on MMORPG's not respecting peoples time, this is common. I don't agree that they should change anything about the EXP rates at all. I wouldn't even suggest they do 1 or 2 exp weekends in a month. Maybe extra EXP on the weekends for like level 1-50 but other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

That sounds great

I wish mods would delete my post as many people here have shown that 1. it's not that bad and 2. levelling is an essential part of the game.

• Lulullaby changed the title to [Edited] The game needs to be less time consuming to level up