Map update for Breezy Hills

Trebor

the Breezy Hills map I love, but I don't like how someone could just run though and never be able to level in it or even use it.

What is where I drew the red line it is a deep canyon with no way through that people would have to drive or walk/run around.   Could be like the grand canyon more or less?

image.png.66c30d3ea1cebb2a82b308e3f7cf2e96.png

The blue lines could be where the characters would have to run to get around

image.png.782b934b2e195e8f2942d1bf7b7f2c0c.png

Just thinking outside of the box here with ideas.   🙂

As much as I enjoy Breezy [and it is genuinely one of my top favorite 5 maps] I don't like the idea of making a change simply to force a longer route or inconvenience people. I would like people to enjoy the map more absolutely, but wasting peoples time is never the answer. Especially those who are looking to save money on scrolls by manually running. 

7 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

As much as I enjoy Breezy [and it is genuinely one of my top favorite 5 maps] I don't like the idea of making a change simply to force a longer route or inconvenience people. I would like people to enjoy the map more absolutely, but wasting peoples time is never the answer. Especially those who are looking to save money on scrolls by manually running. 

You do make sense.   To me, having the 2 different map gates so close together just seemed nuts, most other gates on maps were normally on opposite ends of the maps.

To that, just making a suggestion too  🙂

The Valley of Luxem Tower gate is actually defunct, you could swap the middle gate [the current active one] with the southern one, and that would extend the distance between gates, but that still doesn't incentivize people to go to the town, or level on the map. We do need to keep in mind, only Junon will be available at first, and there's no telling what culmination of changes will take place, and how that affects preferential maps. 

I will say, I was thinking about this, and IF Dolphin Island can be made more of an active pursuit, Making a dock with a ferryman teleporter to the Island located at Breezy's Beach, could produce some through traffic. 

As far as I know the current map is this (no entrance to Luxem)

Breezy.png.c10c42480ea617c33a941abe2feddc1e.png

If they would adjust the maps to go through Breezy Hills they would need to redo levels as well (basically swap zant with breezy hills levels). If you can level fast enough or have nice enough equipment you really don't need to use most of the maps, as we've seen with max level cleirc buffs in the past. 

2 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I don't like the idea of making a change simply to force a longer route or inconvenience people. I would like people to enjoy the map more absolutely, but wasting peoples time is never the answer. 

I agree with Vile here, but with all maps more or less. (Different planets using the ship/quest to use it)

Yeah where you highlighted is where they removed the second gate. Just do the opposite, put the gate back, then remove the gate where 3/4 are.

It's funny though cause if you look at the top of the map, you can clearly see where they intended to have 3 paths north. I would wager 1 to El Verloon, second to Anima, and third to Junon. I'm not too sure exactly why it was dropped, but I suspect it would have been TOO convenient. 

On 1/21/2022 at 1:08 PM, OwlchemistVile said:

Because the game is going to be "new" to all of us, as in were over the old, and coming in with the new, i think its a good idea.

as in, pretending youve never seen the game before, but adding this addition would be nice. plus, just like elderon, i would take the short cut through the mountain. there will always be short cuts.

• 3 weeks later...

I mean, I see alot of workarounds to try and force people to walk through breezy hills - but isn’t a better solution to incentivize going to breezy hills through activities and rewards? An example; If the mobs drop better or specific items unique to that place, people will naturally be more inclined to go there. This strikes me as relatively easy to implement; but what I’m more in favor of, is maybe placing a new dungeon here, and/or other activities for players to partake in. 

• 2 months later...

I think the leveling process on the early levels are too quick. When i start playing i skip mostly Luxem Valley AND Breezy Hills. So i would change the first job required level to be raised to level 15 instead of level 10. Yes, i know this will be a big change, but it's for the better. And then i would change job quest so they involve questing in Breezy Hills instead.

• So Dealer no longer goes back to Adventurer's Plains to fetch some materials from Seyon, but are going to Belz in Breezy Hills instead.
  • Hawker's no longer fight Choropy's for Crystal Dew, but fight Pomics for Crystal Dew instead.
  • Muse are still fighting Flanea's, but this time the Flanea's in Breezy Hills.
  • Soldier are no longer collecting Honeybee Stingers, but are now gathering Hornet Stingers instead.

3 hours ago, Zeror said:

I think the leveling process on the early levels are too quick. When i start playing i skip mostly Luxem Valley AND Breezy Hills. So i would change the first job required level to be raised to level 15 instead of level 10. Yes, i know this will be a big change, but it's for the better. And then i would change job quest so they involve questing in Breezy Hills instead.

• So Dealer no longer goes back to Adventurer's Plains to fetch some materials from Seyon, but are going to Belz in Breezy Hills instead.
  • Hawker's no longer fight Choropy's for Crystal Dew, but fight Pomics for Crystal Dew instead.
  • Muse are still fighting Flanea's, but this time the Flanea's in Breezy Hills.
  • Soldier are no longer collecting Honeybee Stingers, but are now gathering Hornet Stingers instead.

In NA (which is the version of the game that the devs bought and are working with), there is no quest for the first job.  Once you reach level 10, either by doing the questline in Adv Plains or by just leveling yourself, you enter the trainer village and talk to the NPC that represents the job class you are interested in to get your first job.

Second job quest is done at lvl 100 and the level cap is 250, as it was in NA.

11 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

In NA (which is the version of the game that the devs bought and are working with), there is no quest for the first job.  Once you reach level 10, either by doing the questline in Adv Plains or by just leveling yourself, you enter the trainer village and talk to the NPC that represents the job class you are interested in to get your first job.

I didn't know that. I played naRose in very early beginning after iRose. But I kinda liked doing those quests actually.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, HoneyBuns said:

Thanks for the information, me who always loved the first job quest... will be missed if its not added back to the game! 
Regarding the 2nd job quest at level 100, which monster do you kill in the NA version? last time I played you killed crafty king at lvl 70 to get 2nd job quest ^^ 

9 hours ago, erko said:

Thanks for the information, me who always loved the first job quest... will be missed if its not added back to the game! 
Regarding the 2nd job quest at level 100, which monster do you kill in the NA version? last time I played you killed crafty king at lvl 70 to get 2nd job quest ^^ 

There are special versions of the monsters you need to kill for the second job quest.  They all have "supreme" in their names- Supreme Krawfy King  for example.  They have purple names but when you have a second job quest on your character, they are easier to kill.  The special name also distinguishes them from the normal versions, which was nice in NA since all kings were heavily farmed because of the medallions they could drop.  Quest drops also share in a party so you can work on the second job quest with your friends.  It's actually a pretty good system.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

You guys never leveled a dealer right?
I had to go to Breezy Hills to farm Dalping's eggs so many times for the 1st job quest 🙃

One thing modern MMOs have are bigger maps...
Probably making Junon planet maps a little bigger, with more quests and other details to make things more interesting from start.