inventory increase space

Majestic

Suggestion about inventory guys as i saw in stream drezy was so packed and full in inventory that he needed to drop so items just to make a reset... maybe you should consider increasing inventory room by 1-2 more rows
cuz as it for now its really low space consider of what you always pick up and sell to NPC
so at least a making it a bit bigger only by 2 more rows tops

• Like 1

I would overhaul the inventory system completely and combine the three tabs (equipment, consumables and etc) into one big tab, which can be expanded by adding bag capacity through items (like a backpack that adds a tab (or just bagslots) for more inventory space or something).

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Suggestion about inventory guys as i saw in stream drezy was so packed and full in inventory that he needed to drop so items just to make a reset... maybe you should consider increasing inventory room by 1-2 more rows
cuz as it for now its really low space consider of what you always pick up and sell to NPC
so at least a making it a bit bigger only by 2 more rows tops

You'd hurt artis and bourgs by doing this.  I don't know why you want to mess with the original game setup so much.  This is crazy-talk.  I always dual-main both dealer classes and if this change is made myself and every other dealer class player will take the hit.  I find it a little funny that this is a suggestion by you specifically because of all your ranting about the cleric missing buffs situation.

Go play the game, farm and fill up the inventory space you have.  Return to town and sell to dealer shops and NPC the rest.  That's the way the game was meant to be played all these years ago.

Nah, I'm playing lol.  If this is a change they make then they make it.  We'll have to play and see what it does to the classes and economy before hopping in the forums and attempting to destroy the dev team and 'agree to disagree' with those that oppose.

But with most running higher resolution monitors these days we definitely have the screen real-estate for additional rows.  Perhaps it can just be scroll-able?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SteveOmaha said:

You'd hurt artis and bourgs by doing this.  I don't know why you want to mess with the original game setup so much.  This is crazy-talk.  I always dual-main both dealer classes and if this change is made myself and every other dealer class player will take the hit.  I find it a little funny that this is a suggestion by you specifically because of all your ranting about the cleric missing buffs situation.

Go play the game, farm and fill up the inventory space you have.  Return to town and sell to dealer shops and NPC the rest.  That's the way the game was meant to be played all these years ago.

Nah, I'm playing lol.  If this is a change they make then they make it.  We'll have to play and see what it does to the classes and economy before hopping in the forums and attempting to destroy the dev team and 'agree to disagree' with those that oppose.

But with most running higher resolution monitors these days we definitely have the screen real-estate for additional rows.  Perhaps it can just be scroll-able?

I’ll admit, you had me going there for a bit 🤣

The only problem with changing the UI, in this case the inventory window, is that the whole UI is static and fixed (it's just transparant images stitched together basicly - i know this bc i have done some UI modding in the past). The whole UI system needs an overhaul first to make the UI more modern and flexible. After that an overhaul to the inventory system can be made.

I think it could be interesting to have a single inventory window instead of the multiple tabs. Don't forget there's a cart tab as well. We're open to a change like this and it wouldn't be too big of a challenge. However, we'd want to hear from the community in general how they'd feel about a unified inventory. I'd also be curious to know the downsides of such a system, I can't think of too many off the top of my head.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, lazypenguin said:

I think it could be interesting to have a single inventory window instead of the multiple tabs. Don't forget there's a cart tab as well. We're open to a change like this and it wouldn't be too big of a challenge. However, we'd want to hear from the community in general how they'd feel about a unified inventory. I'd also be curious to know the downsides of such a system, I can't think of too many off the top of my head.

i dont understand why dealer and artisan will suffer from 1-2 rows more in inventory
i think its necessary somehow cuz room is filling fast so that could be simple solution

2 hours ago, lazypenguin said:

Honestly I don't see any cons about this. A unified inventory means more space across categories. No longer one tab full, but other tabs lots of space. You give players more responsibility for managing their own inventory. You can farm longer, because the boundary between the tabs is gone.

2 hours ago, lazypenguin said:

The only downside I can think of is inflation. The inventory restrictions slowdown the speed of trading and gathering items. That said I think it would be nice to have some kind of item to upgrade the inventory space, make it an investent for the adventurers (ex. backpag of 1 or 2 extra rows)

3 hours ago, JaleaRoyal said:

The only downside I can think of is inflation. The inventory restrictions slowdown the speed of trading and gathering items. That said I think it would be nice to have some kind of item to upgrade the inventory space, make it an investent for the adventurers (ex. backpag of 1 or 2 extra rows)

That's really all I can come up with as well but its just something that I think would adjust pretty evenly.

I would still prefer that carry weight still factor in as that's a general game mechanic that plays a role.  We all still need others to make that run into town to sell their loot.  I don't want to have to wait too much longer for people to decide to come sell me their mats so that I can then begin to start a crafting session...unless offline vending or some way for us to go hunt/farm and still be vending at the same time is to be considered.

13 hours ago, SteveOmaha said:

I would still prefer that carry weight still factor in as that's a general game mechanic that plays a role.  We all still need others to make that run into town to sell their loot.  I don't want to have to wait too much longer for people to decide to come sell me their mats so that I can then begin to start a crafting session...unless offline vending or some way for us to go hunt/farm and still be vending at the same time is to be considered.

Upgradable bag space can solve that issue also, at least for the lower levels. Weight is not longer needed.

To make a calculation. You have 5 tabs in total (equipment, consumables, materials, costume and PAT). Each tab has 30 inventory slots. Together you have a total of 150 slots if unified. That a lot of inventory space, really a lot!!!
But before you cheer, the amount of slots can be broken down. Let's say each tab is a bag with item slots. When you start the game at lvl 1 you could start with 1 bag with 30 slots. For a starter this amount is totally fine as you wont have much items on low level. When achieve your first job you could get the second bag. Now you have 60 slots, still a good amount. Somewhere along around lvl 50 or together with completing the cart quest you unlock bag 3. With second job you get bag 4. And bag 5 can be unlockable with a achievement or finding a rare thing or doing a hard thing on high level.

Note: Yes, I know different bags would keep the tabs, but can be integrated easier within the current layout i guess.

Edited by Zeror

1 hour ago, Zeror said:

Upgradable bag space can solve that issue also, at least for the lower levels. Weight is not longer needed.

To make a calculation. You have 5 tabs in total (equipment, consumables, materials, costume and PAT). Each tab has 30 inventory slots. Together you have a total of 150 slots if unified. That a lot of inventory space, really a lot!!!
But before you cheer, the amount of slots can be broken down. Let's say each tab is a bag with item slots. When you start the game at lvl 1 you could start with 1 bag with 30 slots. For a starter this amount is totally fine as you wont have much items on low level. When achieve your first job you could get the second bag. Now you have 60 slots, still a good amount. Somewhere along around lvl 50 or together with completing the cart quest you unlock bag 3. With second job you get bag 4. And bag 5 can be unlockable with a achievement or finding a rare thing or doing a hard thing on high level.

Note: Yes, I know different bags would keep the tabs, but can be integrated easier within the current layout i guess.

look what u made it bro
i only suggested to increase the inventory bag and i meant the Equiptment bag not everything else
only the equipment bag to increase it by 2 rows cuz its filled up really quick from the things you pick up early on in game

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

look what u made it bro
i only suggested to increase the inventory bag and i meant the Equiptment bag not everything else
only the equipment bag to increase it by 2 rows cuz its filled up really quick from the things you pick up early on in game

I know what you asked. But i like to think outside the box and think of future-proof solutions. Unifying the tabs gives that more bagspace you want by using the space you already have. Sometimes one or tabs are full, but one has always space available. It would be nice i can use that space for something else. Unifying and dropping the boundaries between the tabs do exactly that without adding more inventory slots. My last post was about implementation of this idea.

And we are talking about expanding the inventory space, but you can extend this idea even further. Like expanding your storage in a same kind of way. Or expanding your vendor stall so you can sell more. Enough possibilities to think of.

Would you still choose infinite ammo if crafting ammo was relatively easy from common loot? Infinite ammo seems boring to me, sorry, but right now guns and launchers aren't quite competitive with spears, swords and katars. Maybe if we had guaranteed microstun on hit and more interesting mechanics that'd change. I don't see how making ammo infinite without reload process makes anything more fun.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Bobbity said:

Would you still choose infinite ammo if crafting ammo was relatively easy from common loot? Infinite ammo seems boring to me, sorry, but right now guns and launchers aren't quite competitive with spears, swords and katars. Maybe if we had guaranteed microstun on hit and more interesting mechanics that'd change. I don't see how making ammo infinite without reload process makes anything more fun.

Maybe by default launchers, guns, crossbows and bows have infinite ammo (with empty ammo slot), but you can craft specialized ammo which isn't infinite. Like ammo with fire burst or explosion on hit, or freeze a target to slow movement down or something. This way you can always continue, but specialized ammo is preferable for more damage or support.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Currently ammo is specialized with elemental advantages. Those elemental advantages extend to spells with neutral alignment, so the elemental ammo is already a major game changer.

Quite right, but that boils down to mostly +dps. Strong but not interesting. I don't want each class to have the powers of every other, but I'd like something a bit more interesting going on than that. It'd help justify the indecent thrill I get crafting boxes of ammo. (Now if only I could craft ammo straight from regular junk loot... )

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, lazypenguin said:

The smaller inventory worked in the original because the droptable wasn't as big as it is now.

I really like the new drop table, but if I farm an area for a good amount of time, I'll get more ETC loot than my inventory can take. And while playing as Arti/Bourg/Scout you have to fit ammunition too.

Since we have weight (which should stay IMO) and backpacks, wearing a bagpack should give you a few extra rows (or even another tab, but this could be too much and mess up the balance). Or make bagpack tiers. Tier 1 gives 1 row, Tier 2 gives 2, etc.

3 minutes ago, xSean said:

The smaller inventory worked in the original because the droptable wasn't as big as it is now.

I really like the new drop table, but if I farm an area for a good amount of time, I'll get more ETC loot than my inventory can take. And while playing as Arti/Bourg/Scout you have to fit ammunition too.

Since we have weight (which should stay IMO) and backpacks, wearing a bagpack should give you a few extra rows (or even another tab, but this could be too much and mess up the balance). Or make bagpack tiers. Tier 1 gives 1 row, Tier 2 gives 2, etc.

Use ammo crates instead of having a bunch of stacks of ammo. Each crate is 100 arrows and you can stack 999 crates in 1 slot.

• Like 1