Revert the Buff Changes Yes/No

Majestic

Revert the Buff Changes Yes/No  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should the devs Revert the Buff Change?

• Yes Cleric should be the only Buffer
    • No this is a good change

Should the devs Revert the Buff Change?
i think yes... this is the whole purpose of been cleric and the essence of it
he was born and created to heal buff support

Quote of @Critpeak
"If you remove that from the game - there will be a significant portion of players who either won't be able to enjoy that part of the game, or won't be able to contribute for that part of the game. If this is going to be a long term project, changing parts of the game which have been like this for almost 20 years is not the solution - everyone who knows and have played this game at some point is used to classes as they are. If you want to add something new - either add a completely new job/classes or add 3rd job which each class will be able to choose for themselves. Another thing which will keep hardcore rose players is possibility to finally see what rose was meant to be, what the name stands for - rush on seven episodes. Slowly expanding rose world to all of it's planets, remodeling and expanding useless old features like castle gears per say. Enabling factions to have greater impact. There are plenty of paths which the game have left unexplored and untouched. Dividing the perks which single class has amongst the rest - will simply kill that class as a choose-to-play."

Edited by Majestic

Although I’m down to try the changes I think this one of the things that makes rose gameplay unique I love how important some roles are such as knight, cleric and long distance characters everyone has a role to play is not fair to just removed a class whole gimmick also your killing the nostalgia which is what’s carrying this fanbase. There’s different ways to make the game solo player accessible without taking cleric buffs.like focusing on making better quest, also a way they could tackle this is by making party quest which are like theme dg you do with a party it could be by joining a quick search, or making your own party with friends.removing clerics buff would affect other parts of the games like dungeons and pvp games buffs make the game play faster less time consuming and more enjoyable, another way they can tackle this is by placing fairy’s all through the planets I thinks is would be convenient and it would still give players a chance to not level a cleric if they don’t want to.

• Like 1

Honestly pretty tired seeing this everywhere, but I think it's fair yall give the new changes a shot before burning it to the ground without even trying it. Back in the day, yes cleric were primarily used for buffs, but you've seen with your own eyes where ROSE ended. These new changes are here for a reason and honestly, the new distributed buffs idea is a very thoughtout idea and I'm excited to try it. You can still get your nostalgia shot one way or the other with ROSE coming back. If that's not enough I advice you to search for your old HDD and look at your old pictures for nostalgia. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lapar said:

Honestly pretty tired seeing this everywhere, but I think it's fair yall give the new changes a shot before burning it to the ground without even trying it. Back in the day, yes cleric were primarily used for buffs, but you've seen with your own eyes where ROSE ended. These new changes are here for a reason and honestly, the new distributed buffs idea is a very thoughtout idea and I'm excited to try it. You can still get your nostalgia shot one way or the other with ROSE coming back. If that's not enough I advice you to search for your old HDD and look at your old pictures for nostalgia. 

good luck trying to farm with that divided buffs my friend..... add to that ur alloed only 2 clients per pc
so how a farmer can farm when there is another farmer around him lookig for the same mats item whatsoever and he cant buff himself fully like before with one class
how you can fight with half of buffs, only decent buffs are in hawker class
and now needs to beg and search one just for movement speed or attack speed
bro its nonsense to divide buffs instead of collecting them into one class like always
thats my OP there is other ways to deal with the issue without destroying cleric

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

good luck trying to farm with that divided buffs my friend..... add to that ur alloed only 2 clients per pc
so how a farmer can farm when there is another farmer around him lookig for the same mats item whatsoever and he cant buff himself fully like before with one class
how you can fight with half of buffs, only decent buffs are in hawker class
and now needs to beg and search one just for movement speed or attack speed
bro its nonsense to divide buffs instead of collecting them into one class like always
thats my OP there is other ways to deal with the issue without destroying cleric

How does that make any sense, how it was (multiple++ clients, buff cleric) you couldn't farm regardless because literally 1 person was dominating a certain spot. While putting the littlest effort in. If your buff cleric wasn't as good as the one dominating that spot you were out of luck. Because hey all you needed was to bulkclient bourgs and idle your cleric and nothing could be done about that. Now with the changes, at least people have a relatively better chance to compete at farm spots. 

10 minutes ago, Lapar said:

How does that make any sense, how it was (multiple++ clients, buff cleric) you couldn't farm regardless because literally 1 person was dominating a certain spot. While putting the littlest effort in. If your buff cleric wasn't as good as the one dominating that spot you were out of luck. Because hey all you needed was to bulkclient bourgs and idle your cleric and nothing could be done about that. Now with the changes, at least people have a relatively better chance to compete at farm spots. 

and who will buff that farmer that will try to farm?
he buff himself with what ? with 3/4 buffs? or even less
its not efficient
i know what you say but now only 2 client is allowed so the thing u say that they use 4-5 client with bourg and cleric wont happen cuz its not allowed
but cleric can still maintain his buffs without hurting his JOB to buff and heal

I'm gonna refrain from commenting any further on this topic because it leads to nowhere. I'd rather see the results and changes in person and would advice you to do the same - then to reject a change that hasn't had it's full chance to shine yet. On launch day we can see if the changes were for the better or not, and if not we can always go back to the drawing boards and make suggestions. In all honesty it's sad to see every social media be plagued by a discussion that divides the community, I think it's too early to have bad apples dominating the community especially if ROSE somehow attracts new players. Remember the changes the team make are not to deliberately kill one class off and to favor another, but to work on the longevity of the game if we want to be able to be playing this game years from now. But - time will only tell if we at least give changes a chance. I think, instead, we should cheer the ROSE team on with the little time they have left for early access then to turn every conversation into a cleric thing.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ShockRifted said:

Why can't this version of ROSE be special?  Change the Cleric class, change the Dealer class while we're at it.  This game needs a major revamp and I'm very excited for the changes.  Whats the downside of not needing a buff slave?

this game was lack content on the end game sir not needed class revamp
everyone was had a role to play
champ knight
dealer artian bourg
each class was unique on its own and it had the beauty of it
u dont have to play buffer if u dont wanted to
and i liked every way of cleric buffer
gravity and warpportal didn't care less for the game content
this was the major flaw NOT THE CLASSES
watch other comments on this change stop this madness

"It was awesome being able to stack up your friends to help with leveling progression. But without their buffing tools they become a heal bot. /:

I understand the switch to making them more active party members, but that changes their function into basically a second mage which I think is redundant  Its kind of deterring me from playing the game when it releases again."

"Ive read a few points on this, and id be sad to see the clerics identity completely changed, making the cleric basically mage 2.0."

"And now it's return have been announced, only for me to be disappointed by such an extreme change in classes, which doesn't feel like rose anymore.

Cleric is a support class, and should remain as such."

more and more comments like that from people that actually know something and loved the cleric!!
cleric is not a mage and this change going to kill his identity

"If you remove that from the game - there will be a significant portion of players who either won't be able to enjoy that part of the game, or won't be able to contribute for that part of the game.

If this is going to be a long term project, changing parts of the game which have been like this for almost 20 years is not the solution - everyone who knows and have played this game at some point is used to classes as they are.

If you want to add something new - either add a completely new job/classes or add 3rd job which each class will be able to choose for themselves.

Another thing which will keep hardcore rose players is possibility to finally see what rose was meant to be, what the name stands for - rush on seven episodes. Slowly expanding rose world to all of it's planets, remodeling and expanding useless old features like castle gears per say. Enabling factions to have greater impact.

There are plenty of paths which the game have left unexplored and untouched. 

Dividing the perks which single class has amongst the rest - will simply kill that class as a choose-to-play."

how can you find sense in that change? you want to attack choose the mage u want to support choose the cleric
now there is NO CHOICE nor freedom to enjoy

Edited by Majestic
  • Like 3

@Majestic When you quote me, at least you should say that you've quoted me, considering how many times you did that.

As for the cleric - I personally won't bother to download unless cleric is an actual cleric, what it used to be. Definitely won't bother chasing people around for party or "slaving" 8 characters and playing 8 clients  so I could just play rose.

• Like 2

Just now, Critpeak said:

@Majestic When you quote me, at least you should say that you've quoted me, considering how many times you did that.

As for the cleric - I personally won't bother to download unless cleric is an actual cleric, what it used to be. Definitely won't bother chasing people around for party or "slaving" 8 characters and playing 8 clients  so I could just play rose.

you are right sorry for that friend
i just wanted to collect all legit common sense people with brain that understand the disaster its going to be
so my apologies sir

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Majestic said:

i just wanted to collect all legit common sense people with brain that understand the disaster its going to be

So you imply everyone that support your side are 'legit common sense people with brain', and the rest don't? @HoneyBuns This guy is quite disrespectful still.

Edited by TheShredr

3 minutes ago, TheShredr said:

So you imply everyone support your side are 'legit common sense people with brain', and the rest don't? @HoneyBuns This guy is quite disrespectful still.

you put sad emoji on my comment and call me disrespect ?
when someone doesn't follow your op you turn him into something weird and like i need to live with it
when this game was a big part of my life for long long years and i like it and i give honest comments and i do have lots of experience to know its going to be a mess here
and when you dont agree you turn me into a troll or some baby.... i dont agree with you bro and thats my truly honest op and i will not accept it

Edited by Majestic

I agree 100% with what Amino said! First we need to try it out. We don't know if it will be that 'bad' until we try it out. Plus, i also think that when a game never ever changes its mechanics, and never tries something new, it will always lead to a dead road for the game.. I can't wait to see the new changes live in-game and see what Rose will become 😄 It's a bright future!

4 minutes ago, Loerslang said:

I agree 100% with what Amino said! First we need to try it out. We don't know if it will be that 'bad' until we try it out. Plus, i also think that when a game never ever changes its mechanics, and never tries something new, it will always lead to a dead road for the game.. I can't wait to see the new changes live in-game and see what Rose will become 😄 It's a bright future!

sure and you welcome to try and experice this for yourself sir
i played long long years since 2003-2005 till end of NA to know enough that i will not like it
cleric was my main char and i loved everything in it
and no need to destroy one class for the sake of players that dont like "buff slave"
by that you forcing 5 classes to be buff slaves what do you think will happen ?
players will create double of every char or keep doing reskill and max charm making more buff slaves of each class such a wonder right?
super unfair for players like me

Edited by Majestic

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

when someone doesn't follow your op you turn him into something weird and like i need to live with it
when this game was part of my life for long long years and i like it and i give honest comments and i do have lots of experience to know its going to be a mess here
and when you dont agree you turn me into a troll or some baby....

It feels like you are ranting sir, I never stated you are a troll or some baby. Neither do I turn people who disagree with me into something weird. I don't really know where you get all those things from sir!?

you put sad emoji on my comment and call me disrespect ?

The Sad emoji is something Rednim themselves provide on the forum to show you don't agree with someone, so not really disrespectful.

i dont agree with you bro and thats my truly honest op and i will not accept it

That's fine and if the majority agree with you and after people tried the changes come to the conclusion this was a bad choice and the solution would be to revert the changes, I'm fine with that. (do far the vote doesn't look like to agree with you)

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

sure and you welcome to try and experice this for yourself sir
i played long long years since 2003-2005 till end of NA to know enough that i will not like it
cleric was my main char and i loved everything in it
and no need to destroy one class for the sake of players that dont like "buff slave"
by that you forcing 5 classes to be buff slaves what do you think will happen ?
players will create double of every char or keep doing reskill and max charm making more buff slaves of each class such a wonder right?
super unfair for players like me

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion! 
I myself have also played Rose many many years! 
The problem is that games change. That is something you can't turn around. In every game that was or will be released, there will be changes made that people don't like. There is no possible way to please everyone in a game. It is up to you to decide if you want to accept and try out the new changes and see where it goes, or you don't play the game at all because of 1 change. That is your free choice, but i think that continuing about this topic on this forum will also lead nowhere. The change is made. We can't all have everything we want. Better to go in the game with an open mind and just try it out! 😄 The change might even amaze you!

5 minutes ago, TheShredr said:

It feels like you are ranting sir, I never stated you are a troll or some baby. Neither do I turn people who disagree with me into something weird. I don't really know where you get all those things from sir!?

The Sad emoji is something Rednim themselves provide on the forum to show you don't agree with someone, so not really disrespectful.

That's fine and if the majority agree with you and after people tried the changes come to the conclusion this was a bad choice and the solution would be to revert the changes, I'm fine with that. (do far the vote doesn't look like to agree with you)

if you played like me for over 10 years the one class you really liked and get that change to your face you probably rant too
or it will interpreted as a rant and thats why im saying that i guess the majority dont see the mess it will cause
and the few that voted yes can actually see how bad its going to get and doesn't need "a try" to prove themselves corrected sir

4 minutes ago, Loerslang said:

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion! 
I myself have also played Rose many many years! 
The problem is that games change. That is something you can't turn around. In every game that was or will be released, there will be changes made that people don't like. There is no possible way to please everyone in a game. It is up to you to decide if you want to accept and try out the new changes and see where it goes, or you don't play the game at all because of 1 change. That is your free choice, but i think that continuing about this topic on this forum will also lead nowhere. The change is made. We can't all have everything we want. Better to go in the game with an open mind and just try it out! 😄 The change might even amaze you!

i wish it was just one change
but that change as you see affected all classes now so they are mid buffers making them buff slaves whats the point in that sir?
so all the other commetns are nonsense and the majority with open mind are just and right?
and we are the cry babies?
we know what we love we know how nostalgia is important
and you dont need to hurt one class to please those people and hurt other people
there was lots of suggestion for cleric how to make it good without removing buffs from him

Edited by Majestic