[Guide] Making a Custom Clan Mark

HoneyBuns

Once you have made your clan (see this topic for info on the clan system) , you might want to add a unique clan mark.  You can choose any image but please remember that nothing inappropriate or NSFW can be used.

When you find the image you want, open it in a digital photo editing program then adjust it as needed using tools within that editing program.  Resize the image to 20x20  then save it as imagename.PNG.  Now open the image in Pixelformer or a similar program.  

Select File -> Export. This opens the export window.  Leave the image name as it is. Use the pull down menu and select Windows bitmap (*.bmp) and save it.  When saving a BMP image Pixelformer requires that you select some options prior to saving.  Choose 16bpp and rename the image as "mark.bmp" and save.

Place the new image in your ROSE Online directory.  Log into the game and open the Clan Window.  Click on "view" to see the new icon and then "submit"

Try relogging if you don't see the new clan mark in the game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To recap:
-The image must be 20x20 pixels
-Format must be: *.bmp (bitmap)
-Bitrate: 16 bit or 32 bit
-Place image in the folder your ROSEOnline.exe is located.

Only the Clan Master or Deputy Master can change the clan icon.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Mister Lahey said:

I'm having some trouble getting this to work. I placed the file named mark.bmp in my Rose Online directory and loaded up the game. But when I look in the clan tab all I see is my current non-custom clan logo, and when I press view it just disappears. 🤨

We had to completely close the client and relog for ours to appear.

2 hours ago, Amino said:

So what was it? I'm having the same problem at the moment 🙃

First i forgot to change the size of the icon in pixelformer before I saved it which I think caused this problem. But then when I figured that out I for some reason didn't get the prompt so change to 16 bpp, so the file was 8 bpp when it should be 16. But when I tried again today making the picture named mark.bmp it somehow worked. 🤔

not sure if this will be of any help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amino said:

So what was it? I'm having the same problem at the moment 🙃

Me too. I even use our old clan mark from old ROSE installation so I think it is same properties already but the image is blank on Clan tab and was successfully change but it was transparent or blank in game.

Edit... I have make a way and forces it to work hahahaha

Edited by HLAJR
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mister Lahey said:

First i forgot to change the size of the icon in pixelformer before I saved it which I think caused this problem. But then when I figured that out I for some reason didn't get the prompt so change to 16 bpp, so the file was 8 bpp when it should be 16. But when I tried again today making the picture named mark.bmp it somehow worked. 🤔

not sure if this will be of any help.

I started from the beginning and this time i could choose 2 different 16bpp options. I went with the first one and it worked! Thanks for the response.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:32 PM, JavIT said:

how to put a transparent logo?

Make the base picture png and erase the part you don’t want, then Import to pixelformer and then export as bmp file name as one of the first two options and test it

Edited by Zurn
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2022 at 8:33 PM, Zurn said:

Make the base picture png and erase the part you don’t want, then Import to pixelformer and then export as bmp file name as one of the first two options and test it

Zurn, I follow these steps and my logo remains to have a background. Any tips?

Resolved. It put up a fight, but I won.

Edited by DRAGŴN
Resolved.

• HoneyBuns locked and unpinned this topic