Dismantling honor/ valor gear getting 50% of the points back

averybee1022

Honestly I think it would be super dope to be able to dismantle honor/ valor gear and get 50% of the points back. It Would incentivize a progression in a way of getting higher and higher gear and really make you feel your char getting stronger and not having to throw away items lmk what you think about this. And it would just be a really cool system even after leveling a incentivizing people to try more builds and items they normally couldn’t afford in these valor/ honor gear, thus also encouraging build diversity and trying new things which is always a good thing and encourages activity.

I’ve thought of this idea before, but it was brought up again so I thought I’d put it in a post so this post was inspired by Ashura in discord. 
Thanks let me know what you think:) 

Edited by averybee1022
  • Like 2

Yeah, I’m all for it. 

With how annoying it is to gather valor points I’ve never attempted to purchase gear of a lower level. I went straight for the top/max level gear because in my eyes anything else would just be wasted points. This, at least, would get me to purchase lower level valor gear without fear of losing all the points. Kinda like a modern trade in program. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zeror said:

Yes, or have an upgrade system where your current gearpiece can be upgraded with a reduced cost of valor/honor appropiate to the gearpiece. New is full price, upgrade is reducted price.

Yeah this would be amazing, and being able to dismanteling the end-game sets to switch out would be such a QoL improvement. 

This way we can keep honor/valor gear account locked and it still being versatile for gameplay. And I don't think this is as hard to develop as other suggestions. 

• 3 weeks later...