Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Some games I have played in the past have offered a prestige system that rewards the player. A prestige system prolongs a character and therefore lets people enjoy their character longer. I believe that a prestige system could work in Rose Online. A prestige system that gives you extra stats to spend, changes the colour of your name to the colour of the rank and gives you a title would be pretty nice. The user could visit an NPC that offers the prestige at level 70, for example, and then it'll reduce the level by X amount. Now, this could be completely up to the user if they want to prestige, as the user should be allowed to ignore the prestige system and max out if they'd like.

Edited by DRAGŴN
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

Is this just another name for reborn?

I think the differenec is that reborn was only available at max level, as a way to just "restart". Their suggestion seems to entail prestigeing at any point we want after level x, to reset to 0 and gain some bonuses. Honestly sounds more akin to how idles and clicker games do it.

----

In either iteration I'm hesitant. I've never, personally, seen how reborn or prestige fits with the universe that is ROSE. It makes very little sense, and when reborn was first introduced on the server I was then playing on, it was merely a way to keep people busy when actual content hadn't been developed yet. It feels a bit out of place, and like focus should be elsewhere.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are 4 first jobs with each 2 second jobs. That means there is a total of 12 different ways you can experience ROSE in a new way. I don't think i have ever seen anyone start over 12 times in my time of playing ROSE.. Therefor i also can't really see the benefit of a Prestige system or Reborn system.. Can't imagine how this would fit in this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm personally against a prestige system where you start over again from level 1 (like the reborn-system that is used in that one private server). The reason is that it's a cheap and boring way to extend gameplay. I think there are better ways to achieve to improve end-game gameplay. Like having a harder versions of the dungeon maps when you reach max level. For example a level 250 hardmode version of Forgotten Temple with same gear drops as before, but recolored and upgraded for level 250 characters. Or there could be done a lot more with Clan Fields and Union War.

-----

Btw, here is an interesting article to read about this subject:
https://massivelyop.com/2016/09/15/massively-overthinking-prestige-systems-in-mmorpgs/

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know what is it but the ideea is great but unifortuly i'am not up for it. Why? is simple in my perpective is repetative that you lvl again and again to gain some power over people that don't like that system.

 

Sorry but not this time. let's keep it as NA as it was!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wondertje said:

I think the differenec is that reborn was only available at max level, as a way to just "restart". Their suggestion seems to entail prestigeing at any point we want after level x, to reset to 0 and gain some bonuses. Honestly sounds more akin to how idles and clicker games do it.

----

In either iteration I'm hesitant. I've never, personally, seen how reborn or prestige fits with the universe that is ROSE. It makes very little sense, and when reborn was first introduced on the server I was then playing on, it was merely a way to keep people busy when actual content hadn't been developed yet. It feels a bit out of place, and like focus should be elsewhere.

Thank you for that explanation! 

The only thing I’ll disagree with in this post is the idea of those who have prestiged would be granted additional stat points. 

If you truly want this to be optional for everyone, then the award of stat points cannot be present. 

Another thing to consider is what determines a prestige level? You mention being capable of prestiging at level 70. If I prestige as 70, does that make me prestige level 1? How about if I prestige at level 80? Is that prestige level 1.2? How about 140? Prestige level 2? 

If the entire purpose of prestiging is for cosmetic reasons, then sure. Zeror posted that it’s a cheap idea, but there are people (like myself) that do enjoy leveling from 1-100 more so than 100 and above. I’d even consider it to drop my level so that I can party with a friend/family member who started at a later point in the game instead of creating an entirely new character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 8/16/2022 at 8:21 PM, DRAGŴN said:

A prestige system prolongs a character and therefore lets people enjoy their character longer. 

> implies characters are consumable. I don't gear up my speardancer with the assumption her spear will be 'used up' next week.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:21 PM, DRAGŴN said:

 I believe that a prestige system could work in Rose Online. A prestige system that gives you extra stats to spend, changes the colour of your name to the colour of the rank and gives you a title would be pretty nice. 

 Hm. Combat stats, you say? @DRAGŴN  you know what else gives combat stats? Gems. Runes (whenever that's brought back into play). Refining. Reinforcing, endowing, hardening, darkening, enchanting.  

 

This prestige thing sounds like it needs a lot of work before it could be implemented as a whole. Parts could work, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...