VOIP/Proximity Chat

TriggerHappy

Have no idea how difficult it would be to implement but I reckon it would be quite a fun thing to have in Rose. To further grow communities etc, having the option to voice chat within a set proximity and voice chat in parties over any distance. Include option to turn off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TriggerHappy said:

Have no idea how difficult it would be to implement but I reckon it would be quite a fun thing to have in Rose. To further grow communities etc, having the option to voice chat within a set proximity and voice chat in parties over any distance. Include option to turn off.

Now this is a pretty cool idea! Awesome suggestion! 

I’d also hope they would add an option to block a specific individual in case they’re spamming or doing something intentionally annoying. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, Avatar said:

I’d also hope they would add an option to block a specific individual in case they’re spamming or doing something intentionally annoying. 

That's what I was thinking. Being able to mute/report for racism/profanity and then that popping up on a GMs screen etc

On 8/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, Avatar said:

Also having the option to turn off proximity chat so u can just voice chat in parties or clans.

I think one of the biggest issue (but far from the only one) with ingame voice chat is the difficulty moderating it. We would have to record all of the audio to verify reports.

In theory it is a great idea, but there are so many issues with it in practice, that it is probably not worth spending time on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rebus said:

We would have to record all of the audio to verify reports

You would find it almost impossible then to provide the game in Europe, because it would be a lot of effort to comply with GDPR regarding those voice recordings.

1 hour ago, Wondertje said:

You would find it almost impossible then to provide the game in Europe, because it would be a lot of effort to comply with GDPR regarding those voice recordings.

Which is why there are many issues with VoIP implementation unfortunately. Without recordings, if you report a player using offensive language (racism, sexisim, homophobia, etc.) there is no way of knowing if they were actually doing it or not. If you just assume they did do it, then you get the problem of people being reported for no reason at all, which is another problem.

In my opinion, it would be one more thing to moderate for Rednim and would just give them a lot more work than they already have. Discord is already a valid alternative and kind of a standard when it comes to gaming and voice communication.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:18 AM, Vexoi said:

Which is why there are many issues with VoIP implementation unfortunately. Without recordings, if you report a player using offensive language (racism, sexisim, homophobia, etc.) there is no way of knowing if they were actually doing it or not. If you just assume they did do it, then you get the problem of people being reported for no reason at all, which is another problem.

In my opinion, it would be one more thing to moderate for Rednim and would just give them a lot more work than they already have. Discord is already a valid alternative and kind of a standard when it comes to gaming and voice communication.

Its kind of difficult to moderate Voice chat in any game/program. So saying its difficult to moderate doesnt make sense as far as why implementation would not work.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:38 AM, Rebus said:

I think one of the biggest issue (but far from the only one) with ingame voice chat is the difficulty moderating it. We would have to record all of the audio to verify reports.

In theory it is a great idea, but there are so many issues with it in practice, that it is probably not worth spending time on.

Maybe proximity chat would be a bad idea, but voice chat in parties/groups I still think would bode well to strengthen communities. Not everyone wants to download discord etc.