A question arose not long ago on how to get high level players back into beginner fields, such as max levels hardly ever go visit desolated areas because there is no reason to do so. What advantage do they gain to be in these areas?

I am curious what members, and maybe a staff member may think on the idea. 

An NPC is located in each city, or in secret locations (not known to us yet, up to the developers) Each npc will have a special task for you to complete, on the task you may need to hunt a certain amount of materials (like... 200 of this item,) or kill a certain amount of monsters to complete the slayer task. The reward can be in points. points can contribute to special items like a inventory bag that can contain up to 10 extra spaces, 1 inventory bag for items, 1 inventory bag for edibles, 1 inventory bag for materials. only 1 at a time can be taken, and not all 3 can be used at once. the item is permanent. but only 1 can be used at a time. pkers may like the inventory bag for gear switches, long term teams may like edibles to stay alive longer, and scavengers may like material bags for extra holding spaces.

To obtain certain items, it takes points rewarded on completion. just dont make it like 5 points to obtain that bag, make it like 2000, or something really high, so it can be grinded out for. because we do want to make this game harder, not simple and easy. it keeps the motivation high for items. and easy to where this system is no longer used after 2 hours of completing all the rewards. 

just throwing out a idea to help bring high levels back to beginner areas. (The tasks can be assigned to ANY monster. its a gamble basically every time you accept a task.)

• Like 2

I really do like the concept of your idea! That is, creating/modifying new/current quests that enable higher levels to revisit the lower level maps. I remember the episode quest had you go back to adventure plains for the mushroom something (I don't really remember). The level was for like 30 or something, I believe. 

Another idea could put a different map in the lower level maps, kinda like the Goblin Cave being in Adventure Plains. I'm excited to see what they come up with. 

• Thanks 1

I like the idea, they could use the Union npcs as a way to start those quests and use the points (Union or Honor/Valor whatever they plan to use these days). They could also use the current quest mechanism that makes the rewards better for whoever completes them first (or faster?) 

though I think I remember LP saying in a stream they already planned to give more inventory space, but even more space is always welcome!

• Thanks 1

Specifically speaking, if they don't increase the level cap and we reach said cap by Luna, then each following planet would subsequently be at the same level, so you'd only have to entice players to lower levels of Junon and Luna. I'd posit that getting to max level before Luna would be a better position for horizontal progression to kick in, and thus Junon would be the planet you'd need to get max level players to go to.

Funnily enough, people already voluntarily chose to hang out in Junon for convenience of market sake and putting up their vendor shops in the first major city. Getting players out to the various maps of Junon could be easily done with simple bait like you described. Simple fetch quest / missions on a daily refresh that give a steady supply of end game materials or consumables / cosmetic etc. 

So you're on the right track. 

It seems to me that enticing players to go back to lower level maps requires two things.

1. A reason to go there. Several possible reasons spring to mind. Events such as an attack on a particular map, farming for particular mats that can only be found there, Particular NPCs that perform tasks such as refining, repairing or whatever but can only be found on this map. If anyone has ever heard of the Tower defence game that I worked on years ago then this would be a perfect example.
  2. A mechanism by which the higher level players are actually able to do whatever is required of them on a low level map. Farm the drops, kill the monsters for some reasonable gain, take part in the event.

You get the point, right?

This then ties in to some other suggestions that have been made in other threads.

1. scaling down effective levels so that the high level players can actually farm drops on this map and take part in server wide events without having too much of an advantage. This is a perfect example of what that suggestion could play into.
  2. Dynamic events triggered by something in a given map. Monster spawns invading in a town triggering a server wide event.
  • Like 1

I'm liking this idea.

just have to make sure this doenst become the next level fetch quest.

We could make it so that special monsters spawn in certain maps and need specific items to slay them, consumables or equipment. ( I'm stealing this from a other MMO btw)
You can buy these items from your slayer master/taskgiver and he will give hints when assigning certain monsters.

These monster spawn all around and you have to track them down.

Now let's say a monster(s) spawns in Adventure plains and a new person is trying to attack it, it could give a message something like
"You feel you need some special technique to hurt this monster, perhaps you could ask .... for help?" 

this would ensure high level players revisit old maps and the spawn wont intervere with the new players. 

My concept of dynamic moving spawns wouldn't necessarily mean anything that a noobie couldn't handle. (for jelly beans) I propose that a roving jelly scout finds an empty space (not too many jelly bean monsters nearby) and it will morph into a "jelly Mother" (think a modified Jelly King) which will then begin spawning new regular jelly beans around it at a relatively low rate (1 every 20 seconds perhaps) once it's new spawn is full (defined maximum)it can generate a new scout every 10 minutes and the process continues.

While a noobie may not be able to handle a Jelly Mother, it wouldn't be too hard to kill. once she is dead then that spawn is gone forever so the advancement of jellys is pushed back.

Now let's say a monster(s) spawns in Adventure plains and a new person is trying to attack it, it could give a message something like
"You feel you need some special technique to hurt this monster, perhaps you could ask .... for help?" 

Nice. I like that concept

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleYouko said:

My concept of dynamic moving spawns wouldn't necessarily mean anything that a noobie couldn't handle. (for jelly beans) I propose that a roving jelly scout finds an empty space (not too many jelly bean monsters nearby) and it will morph into a "jelly Mother" (think a modified Jelly King) which will then begin spawning new regular jelly beans around it at a relatively low rate (1 every 20 seconds perhaps) once it's new spawn is full (defined maximum)it can generate a new scout every 10 minutes and the process continues.

While a noobie may not be able to handle a Jelly Mother, it wouldn't be too hard to kill. once she is dead then that spawn is gone forever so the advancement of jellys is pushed back.

Nice. I like that concept

Cool concept! What happens if all jelly beans and mothers are slain? 

4 minutes ago, Flowan said:

Cool concept! What happens if all jelly beans and mothers are slain?

The server will know when the last Jelly Mother is killed so we can do one of a number of things.

1. Automatically spawn a new scout in a random or specific location and allow it to wander around and start a new spawn so that the whole process can begin again.
  2. Some sort of server wide conservation quest could begin by announcing to all that the last known Jelly bean has been killed and begging players to begin a hunt for any isolated jelly bean populations. After that then a specific item could be introduced as a drop (rarity to be determined). This item is something like the "last Jelly bean egg" or whatever. The first player to return one of these to the NPC running the quest will receive a reward. Gift Points, A Title "Jelly Bean Savior", greatly enhanced reputation with a jelly bean faction and/or any number of potential things
  3. Some other method of restarting. Intervention by Arua perhaps?

Either way we would have some way to initiate the jelly Bean population again

• Like 1