Rework drop system based on level

unknownvirus

I was talking with my friends yesterday on discord about what we hated the most in rose online back in the days and it's the drop system based on level.
You had to stay at a certain level to continue farming a specific monster. When you character was too high level, the monster/boss could no longer drop anything. It was the most annoying part of this game since you had to make many characters with different level range to farm certain area / Boss for legendary, crafting and refining items. And also it was so annoying to kill a boss and see no drop at all.

Imo, the Experience Nullifier shouldn't be the solution to fix this problem. Why not change the drop system so you can keep farming and see drops from mobs no matter level you are?
I can understand a level 220 shoudn't get as much drop than a low level character in the lower level area since they can 1 shot low level thrash mobs, but at least make the drops still possible to get at any level. What do you think about it?

edit: I just saw in another topic a solution from the member Zeror i think is a very good one.

Purple: Extremely hard. Increased drop chance of 125%. If normally an item's drop chance is 10%, then it's 12.5% on this difficulty.

Red: Very hard. Increased drop chance of 115%. If normally an item's drop chance is 10%, then it's 11.5% on this difficulty.

Orange: Moderate/hard. Increased drop chance of 105%. If normally an item's drop chance is 10%, then it's 10.5% on this difficulty.

Yellow: Default difficulty. Drop chance of 100% = normal.

Green: Easy. Drop chance is 80%. If normally an item's drop chance is 10%, then it's 8% on this difficulty.

Blue: Weak. Decreased drop chance of 65%. If normally an item's drop chance is 10%, then it's 6.5% on this difficulty.

White: Very weak. Decreased drop chance of 50%. If normally an item's drop chance is 10%, then it's 5% on this difficulty.

Solution by Zeror

Edited by unknownvirus
added solution

This is pretty much how the current system works, except with different values for reduction/increase percentages, it's different than the iROSE system.

There are multiple categories with a drop pool and a drop rate. And then a reduction in the drop rate based on level difference

• Like 3

2 hours ago, percent1 said:

This is pretty much how the current system works, except with different values for reduction/increase percentages, it's different than the iROSE system.

There are multiple categories with a drop pool and a drop rate. And then a reduction in the drop rate based on level difference

noice.gif.0687a434142f858afe096db378377ab8.gif

3 hours ago, percent1 said:

Thanks to the fast reply! I'm really happy to read that! My friends and me will come back again for sure with this change