Underutilized maps require overly competitive gameplay.

TuerShen

I am a casual solo-player investing on the solo-levelling experience. And I just find it so frustrating that lots of quests are concentrated in only few maps that would result in uneven distribution of map utilization.

As a solo-player, who doesn't engage so much with players online, it seems rather ironic that despite having several spacious maps, I still end up having to size up or compete with overly-competitive players, especially against max level toons.

I am all for improving my game play to increase my efficiency as sometimes there are monsters that you fight that you might find difficulty beating at first. But now I also have to compete with other players even in a non-PvP content of the game? And for what? A chance of completing a quest?

I also have the same concern since NA server. Why is the game designed that in almost every aspect of the game it is about competition and not just about experience? Why are there so many players' interventions allowed?

It would make sense if every nook and cranny of the game is filled with players so you create opportunities for others. But the number of active players compared to the vast maps, I think there should be a more flexible way to play the game than forced a few number of players to compete with each other and clumped on a single map.

One example is the Fossil Sanctuary. It is where lots of players are clumped. And most bosses here are heavily sought after. And you have this quest that requires monster proof from these bosses, that are guarded almost 24/7 by farmers. So you are force to join a clan that can help you finish it even though technically you finish it on your own. Because clans are not just beneficial for companions and passives but they are like gangs, join a known clan so you don't get messed with by others.

So far, this game isn't recommended for players who just want to have a casual solo-play experience. Vast as the maps are, the game somehow concentrates on creating adversaries among players, even in non-PvP content, so you either play by the rules or just give up halfway.

I wish the game just focus more on efficiency rather than make everyone compete against each other. We have a PvP for that. The levelling alone is grindy enough and time consuming, and then you let other players to intervene? I've got no say in it because it's not against the rules. But isn't it that they run over other players because they also find it inconvenient for them to give way for others? For instance you happen to get on their self-proclaimed farming spot? So, I also want something that is convenient casual players like me.

I play for experience. I don't want to feed more into other player's delusion of grandeur or their superiority complex. Everyone may be wants to be efficient in playing this game but not everyone is highly competitive just to feel the sort of rush when you run over other players just because you can. Even some of ROSE's staffs are not that competitive in game.

Hoping the game could have a better avenue for players who wants to continuously flaunt how good they are at this game without affecting the overall experience of other players.

Most players now have more advantage than the players who are just starting or who are just about to discover the game. And the new players are mostly the easiest to get exploited by players who have been playing this since the release of early access.

• Like 2

Gather your thoughts and suggestions on how this could be improved in your opinion, then post in the Ideas Section.  Think of specific things that could be done or added and be sure to include as much information as you can.

The dev team reads that section every day and it's the best place to share your suggestions for improving the game. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TuerShen said:

I don't want to feed more into other player's delusion of grandeur or their superiority complex.

54 minutes ago, TuerShen said:

players who wants to continuously flaunt how good they are at this game

Respectfully, I feel like you have an inferiority complex that tarnishes your ability to enjoy yourself with others. 
As well as you may be projecting your own narcissism as a guise to mask your own. 

I'd suggest explaining why you feel such ways, rather than just projecting your feelings and exclaiming your feelings as though they're truth and valid, because you feel that way. Just because you feel a certain way, doesn't validate that into reality.  

Though. I can agree with Fossil. and Bosses in General. 

Someone said a proposal to fix bosses is to have individual loot for bosses
(which would also mean that obtaining boss for quest would also be reliant on simply hitting the boss one time rather than being the first hit sort of thing)

But generally speaking, your post mostly focuses around trying to project your uncomfortable feelings about other people, more than your post explains why you feel such ways, or what can be done to improve such things. 

I understand that sometimes people feel the need to belittle others in order to feel valid and important about themselves. And eh, you do you. As you are a solo player. I guess I can see why you'll likely to remain a solo player. 

This is a multiplayer game which is better enjoyed with the interaction of others. I hope you can find love for your fellow human, and maybe enjoy playing with others. Rather than focusing on all that you hate about others. 

Cheers. 

Spoiler

image.png.ad1e4e009a36ed8170d8617e72915c94.png

Edited by GodOfEntity
  • Like 1

Inferiority complex is about feeling of inferiority that you just let on without trying to improve.

Narcissism only sees oneself while ignoring the needs of others.

If you see me as those. So be it.

Being in a group should be an advantage not a necessity.

Also, for those who have been playing since the release of early access, you do realize that you already have an advantage over new players, right? Meaning, all players that come after you are easily exploitable. And you may want to keep that gap to keep your advantage. Let's talk about that. Not many players are helpful towards new players, you only need new players when you are levelling your other low level toons. Not everyone is very welcoming. Isn't that bad push the game towards the more friendly side? I don't think so.

Most active members are either farmers or PvP players. Both mostly dominate the game which makes the game overly competitive to play and it doesn't help that there are different ways for players to intervene. Ex., either to lure so many monsters to your party to kill you off because you got into their self-proclaimed farming spot. Or just cut-off you off in a PvP zone while doing a quest just for fun.

I am all for the experience of the game, be it solo or with friends or with utter strangers. I have done that all. Clans and groups should improve the quality of life in game not so you can dominate the game in such a way that could intervene other players' game experience.

There's should be a place for competitiveness and a place for fun and not everything should be thrown into the mix everywhere in the game. Of course, if you are just competitive and just want to see yourself winning over everyone over everything, you don't see it as a problem. But I do. And that's my opinion.

I want things to be convenient for me? Of course, I am a player. I have a different perspective of the game and how it should improve, just like everyone else. Let's be real, most suggestions are fine, but some of them are just self-serving. If you find my post to be the same, then, so be it.

I just have the same liberty as everyone to speak my mind be it just for my own convenience or for everyone.

Edited by TuerShen

8 minutes ago, TuerShen said:

Being in a group should be an advantage not a necessity.

Aha. Try running a DG with that mindset. 
This is a multiplayer game. It requires playing with other people in order to do well in it. 
If that's not okay with you, this might not be the game for you sir. 
Respectfully. 

Growing together as players and making friends should be the experience that you seek with this.
Finding friends, meeting new people. Growing, and improving with them. 
(Not just your characters in game, but your entire relationships with others) 
If that is not the experience you seek. Maybe you're in the wrong place. 

To me it sounds as though you WANT to be a strong player, that you' may actually be jealous and envious of players that already are strong players?
Know that, I too am not particularly a social butterfly,  however, I've grown my characters in spite of, needing to play with others to improve my chars. 

Yeah. Idk. I'm a pretty trashy person though. But eh. If you need help in the game, my dm's are open on discord, feel free to ask for some help and if I'm not in the middle of something, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand with what you're wanting to do to improve your char. 

But know, this is a game that is yes, designed around playing with others. 
That likely won't change. Arguably, nore should it. 

Edited by GodOfEntity
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

Aha. Try running a DG with that mindset. 
This is a multiplayer game. It requires playing with other people in order to do well in it. 
If that's not okay with you, this might not be the game for you sir. 
Respectfully. 

It's not my first time in this game. I used to run dg on my own. especially when there are no available players. Sometimes with friends.

34 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

Growing together as players and making friends should be the experience that you seek with this.
Finding friends, meeting new people. Growing, and improving with them. 
(Not just your characters in game, but your entire relationships with others) 
If that is not the experience you seek. Maybe you're in the wrong place. 

The last thing I would suggest someone with different opinion about the game is to leave the game.

35 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

To me it sounds as though you WANT to be a strong player, that you' may actually be jealous and envious of players that already are strong players?
Know that, I too am not particularly a social butterfly,  however, I've grown my characters in spite of, needing to play with others to improve my chars. 

The reason I chose I mage because I saw someone tanked a dg king while doing a run. The reason I decided to create a bourg is the exact same thing. I am in awe of strong players in game. But if that is something to be used to interfere other players' experience in game? Of course, I'd speak up. I have the liberty to do so.

37 minutes ago, GodOfEntity said:

But know, this is a game that is yes, designed around playing with others. 
That likely won't change. Arguably, nore should it. 

Of course, it is fun to play with other people. But to interfere other players? It's just fueling revenge. So players will try to improve to get back on other players and the cycle continues.

I have vent my frustration towards this game like two weeks ago on Reddit, but I realized there is nothing we can do, the game is what it is, and it is because the game is built upon the idea of no-life grinding or pay up through Item Mall oriented, you can't just turn a P2W game to a non P2W game overnight by simply removing access to those items. The game will just become entirely about whoever spend the most time on it, wins it. I won't go in detail on that, it's the same old problem in old NArose.

The current game has several major issue in,

1) Leveling experience is monotonous, due to the severely lacking playerbase, and the fact that you NEED to be in a well setup party to get anywhere, people always end up in those spots, Moldies > Doonga quest > Krawfies quest > Lunaris Bears quest > Penguin quest > Pincer/Nepenthes quest > Prison > Fossil Sanctuary quest, if you avoid engaging in these meta leveling spot and resort to leveling alone without quest, you will probably take over 2 years, I will not dare to experiment on this. Actually, I get a taste of what it feels like not knowing the Krawfies quest as a returning player, you will suffer from financial hardship where you will not able to buy NPC food, scrolls, repair, travel.

2) The game's economy revolves around the supply and demand of max level players. In other words, you are better off just rush to max level ASAP in order to set foot in this game, as the only moment you get the chance to gain zulies is Krawfy quest, and those zulies are not even that big for the damaged economy we have. And because of the game build was from previous NA rose, the crafting system is weird where if you craft item at your level, you get some horrible success rate, that you are better off continue level up to the max, paying up from other players is not an option because you don't even have zulies to begin with. Everything is inducing you to max out your character first before doing anything normal in the economy. Don't try to farm immediately as a noob, because you need special gems, special character, economy insights in order to make the right decision, the more well setup players can automate it several folds better and more efficient than you. And the whole system allows the more experienced players to devour the new players hard earned zulies if they need a quick buck where they will jeopardize their future growth.

This game could be fun and populated if you can access the PvP right away without serious time investment into it, ya the game is now not P2W, but it is now grind-to-win, I spend thousands of hours in this game back then, I know what it feels like if I have to overtaking this again, so no thanks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HilariousFace said:

I have vent my frustration towards this game like two weeks ago on Reddit, but I realized there is nothing we can do, the game is what it is, and it is because the game is built upon the idea of no-life grinding or pay up through Item Mall oriented, you can't just turn a P2W game to a non P2W game overnight by simply removing access to those items. The game will just become entirely about whoever spend the most time on it, wins it. I won't go in detail on that, it's the same old problem in old NArose.

1) Leveling experience is monotonous, due to the severely lacking playerbase, and the fact that you NEED to be in a well setup party to get anywhere, people always end up in those spots, Moldies > Doonga quest > Krawfies quest > Lunaris Bears quest > Penguin quest > Pincer/Nepenthes quest > Prison > Fossil Sanctuary quest, if you avoid engaging in these meta leveling spot and resort to leveling alone without quest, you will probably take over 2 years, I will not dare to experiment on this. Actually, I get a taste of what it feels like not knowing the Krawfies quest as a returning player, you will suffer from financial hardship where you will not able to buy NPC food, scrolls, repair, travel.

2) The game's economy revolves around the supply and demand of max level players. In other words, you are better off just rush to max level ASAP in order to set foot in this game, as the only moment you get the chance to gain zulies is Krawfy quest, and those zulies are not even that big for the damaged economy we have. And because of the game build was from previous NA rose, the crafting system is weird where if you craft item at your level, you get some horrible success rate, that you are better off continue level up to the max, paying up from other players is not an option because you don't even have zulies to begin with. Everything is inducing you to max out your character first before doing anything normal in the economy. Don't try to farm immediately as a noob, because you need special gems, special character, economy insights in order to make the right decision, the more well setup players can automate it several folds better and more efficient than you. And the whole system allows the more experienced players to devour the new players hard earned zulies if they need a quick buck where they will jeopardize their future growth.

This game could be fun and populated if you can access the PvP right away without serious time investment into it, ya the game is now not P2W, but it is now grind-to-win, I spend thousands of hours in this game back then, I know what it feels like if I have to overtaking this again, so no thanks.

I am a new player coming from Ruff Rose and Arua Rose, I have been playing for about a week now, and reading these comments kind of makes me really hesitate about all the hours I spend, can you please explain why rushing to max level as fast as possible is the best option? this is not the first time I've read a comment such as yours, and I am a player who loves to find every level I'm at an opportunity for farming while building up.

• Like 1

Never used this forum before, hopefully I quoted you correctly.

But basically, you don't have to rush to max level if you don't care about PvP, there is no PvP happening other than max Lv.250 characters. If you are a kind of player that enjoy exploring worlds, doing quest for rewards, there is no need to rush to max level. Also, I don't mean max level 250 specifically, but mostly at least level 180.

However, if you are into PvP where you will need all those competitive gears that cannot be bought from NPC, like special gems, jewelry, (20) refinement, honor PvP equipment, mask, back items. You need funds to do all of these, a lot a lot. You spend a month to farm a boss, you may be able to get two pieces of jewelry, but it may not be the one suitable for you, you will need to vend it to get zulies and buy the right one from other players.

And regarding why "rushing to max level ASAP is the best option". The short version will be. You position yourself better financially, you farm better, equip better, torture yourself less in the long run.

The long version would be, it is because there is no economy between new players and high level players, there is no zulies given to new players if they are not aware of Krawfies quest. My first character in this new ROSE was done without doing the quest because I didn't know it existed, so I suffered financially. My next character, I grind through Krawfies quest leveling in Kenji Beach, this is the only moment you can earn zulies from the game, and it was around 2.5m, you need to spend a large portion of it to buy a unique weapon, and you need to buy a basic cart, plus the scrolls, foods, teleport fees, you have to do these or you are wasting a ton of time walking and dying, so basically you have no zulies left, therefore new players do not have any zulies to spend on the stuff being sold by players in Junon city and high level players are not interested in selling you stuff that earn them so little.

First of all, if you take the time to farm a boss and finally get a very rare drop, chances are it worth very little, the players in ROSE are not interested in them even though it is hard to get. Why bother wasting a week to farm a boss that earn you nothing in return?

Second of all, if you take your time to farm normal mobs at low levels, to get some equipment loot to sell to NPC for zulies, you are probably operating on a net loss due to the repair cost of your own equipment. The equipment loot sell for very little nowadays because they are all at lowest durability ratio. However, the equipment drop in Lv.200+ maps, they can earn you quite some. Most importantly, you NEED special gems in order to farm effectively or the monster just won't drop you stuff, and those special gems cost big money to begin with, you need to get lucky finding those 2nd tier drop gem for cheap.

Third, these utility characters such as Cleric, Soldiers with Sacrifice are extremely helpful for leveling, a high level cleric can provide salamander flame and tank. You are better off starting these characters ASAP, don't need to be max level, they are just basic necessity.

Fourth, you need an Artisan to craft the basics equipment to better equip your next character, using reinforce armors is a ton better than yellow NPC gear. FYI, I attempt to craft some fast cart as a Lv.200 Artisan with a crafting block hammer, the success rate is still hovering 50%, I'm not taking that risk no thanks. There is some level to success rate formula going on with the crafting success rate, if you are a Lv.200, trying to craft some Lv.100 stuff, you get 100% success chance easily. But if you are a Lv.200 trying to craft some Lv.200 stuff, you will only get around 50%. Do I need to mention how it is stupid move to try to craft gems as a non max Artisan to compete with max level Artisan? Why bother to try and failing gems when level up first is the right thing to do? Therefore, rushing to as high level as an Artisan is also a step. So, far I have no Sapphire or any CON items to begin with, because all of those require big funds even though I'm not even aiming for high tier gems. Of two of the Lv.200 characters I leveled up with, I noticed there was only few times I've seen a gem box being dropped, the good drops are locked behind drop gems I believe.

I've played this game in the new build under Rednim/Gravity for 3 weeks now as a player who has 10 characters at Lv.230 in the old NArose, the game is fundamentally screwed not the fault of the current developers, but the game itself was built-upon an endless grind model, things are designed to be grindy to push for Item Mall sales. With a big root problem of, 1) Sky high end game equipment ceiling that you can never reach unless you keep investing your precious time into it 2) anything a new player can do, an old player can do it and automate it 10x better. 3) The reason why everything in terms of zulies, leveling speed is so restrictive is because if you make something easy for noobs, you will just make the experienced players' life extremely easy since they can make as many new characters as they want. They have no filter to isolate out the true new player and fake new player. All was the root problem from the previous NArose. When the game is systematically screwing the new players, it is screwing itself.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

Fully agree. I already noted this almost a year ago somewhere around january.

In the current version the journey is not the game, everybody just rushed and skips 80% of all the maps because that is currently just not a viable option to level. Why bother going to other maps if the XP is way worse you don't earn any zuly and the loot is just the same in all the maps? At least this counts from 1-140.

If you'd skip krawfi for example you miss out on so much XP + Zuly. So nobody bothers level in other places, same goes for penguins etc etc. 

11 hours ago, Syllables said:

I am a new player coming from Ruff Rose and Arua Rose, I have been playing for about a week now, and reading these comments kind of makes me really hesitate about all the hours I spend, can you please explain why rushing to max level as fast as possible is the best option? this is not the first time I've read a comment such as yours, and I am a player who loves to find every level I'm at an opportunity for farming while building up.

Well an example would be. in those iROSE servers you stated making a new char can be fun! Mainly due to several farming/level places being really viable even as a lowbie.

Here are some examples I remember in that time which all is gone in the current version:

• Goblin Cave > Refines
  • Krawfi King > Topaz, Blue Crystals etc
  • GoS > Uniques, Castle Gear Schem, Hearts
  • FoW > GK Farming (Uniques)

Etc.

And these are only places already between level 1-88 that makes the game fun and feel alive due to several places being active instead of 1 meta place where everyone is located due to repeatable quests.

Currently the best way to just earn money is get you ass ASAP to max, go farm dungeons 24/7 or several other bosses at max level and thats about it. A normal MMORPG should be about the journey and fun it is to become max level (Take a look at Classic WoW for example) currently the game just sort of starts at max.

Edited by Thystro
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 6:23 AM, HilariousFace said:

Since most players now can't milk the item mall to earn zulie, monster drops are now the only source of income for players. And that results to players becoming more eager to protect their farming spot/s not just against other farmers but also players that might cause some delay to their farming routine. Hence, they see their time as most important in game (Although, I don't disagree with this. It's true that you need to put yourself first). It's good for them but not for the game in the long run, I believe.

I solo-level and it only took me weeks to get to level 230, considering that I only do the repeatable valor quest from level 50-190. But I do play everyday since the time permits. So, it is possible, albeit slower.

It also has something to do with players trying to rush everything, hence, increasing the demand. If players take their time, the demand will be low and I don't think the market prices will skyrocket as it is now.

That's what I am saying, why not create a PvP content with controlled variables, only using predetermined items but you can still set up your skill build. Since the PvP is based on builds rather than just skills. Just lower the prizes compared to PvP that is based on builds. Do something that is more skill-based that actually pushed players to be more creative in PvP rather than just relying on builds. And you can even add PvP exclusive skills that can't be bought from NPC but you can choose and use in a PvP mode. Something to spice up the game.

• Like 1

Thanks for this post, appreciate the input! Unfortunately we inherited some poor game design choices that we are slowly beginning to unwind. The team agrees completely that the current progression is boring and relies too much on repeatables that lock players into small areas that can get oversatured with players. I also personally find the progression less interesting due to the blandness of drops where nearly all zones drop the same thing. We have already been making changes to improve things but there is still much more we plan and will do. Here are some of the things we already changed:

• Boosted EXP rates on Luna/Eldeon
  • Changed refine drops to drop on specific maps, e.g. goblin caves rather than drop in all zones
  • Reworked prison to make it a new viable leveling/farming alternative to Sikuku Ruins and other maps
  • Reworked luna clan field so that level 180 and lower characters have a PvP advantage over max level characters and introduced a rare drop exclusive to this map
  • Reworked prismatic lattice/dust/fibers to distribute them over different mobs so players are encouraged to farm in different zones for them
  • Introduced new accessories to reduce the reliance on wandering mobs which benefit hardcore and experienced players who can camp these mobs
  • Improved refining so that items are not lost and the success chances were increased
  • Removed all Pay-to-Win elements from the game (there was a TON and we are now having to rebalance the game for a non-p2w focus)

In the next patches we have some more drop table changes to improve farming as well and we're starting to shift our focus to lower level zones. In fact we are in the process of reworking ALL the drop tables so that progression and drops go hand in hand it will just take some time as it's quite a massive change. The team believes that drops should be location specific rather than universal like the current drop tables are (I cringe getting little angel feathers in Eldeon). We are also taking a critical look at the honor materials shop to that players are more encouraged to trade with lower level characters rather than buy from an NPC.

Regarding lower level PvP, there were lower level instances previously but we disabled them due to abuse. We are currently working on an initiative to balance game arena queues, I think once this work is completed there's an interesting opportunity to consider a queue that balances across level ranges as well. Ideally though we'd like to bring back more dynamic PvP content than just game arenas (e.g. clan wars, union wars, etc.). The team also has some plans for lower level dungeons and gameplay to spice up the progression but these take time to design and implement.

So in summary we can say we basically agree with everything here and we are working towards making these big changes. Unfortunately the progress has been slower than we liked but there's some exciting stuff to look forward to rather soon! In general we greatly appreciate feedback like this as it helps us prioritize and

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lazypenguin said:

Thanks for this post, appreciate the input! Unfortunately we inherited some poor game design choices that we are slowly beginning to unwind. The team agrees completely that the current progression is boring and relies too much on repeatables that lock players into small areas that can get oversatured with players. I also personally find the progression less interesting due to the blandness of drops where nearly all zones drop the same thing. We have already been making changes to improve things but there is still much more we plan and will do. Here are some of the things we already changed:

• Boosted EXP rates on Luna/Eldeon
  • Changed refine drops to drop on specific maps, e.g. goblin caves rather than drop in all zones
  • Reworked prison to make it a new viable leveling/farming alternative to Sikuku Ruins and other maps
  • Reworked luna clan field so that level 180 and lower characters have a PvP advantage over max level characters and introduced a rare drop exclusive to this map
  • Reworked prismatic lattice/dust/fibers to distribute them over different mobs so players are encouraged to farm in different zones for them
  • Introduced new accessories to reduce the reliance on wandering mobs which benefit hardcore and experienced players who can camp these mobs
  • Improved refining so that items are not lost and the success chances were increased
  • Removed all Pay-to-Win elements from the game (there was a TON and we are now having to rebalance the game for a non-p2w focus)

In the next patches we have some more drop table changes to improve farming as well and we're starting to shift our focus to lower level zones. In fact we are in the process of reworking ALL the drop tables so that progression and drops go hand in hand it will just take some time as it's quite a massive change. The team believes that drops should be location specific rather than universal like the current drop tables are (I cringe getting little angel feathers in Eldeon). We are also taking a critical look at the honor materials shop to that players are more encouraged to trade with lower level characters rather than buy from an NPC.

Regarding lower level PvP, there were lower level instances previously but we disabled them due to abuse. We are currently working on an initiative to balance game arena queues, I think once this work is completed there's an interesting opportunity to consider a queue that balances across level ranges as well. Ideally though we'd like to bring back more dynamic PvP content than just game arenas (e.g. clan wars, union wars, etc.). The team also has some plans for lower level dungeons and gameplay to spice up the progression but these take time to design and implement.

So in summary we can say we basically agree with everything here and we are working towards making these big changes. Unfortunately the progress has been slower than we liked but there's some exciting stuff to look forward to rather soon! In general we greatly appreciate feedback like this as it helps us prioritize and

Awesome! This sounds great! Does this also exclude max level players for farming for example: goblin cave? Or will they still just receive loot anyway and can just grind their ass off on a max level character?

1 hour ago, Thystro said:

Awesome! This sounds great! Does this also exclude max level players for farming for example: goblin cave? Or will they still just receive loot anyway and can just grind their ass off on a max level character?

It's been a big discussion in the team for some time right now. Right now players get a drop rate penalty for being out of range of the mob but it doesn't go to a 100% drop rate penalty so that is how higher levels can still drop loot from low level mobs albeit at a lower rate. I think there's a good chance we'll make some adjustments here but we haven't finalized what that would look like.

• Like 4

On 11/6/2023 at 2:58 PM, lazypenguin said:

It's been a big discussion in the team for some time right now. Right now players get a drop rate penalty for being out of range of the mob but it doesn't go to a 100% drop rate penalty so that is how higher levels can still drop loot from low level mobs albeit at a lower rate. I think there's a good chance we'll make some adjustments here but we haven't finalized what that would look like.

I think that if level appropriate mobs weren't so hard to kill, as the level you're "supposed" to be killing it as, it wouldn't be as enticing to use a max level char, facing the drop penalties.  

On 11/6/2023 at 9:58 PM, lazypenguin said:

Drop penalties gets negated via the amount of time it takes a high level char to kill a low level mob. Perhaps a penalty regarding the amount/quantity of an item/s should also be added as a deterent? Or specialized gem effects get negated if player-mob level exceeds a specific level.