Back to School Event Aug 20 - Sept 8

HoneyBuns

Seems like only yesterday we were having fun at the Summer Festival on Sunshine Coast.  Now it's time to get back into the classroom. Hope you studied because exams are already here.   During this event, monsters around your level will sometimes drop School Spirit. More about that later.

Talk to [Event Info] Judy in Zant to get started. You should do them in order (first grade, second grade, etc). Make sure you have space in your equipment tab for 6 items and that you do not have more than 9 open quests.  I know that not everyone wants to see the answers. If you get stuck, check the spoiler below each exam.

FIRST GRADE
Counting Mini Jelly Beans. Judy will give you a math equation to solve, then you have to kill that number of Mini Jellybeans. 

Spoiler

Be sure that you only kill the Mini Jellybeans.  The correct answer is 7

Return to Judy and if you have killed the correct number of beans, she will give you the next exam

SECOND GRADE
Pumpkin Patch Math. Another math problem to solve and then go kill that number of pumpkins.

Spoiler

As before, be sure to only kill regular pumpkins. The correct answer is 13.

Return to Judy again and if you killed the correct number of pumpkins, Judy will give you the next exam.

THIRD GRADE
Turtles Divided. This time you'll be heading to El Verloon once you figure out the answer.

Spoiler

Only regular turtles will count. The correct answer is 14.

Head back to Judy again with the correct number to get the next exam.

FOURTH GRADE
This Little Mini Porkie.  Now it's time to go to Anima Lake and hunt down the Mini Porkies.

Spoiler

Only Mini Porkies will count. The correct answer is 25.

Return to Judy again. If you collected the correct number of piggies, she will give you the next exam.

FIFTH GRADE
Scientific Monster Names. Finally an exam that is not math-related!  Judy will give you the names of three monsters but the letters in the names are jumbled up. Figure out what the real names are and then go kill one of each of those mobs.

Spoiler

These are kind of tricky if you are not good at word scramble games. Here are the correct monsters and their locations.

Optical Maiden – Captain Moldie- outside of Junon Polis
Iced Oyster Plum – Decrepit Smouly- Forest of Wisdom
Dear Leg Turner- Grunter Leader-Anima Lake

Back to Judy once again to get the next exam. 

FINAL EXAM-GEOGRAPHY
Judy will ask you some questions. One of the questions will require you to take a snapshot of a certain location. All you have to do is stand in that spot- it's not an actual screenshot.  Check the spoiler if you need help with the answers.

Spoiler

I'll update this guide with the actual questions when I do this event this year but for now, here are the correct answers.

-Question 1- What is Arumic Researcher Lutis doing when he's at his happiest? 
   Answer-   Lutis is studying (option # 2)
-Question 2- How many residents are currently holding their business in the Windmill Village of Breezy Hills?
    Answer- Merchants in Breezy is 4 (option # 4)
-Question 3- Photo of Zant Canyon 
zant pic 1.jpg
zant pic 2.jpg

-Animal on arch in Sunshine Coastt - The answer is amphibians (option # 4)
-Materials needed to craft a grade 1 Amethyst- The answer is chemicals, red crystal, white crystal (option # 1)

The reward for answering correctly is a Paintbrush. 

FINAL EXAM-SCIENCE
More questions from Judy (they don't seem too scientific to me lol)

Spoiler

Again, I'll update this guide with the questions too but here are the answers.

- Hunt the monster with the scientific name of Jingly Elk (aka Jelly King)
-Greatest heroes of Rose- answer is Lucid, Namielle, Kirnale, Lillith, Seyrun, Night Shade and Bardsirn (option # 1)
-Monster during the Halloween Invasion of 2008- answer is Heburkal (option # 3)

This time your reward is a Crayon.

FINAL EXAM-HISTORY
Good thing you know a lot about Rose history. 

Spoiler

Here are the correct answers

-How many kings and queens have there been- go to Jones in Junon Polis for the answer which is 77 apparently.
- What level is needed for second job – answer is 100 (option # 3)
-How many sen stat points does a visitor start with- answer is 10 (option # 2)

Reward: a Pen

FINAL EXAM-PHYSICAL EDUCATION
More questions and this time, two locations to take pictures.

Spoiler

-The entrance to DoD is behind this tree. It looks like a solid mountain but there is a path. Follow it as far as you can and then you'll see the actual entrance
dod entrance.jpg

Picture of a church of the dead- in Desert of the Dead (entrance in Anima Lake)
dod church.jpg

-Deepest natural well -Goblin Cave
goblin cave.jpg

-Name for money in Rose- answer is zulie (option # 3)

-Which planet to natives speak from their hearts- answer is Luna (option # 2)

Reward is a Pencil

FINAL EXAM-LANGUAGE ARTS
This one is strange. You're supposed to count the letters in the description of the quest in the quest log, based on your answers to the previous exams and then those letters will spell out the secret word.  If it's too frustrating or confusing, just check in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

-Oldest stone on Junon planet- Sunshine Coast.  This one is a bit tricky to get but just walk slowly around the area shown on the mini map in this screenshot.
sunshine 1.jpg

Here is another ss, maybe a bit better, to find the spot
sunshine 2.jpg

Return to Judy once you have credit for the photo in your quest log.
Reward: Ruler and Scissors.

The reward items are all recreational hand-helds. They all have base stats. Check the spoiler below to see how they look equipped and their stats.

Spoiler

PENCIL
pencil.jpg

PAINTBRUSH
paintbrush.jpg

CRAYON
crayon.jpg

PEN
pen.jpg

RULER
ruler.jpg

SCISSORS
scissors.jpg

I bet you're wondering what the School Spirit is for.  Collect 100 School Spirit then return to Judy with all 6 of the above items in your inventory and she will offer you a Krawfy Mount in red or green!
red krawfy mount.jpg

green krawfy mount.jpg

This quest is repeatable but you have to do the whole exam thing again, so be sure you have 6 spaces in equipment and no more than 9 open quests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Vindala said:

How do you take a photo? When I tried it, the game tells There was an issue while taking the screenshot.

It looks like that ROSE screenshot feature is bugged/not working. Starting game as Administrator (both rose-updater.exe and trose.exe) has no effect.

Possible solutions:

If you press [Print Screen] then you can always paste image into Paint or similar program to save it (annoying if you want to take more screenshots). If you have multi monitor setup or playing ROSE in window mode then you can use [LAlt]+[Print Screen] to capture only active window.

There is also [Win]+[LAlt]+[Print Screen] which takes screenshot using Xbox Game Bar and these are saved automatically in "C:\Users\<YOU-USERNAME-HERE>\Videos\Captures".

Tip of the day (in case you didn't know that): you can press [LAlt]+[U] to hide GUI elements if you want.

Edited by HFScofield
Quote added

2 hours ago, HFScofield said:

It looks like that ROSE screenshot feature is bugged/not working. Starting game as Administrator (both rose-updater.exe and trose.exe) has no effect.

Possible solutions:

If you press [Print Screen] then you can always paste image into Paint or similar program to save it (annoying if you want to take more screenshots). If you have multi monitor setup or playing ROSE in window mode then you can use [LAlt]+[Print Screen] to capture only active window.

There is also [Win]+[LAlt]+[Print Screen] which takes screenshot using Xbox Game Bar and these are saved automatically in "C:\Users\<YOU-USERNAME-HERE>\Videos\Captures".

Tip of the day (in case you didn't know that): you can press [LAlt]+[U] to hide GUI elements if you want.

Sorry there seems to be some confusion about this. It's not an actual screenshot that you take. When you stand in the right spots (check the spoilers for locations),  you will get a drop in your quest log that says you took a photo.  

I'll try to do the quest again later today and add a ss of the quest drop to the guide.

1 hour ago, HoneyBuns said:

Sorry there seems to be some confusion about this. It's not an actual screenshot that you take.

I don't know why that happened but a thought popped up in my head that the question was about problem with taking screenshot and not the quest thing 😕 (seeing screenshot in your previous post while reading next post might be a reason)

Sorry for unnecessary confusion.

1 hour ago, HFScofield said:

I don't know why that happened but a thought popped up in my head that the question was about problem with taking screenshot and not the quest thing 😕 (seeing screenshot in your previous post while reading next post might be a reason)

Sorry for unnecessary confusion.

No worries at all. I know some players do get that error message when taking a ss in the game. Hold the Windows key when you press the print screen key.  Then check in Pictures > Screenshots in your computer and you'll find the screenshots there.

But for this event, just go stand on the spots to get the quest credit.