Clan based Quest

HLAJR

Brainstorming new clan based content (we'd love to hear your ideas or suggestions on the forum!)

Based from the latest Patch Notes, I hope they could come up of a Quest where it will be done by players within clans like for example a minimum of 5 to qualify and do the quest and the rewards would be for all clan members if possible, or could also be clan points that could be used also by the clan.

It could also be a variety of quest like one just within Junon, that could be done by clan with low level players and another that span to other planets so that could be accomplished by a clan with varying levels of clan members.

Edited by HLAJR
  • Thanks 1

May I know possible reason why it failed?

Yes, I believe the reward is also a factor but personally for me, it is no difference to individual quest which are still present currently in-game.

What I am suggesting as a content is simply like doing quest in a group but of course, there will be challenges involve not just programmatically for the game code but also the actual process in how to implement in a gamer's perspective.

Edited by HLAJR

12 hours ago, lazypenguin said:

Clan quests are nice idea, not sure how it would work. Maybe instead of players getting the quest the quest is given to the actual clan and everyone can contribute?

Yes, that could be it... programatically, it might be somewhat like that Clan Points where each player contribute to the total points of the whole clan. With that, it could be a point, a number of items collected, a number of mobs killed, and a lot more. For me, as long as it is not clan vs clan by killing player members of opposing clan, then that would be nice and a separate venture with the likes of dungeons or arena activities. Sorry I cannot detail those cause I am not into that kind of (PVP) gameplay, I am more on the adventurer's type 😁

I believe this is not impossible as the basic ingredients are already in-game, it just need to be tailored and planned how to "fit" it into the storyboard and the gameplay.

Edited by HLAJR

20 hours ago, HLAJR said:

May I know possible reason why it failed?

Yes, I believe the reward is also a factor but personally for me, it is no difference to individual quest which are still present currently in-game.

What I am suggesting as a content is simply like doing quest in a group but of course, there will be challenges involve not just programmatically for the game code but also the actual process in how to implement in a gamer's perspective.

Because the rewards were cosmetics and it held no real value for the most part. Which is why i said the rewards needs to be immense for people to be bothered to use that feature. 

Edited by Asur
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 1:40 PM, Asur said:

Because the rewards were cosmetics and it held no real value for the most part. Which is why i said the rewards needs to be immense for people to be bothered to use that feature. 

I see... I thought it was the implementation that's been problematic like causing bugs or crashes...

Yup, reward is really the lure for that but for me personally, having a new thing to do in-game is already a thing to look after besides the usual grind.

Anyway, since the Devs are the one asking for ideas, it only shows they are looking into something to offer for everyone in the near future. And all our inputs could make and shape the realization of those things.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by HLAJR
  • Like 1

-You could do like a quest that requires x proof, and somehow all the clannies can contribute to it, like clan points but with proof, and if completed , maybe the clan leader can exchange it for one of the temporary buffs that lasts 1 week, maybe a bunch of clan points, or something that boosts the clan.
-Other idea could be like a boss, like ulverick that requires a bunch of people , kind of like to force a clan weekly boss event. And everyone that took part could get something like some zulie, some gems, or something. This could be coupled with the quest idea for example, after you finished the quest, an npc gives you a mob summon stone or something.
You could scale the boss hp for example based on clan size / level / online members , or even give the chance to choose a difficulty with each tier having different rewards.
-Another idea could be like a dungeon with much more people, but only for clannies , but I think this could be hard to archieve..., you would need to allow people to join ongoing dungeons, you would need a reconnect feature probably e.e, and there would be a lot of unexpected interactions probably.
-A clan instanced map, with npcs for this kind of quests, or boss stuff.( dont make it too important tho, or this would remove the culture of having "clan spots" around Junon :P)

Edited by ultragames007
  • Like 2

A daily or weekly Clan quest would be a neat idea. The quests could be planet related “Defending Junon” for example where you defeat the kings of Junon with atleast a party/group of 5 clan members to earn the proof. This could bring back the max level kings into low lvl zones again. 
Reward for turning in the quests would be a few million CP, random refine chemicals (50-100), random refine Lisents (20-50) random uniques/epics (2-6), random assortment of dirties (10-20), random assortment of materials relevant to the planet (dragon scales for example) (10-20).

The same can be done for Luna, Eldeon, and Orlo as well. There is enough map space to add clan bosses on maps (they could have the skull icon like the elite kings and only grant xp and clan points on kill). 

• Like 2