Player market functionality fix

nodashi

Player markets have the issue of having to sift through dozens of markets to try to find the one item you want to buy for a good price. This issue is present in Maple Story too. The way they fixed this issue is by having a one time use item that scans the markets for a specific item you have chosen and it would give you a read out of where the item is located and how much it is listed for. I think is would also work in rose online. The only caveat is that this scanning item would have to be limited in uses other wise the player market would turn into a centralized market. So I suggest maybe getting like 5 of them per month from a quest or something.

I get your point. that it can be frustrated to run through all shops on all planets to find what you are looking for. 

But for me ROSE is all about this, it doesn't have to go fast, it doesn't have to success all times. I found it really peacfully to go around from shop to shop and see what I could find. 
The issues about shops, atleast IMO on previous servers is that one day people will have shops on all planets. When the game is new, the shops will be in Adv-plains, Zant & Junon - I'm really looking forward to this. 

Other games have auction houses - its fast & effective - but I woulnd't enjoy that in ROSE.
I hope they fix so you doesn't have to have your computer/be logged in to have your shop open tho. 

• Like 1

That is why we asked for an auction house the fats and effectiveness of it all is what makes it enjoyable. I dont want to level up and then have to siff through countless shops looking for an item where i could have leveled in that time i wasted perusing shops. its not something that rose is known for but it will help alot with the economy because you will have different prices for the same item and it is your choice to decide whether you want to pay that price or negotiate a better price.

38 minutes ago, Bobbity said:

I reckon we could have an auction house/consignment house for controlled goods like super-rare Epics or cosmetics. Why not both?

They have said in the FAQ there wont be an auction house. 

1 hour ago, Whoop said:

They have said in the FAQ there wont be an auction house. 

We are well aware of that fact. In my previous post i mentioned why i would love a auction house and there is room for both to co-exist, on Lazy's previous stream he mentioned that you would be able to vend and grind at the same time i would like to suggest adding a messaging system where you get a notification when an item is/was sold not something too crazy just something like a message in your mailbox because that is also another under used facility in the Rose community and i know people are going to jump in and say they constantly use the friends message system etc. but yeah just an idea.

I agree with Ekro that the personal shops is a part of Rose and the overall feel of the game. An auction house would make personal shops a bit redundant, but following Bobbity's suggestion to limit auction houses to rare items might be nice.

In general I like that if I need refine materials I look for shops near the Refine NPC, and that if I need high level mats I go to a high level planet instead of Junon.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 5:00 PM, Ashura said:

That is why we asked for an auction house the fats and effectiveness of it all is what makes it enjoyable. I dont want to level up and then have to siff through countless shops looking for an item where i could have leveled in that time i wasted perusing shops. its not something that rose is known for but it will help alot with the economy because you will have different prices for the same item and it is your choice to decide whether you want to pay that price or negotiate a better price.

Not only that. All those shops cluttering the environment takes away the immersiveness of the game too. But i get that those shops belong to the game. So why not adding extra rules or conditions for the shops. Like:

• You can still be attacked by creatures when putting up a vending shop. So you might wanna choose a save spot. Even if you are a lvl 200+ in Adventure Plains.
  • You have to get a shop license for each planet. Junon is given for free, but you need to buy a license for Luna, Eldeon, Oro etc.. It might involve doing a questline too.
  • 3% zulie tax is added on each sale. Some places are tax free for shop encouragement (like the center square in Junon Polis). Other places are restricted to place shops (besides close to NPC's).
  • There should be an offline mode for shops. However when starting the vending shop you have to choose for how long you want to vend. I would say you could choose between 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours or 48 hours. You can quit vending at any time, but you can't vend longer then the chosen time.
Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1