Jump to content

Average player here.. is Bored while leveling


Angeltje
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am trying so hard to get lvl 100 but its boring cause it takes me forever, doing mindless killing over and over again.
Besides being more of a casual average player, I stream and honestly its kind of boring to see me level atm cause its the same for hours and hours.

Like it took me 1.5hrs yesterday to get from lvl 96-98 just running around killing mindlessly and it gives barely any exp and no fun.
Today it took me another 1.5hr to lvl 98-100.. that's way too long imo, 45min per level is boooring.
Not looking forward to lvl 100+ either, like please no this needs to change, soon.

I want more fun quests for Luna and better exp from monsters. Not just mindlessly having to kill but like hey here fun quest kill x monsters get back get lots of x and get a new quest. Like a story line that is truly rewarding.
Like i do the episode quests and I love it( just dont love the back and forth you have to do at times). So that being more rewarding and more smaller quest lines like it YES please.

Or just improve the exp rates from parties / monsters in itself.  Also the Monster spawn at Luna can improve greatly.

Also don't nerf the repeatable that give zullie it will only screw people like me over.

I look forward to dungeons but currently it feels like I will never reach max level as it takes forever.

I know its not a concrete suggestion... but its feedback on the forums.. so be nice plz

Edited by Angeltje
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OwlchemistVile said:

Episode quest needs the EXP rewards reconfigured to be a viable leveling method.

YES I am currently doing it, besides the back and forth it does. I love it. I want more Story quests! give me more

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luna has some side quests on it from various NPCs and there’s a solo friendly repeatable quest from the respawn saving (Osellisk)guy that offers 20k zulie, 24 valor, 1,7 million xp. 
It takes about 15-30min depending on luck and always party with others doing it at blue crystals because the spawn rate there is slow. Kill 10 white and blue crystals, turn in talk to other NPC and go hunt some bears for barrels. 

There are also Elite king looking mobs with about 18k HP that spawn in various maps that give no loot but give 150-300k xp per kill. 

I agree that there should be a lot more one time exploration, kill a few things, mini story quests. Forgotten Temple just like Goblin Caves has no love but interesting creatures inside. 
 

 


 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Heatfist said:

Luna has some side quests on it from various NPCs and there’s a solo friendly repeatable quest from the respawn saving (Osellisk)guy that offers 20k zulie, 24 valor, 1,7 million xp. 
It takes about 15-30min depending on luck and always party with others doing it at blue crystals because the spawn rate there is slow. Kill 10 white and blue crystals, turn in talk to other NPC and go hunt some bears for barrels. 

There are also Elite king looking mobs with about 18k HP that spawn in various maps that give no loot but give 150-300k xp per kill. 

I agree that there should be a lot more one time exploration, kill a few things, mini story quests. Forgotten Temple just like Goblin Caves has no love but interesting creatures inside. 
 

 


 

 

I hope after I did 2nd job quest i can find some decent quests that dont make me wanna bonk my head, 45min per level is just not enjoyable imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

100-120 is not fun. You’ll need to mix it up with some Penguin quests and the Valor quest. If you find a party for penguins it’s bearable. Eldeon is basically the same thing again except you get more quests and valor and basically kill and run in circles and repeat. It’s faster though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Heatfist said:

100-120 is not fun. You’ll need to mix it up with some Penguin quests and the Valor quest. If you find a party for penguins it’s bearable. Eldeon is basically the same thing again except you get more quests and valor and basically kill and run in circles and repeat. It’s faster though.

I got my last 4 levels in parties and each level took 45min it was indeed not fun. 20 levels to go 😭 on this character

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2023 at 8:47 AM, Angeltje said:

I am trying so hard to get lvl 100 but its boring cause it takes me forever, doing mindless killing over and over again.
Besides being more of a casual average player, I stream and honestly its kind of boring to see me level atm cause its the same for hours and hours.

Like it took me 1.5hrs yesterday to get from lvl 96-98 just running around killing mindlessly and it gives barely any exp and no fun.
Today it took me another 1.5hr to lvl 98-100.. that's way too long imo, 45min per level is boooring.
Not looking forward to lvl 100+ either, like please no this needs to change, soon.

I want more fun quests for Luna and better exp from monsters. Not just mindlessly having to kill but like hey here fun quest kill x monsters get back get lots of x and get a new quest. Like a story line that is truly rewarding.
Like i do the episode quests and I love it( just dont love the back and forth you have to do at times). So that being more rewarding and more smaller quest lines like it YES please.

Or just improve the exp rates from parties / monsters in itself.  Also the Monster spawn at Luna can improve greatly.

Also don't nerf the repeatable that give zullie it will only screw people like me over.

I look forward to dungeons but currently it feels like I will never reach max level as it takes forever.

I know its not a concrete suggestion... but its feedback on the forums.. so be nice plz

yeti rider spot with rupers is the way to go if u wanna reach lvl 100 fast. After that u go killing penguins or bear near the npc till maybe 110 and then try get a group for the maulders or whatever they r called. One pull give u around 250-300k exp. No need to run to npc because it is not worth it unless u die and respawn. Next planet give u 40k+ exp per mob!

Edited by shujin51
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Angeltje said:

the tips are nice, but doesnt change the fact that its a boring grind currently

it is just the way u lvl up in this game. Before they had these quests it was even grindier. Back in the days it took me hours just to get one lvl from 100+. Just watch netflix or yt while grinding. U can brainafk grind these mobs.

Edited by shujin51
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i hate to bring it to ya btw.. but rose online is a grindfest oldschool style mmorpg. so regardless your wievers will mostly either way see u kill the same things over and over and over again xD, because thats just what these old school mmos are. sure u can quest but either way if its repetable quests its again killing the same thing over and over ^^, and those benefit alot of times the most by lvling.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As many other people stated, it is the way the game was made and it is a product of its time. Though I would agree that more leveling methods would be fun it would require to rethink how the game works and is balanced. I feel like more diverse and fun activities would be enjoyable for viewers but the bulk of leveling should still consist of killing monsters and repeatable quests so it stays Rose Online.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, redinis said:

As many other people stated, it is the way the game was made and it is a product of its time. Though I would agree that more leveling methods would be fun it would require to rethink how the game works and is balanced. I feel like more diverse and fun activities would be enjoyable for viewers but the bulk of leveling should still consist of killing monsters and repeatable quests so it stays Rose Online.  

 

11 hours ago, sloxnikox said:

i hate to bring it to ya btw.. but rose online is a grindfest oldschool style mmorpg. so regardless your wievers will mostly either way see u kill the same things over and over and over again xD, because thats just what these old school mmos are. sure u can quest but either way if its repetable quests its again killing the same thing over and over ^^, and those benefit alot of times the most by lvling.

Haha my main issue is that the mindlessly grind is boring for me. Like 45min per 1 level in Luna is waaay too long and boring 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is precisely where the change of buffs shows its impact. Let's face it - the basic grind in ROSE is fairly boring if you don't have a full set of buffs. It's slow, it's monotonous, the PVE combat (at lower levels especially) lacks depth and "meat". Buffs act as a stimulant, making the players feel strong and turning a subpar gameplay loop into something palatable, even enjoyable to some. So, when you remove a key stimulant like strong buffs and repackage it as something considerably weaker (at those levels), you end up highlighting just how mundane and boring the normal gameplay loop is. You can't simply remove the stimulant that gives player the feeling of power and do next to nothing to make what you are left with better, and then expect to have compelling content. 

There is the fact that the game may not be for you. That's true. But there is also the undeniable fact that the game might have been for you, if certain changes were not done. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fietsopa said:

This is precisely where the change of buffs shows its impact. Let's face it - the basic grind in ROSE is fairly boring if you don't have a full set of buffs. It's slow, it's monotonous, the PVE combat (at lower levels especially) lacks depth and "meat". Buffs act as a stimulant, making the players feel strong and turning a subpar gameplay loop into something palatable, even enjoyable to some. So, when you remove a key stimulant like strong buffs and repackage it as something considerably weaker (at those levels), you end up highlighting just how mundane and boring the normal gameplay loop is. You can't simply remove the stimulant that gives player the feeling of power and do next to nothing to make what you are left with better, and then expect to have compelling content. 

There is the fact that the game may not be for you. That's true. But there is also the undeniable fact that the game might have been for you, if certain changes were not done. 

I still love the game but Luna is way too boring and slow imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rose Online is a grindy game probably because its old and will not be 'fixed' until they have fixed other stuff. I know the feeling of not reaching where you aspect to reach before needing to do something because of life. I have the same feeling. I think this is something we have to live with for a while. Its always been like this, so no difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahhh. If you have not known Runescape in the days of old. You would have not known what grinding means. ROSE is a very forgiving grind.

 

Edited by TSGO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...