IN-GAME WIKI or UPDATED DISASSEMBLE TABLE

JavaCoyote

I worked on NA's Wiki for years and I would love to see a solid Wiki here.  If it could be incorporated into the website that would be the best but I think there are some security issues connected with that which would have to be addressed.

We had something like this at the private server I was involved with and we ended up disabling the "vault" for that reason.  That was years ago tho so hopefully things are more secure now.

Either way, I'm happy to work on the Wiki if we end up having one.

16 hours ago, JavaCoyote said:

Since we are staying to our old-school roots, can we have an official wiki when we get to Beta? xD

Hello JavaCoyote,

A wiki page is planned with a possible future plan to integrated one in game based on the monsters you discover/kill.

Thank you !

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

I've been following owlchemist_vile on Twitch recently (Loving his streams! Great engagement with the content etc)...

I did notice however that today he was just disassembling random items from the vendors over and over again.. sort of like a trial and error - now he was obviously looking for specific materials to make his next item, but he didn't know what he was disassembling from the shop and what they would give him.... I think a reallllly strong feature for the whole game would be to make an in-game wiki or update the disassembly table to see what items being broken down are going to potentially give you and their chance to receive etc... 

Edit: I think its call an ARMORY - Lists all the maps/drops/zones/info about items etc.. - Having this in game would be helpful.

Edited by Gangsta D
See Edit Note
  • Like 2

Disassembling at NA was always frustrating because of the randomness of what you got.  It never really made sense to me.  If you disassemble an item, why doesn't it give back the materials that were needed to craft that item? 

It would probably take a lot of work to change that for every equipment item sold by the NPC's but it's just much more logical for disassembling to give you back at least some amount of the materials you need to craft that item.

• Like 3

Since craft recipes and breaklist tables are contained in STBs I bet I could throw together a utility that would automatically load up the break table (with reduced amounts just to make it fair) in under an hour. lol

Stuff that isn't actually craftable would take a bit longer though

Edited by PurpleYouko
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Gangsta D said:

Hello Everyone!

I've been following owlchemist_vile on Twitch recently (Loving his streams! Great engagement with the content etc)...

I did notice however that today he was just disassembling random items from the vendors over and over again.. sort of like a trial and error - now he was obviously looking for specific materials to make his next item, but he didn't know what he was disassembling from the shop and what they would give him.... I think a reallllly strong feature for the whole game would be to make an in-game wiki or update the disassembly table to see what items being broken down are going to potentially give you and their chance to receive etc... 

Edit: I think its call an ARMORY - Lists all the maps/drops/zones/info about items etc.. - Having this in game would be helpful.

Maybe PurpleYouko will just make their compendium again but I am slowly working my way towards an "ARMORY"

I have found the LIST_BREAK stb which seems to show material numbers but I cannot for the life of me find where the materials themselves are at to correlate the list
image.thumb.png.a95beeacb1dece8be06213ba94dec5e5.png

Oh my god I might have just found it!
LIST_NATURAL.STB

image.thumb.png.d7a04b71896e4fa845c1510d7e375b74.png

The problem is the "Material No 1" column of the list_break does not match up to anything in the list_natural... as far as I can tell the only thing that is actually unique for the list_natural is the icon number and even that doesn't seem to match up to the list_break.....

So i am stumped for now....

Edited by MittelDank

13 hours ago, PurpleYouko said:

Since craft recipes and breaklist tables are contained in STBs I bet I could throw together a utility that would automatically load up the break table (with reduced amounts just to make it fair) in under an hour. lol

Stuff that isn't actually craftable would take a bit longer though

Man... If you could create something like this and for it to possibly be implemented that would be outstanding... A real QUALITY OF LIFE update indeed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MittelDank said:

Maybe PurpleYouko will just make their compendium again but I am slowly working my way towards an "ARMORY"

I have found the LIST_BREAK stb which seems to show material numbers but I cannot for the life of me find where the materials themselves are at to correlate the list
image.thumb.png.a95beeacb1dece8be06213ba94dec5e5.png

Oh my god I might have just found it!
LIST_NATURAL.STB

image.thumb.png.d7a04b71896e4fa845c1510d7e375b74.png

The problem is the "Material No 1" column of the list_break does not match up to anything in the list_natural... as far as I can tell the only thing that is actually unique for the list_natural is the icon number and even that doesn't seem to match up to the list_break.....

So i am stumped for now....

Wow... It looks like you have a ton going on... An ARMORY for ROSE ONLINE Official game would be extremely beneficial to the whole community, its very own - almost WIKI like content would seriously be fantastic... Keep up the great work :)) 

• Like 1

You're looking in the wrong STB. lol

Item 100002058 is item type 10 which is found in STB table LIST_USEITEM.STB

Rusted Iron is item 1 in table LIST_NATURAL.STB and would appear as item number 12001 in LIST_BREAK

if any item number is greater than 999 (2058 in this case) the format of the type number changes so type 10 becomes 10000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1