Duel system

Kai

51 minutes ago, averybee1022 said:

It's really not taking credit for other peoples work, but just the idea. you're literally the one who said "We may as well grab all the server files from a particular iRose server and just dump it all on this server. That’ll save us a whole bunch of time. " Yes  what you said would be stealing someone else's work as they directly worked on those files, and you're just copy and pasting them. But If Rednim worked on a way to implement this feature themselves it would not be stealing anybody's work but rather taking inspiration from an idea. 

It's not like fast food restaurants are going to give other ones credit for inspiring their idea to make chicken fingers, or wendy's giving credit to dairy queen because they inspired their frostees.

Anyways, sure if it was an extremely unique idea that not many games have, maybe give them a mention for inspiring the idea, but its not stealing its not like they trademarked the duel feature or anything. Anyways, you're completely being hypocritical as you're literally the one who said we should directly steal their work and implement the files they worked on when possibly introducing this idea because it will "save us a whole bunch of time" so if you are trying to blame anyone else for stealing other peoples work, blame yourself because you're the only one implying we should do that.

You have selective reading.. meaning you only read what you want and run away with it. 

Again, it’s an exaggeration. It was said because the majority of people making “suggestions” (including yourself) take the idea of others and post them as your own. 

If you were to draft a thesis for university and you take someone else’s idea, would the professor say “clearly it was an inspiration, no citation necessary!” No, they wouldn’t, it’s plagiarism. They’d expect you to properly cite where this idea came from and not take it as your own. Give credit where credit is due. 

And yes, I’m perfectly aware of the policy regarding active private servers and I’ve already given an answer for that, too. Go ahead and actually read before quoting. 

I’d also like to mention that when it comes to development, it’s a whole different ball game. Unless the team actually takes the files from another, they don’t have to necessarily give credit because it’s their own work (coding, UI, etc). Nothing is being used to reference their build or version. 

Go on, now, Avery. Keep giving yourself thumbs up from your different accounts and posting ideas of others without giving them proper mention. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

You have selective reading.. meaning you only read what you want and run away with it. 

Again, it’s an exaggeration. It was said because the majority of people making “suggestions” (including yourself) take the idea of others and post them as your own. 

If you were to draft a thesis for university and you take someone else’s idea, would the professor say “clearly it was an inspiration, no citation necessary!” No, they wouldn’t, it’s plagiarism. They’d expect you to properly cite where this idea came from and not take it as your own. Give credit where credit is due. 

And yes, I’m perfectly aware of the policy regarding active private servers and I’ve already given an answer for that, too. Go ahead and actually read before quoting. 

I’d also like to mention that when it comes to development, it’s a whole different ball game. Unless the team actually takes the files from another, they don’t have to necessarily give credit because it’s their own work (coding, UI, etc). Nothing is being used to reference their build or version. 

Go on, now, Avery. Keep giving yourself thumbs up from your different accounts and posting ideas of others without giving them proper mention. 

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

i

I read your the whole post it doesn't matter if it's an exaggeration you are literally the only one implying we should steal someone elses work and blaming others for doing so. we're not talking about a thesis or an essay obviously stealing ideas in that circumstance would be wrong but this is the video game industry, games take ideas from games all the time, and it's up to you as the developer of that implementation if you want to give credit to that person or not, it's your right to take it if its not copyrighted as its public information and anyone could go into the game and take inspiration for any idea. Now you're just trying to personally attack me, i did not like my last comments, i only did it in a couple to piss you off because you were acting as if bothered you and it seemed like it worked as you're still talking about it multiple posts later.  Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree as it seems like you're not understanding a word. 

Edited by averybee1022

2 minutes ago, averybee1022 said:

i

I read your the whole post it doesn't matter if it's an exaggeration you are literally the only one implying we should steal someone elses work and blaming others for doing so. we're not talking about a thesis or an essay obviously stealing ideas in that circumstance would be wrong but this is the video game industry, games take ideas from games all the time, and it's up to you as the developer of that implementation if you want to give credit to that person or not, it's your right to take it if its not copyrighted as its public information and anyone could go into the game and take inspiration for any idea. Now you're just trying to personally attack me, i did not like my last comments, i only did it to piss you off because you mentioned it bothered you.  

Then I guess you need to take some classes on sarcasm to understand anything else I write moving forward. Or maybe I should just end my sarcastic comments with a /s so you’re not easily confused. Would that solve this issue? /s

Again, I’m not talking about any MMO, I’m talking about Rose in general. If you want to borrow ideas from WoW, Lost Ark, Subnautoca, etc, then by all means. But when it pertains to the same game it’s a different story. Yes, inspirations are allowed, no denial there. This doesn’t have anything to do with the devs, but rather specific users that are coming up with “ideas” and every aspect of the mechanics are being suggested and it’s clearly taken from another server in which we’re not supposed to name. There is a way to give credit without naming the server. Read above. 

I’m personally attacking you because I’m calling out what you’re doing in regards to your 3+ other accounts about liking your own posts? Lol. Get real. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Dueling would be cool.

Would also be neat to have jousting with carts or mounts too. Have some tournament grounds specifically for it with an NPC that can take in bets for the combatants.

Dueling for money could lead to scams depending on how it’s initiated. Unless it’s also handled through a NPC in certain areas. So there could be fun free dueling anywhere and designated dueling areas with NPC for betting if people want to get competitive and have an audience. 

2 hours ago, Heatfist said:

Dueling would be cool.

Would also be neat to have jousting with carts or mounts too. Have some tournament grounds specifically for it with an NPC that can take in bets for the combatants.

Dueling for money could lead to scams depending on how it’s initiated. Unless it’s also handled through a NPC in certain areas. So there could be fun free dueling anywhere and designated dueling areas with NPC for betting if people want to get competitive and have an audience. 

Jousting would be awesome! We can also get it to be themed during certain times of the year. Reindeers can be used instead of horses and a very long candy cane can be used to throw each other off. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Heatfist said:

The duelling system I knew, you requested to duel someone, just like the trading skill. And then both people added an amount and chose a best out of x number, the money was deducted from both players and then added back to whoever won automatically. So it was all 'safe' in terms of how the money was handled by the server. The main issue with that system was that it could be used to dupe zulie through various means of manipulation / logging / disconnects, etc. So the solution was technically safe, just not well implemented, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It will be a nice and excited experience to have duel system ⚔️

I know we currently have some open PVP maps, but you know some times you and your friends (maybe a rival too haha) want to have a quick duel at any time, for fun or to test some kind of skill or even a stat build... It will be a brand new system, maybe a little complex to add in the actual game engine, buuuut, I get excite just to imagine that!

Regards from AkrooS!