Guns no bueno?

Mr Nambu

When I first played ROSE many years back, I had a ton of fun using guns as a dealer. I noticed in this new iteration that guns are vastly underpowered compared to launchers hence 95% of everyone using launchers. Ive also yet to find out how to craft ammo like I use to. Any1 know if they plan to polish up the dealer class a lil? 

• Like 3

Launchers were massively buffed for some reason. They used to have a based attack speed of 0.35 and now it is 0.6, which is pretty much doubling it and putting it above guns. Base attack speed also affects scaling, so getting bonus attack speed is now much more effective. Launchers already have more damage than guns, so it doesn't make sense that they get to attack faster too.

Guns rely on their excitable trigger finger passive to attack faster, but it doesn't add that much attack speed. I believe when maxed out it provides +50% attack speed for 3 seconds after attacking 10 times. 50% of 0.5 attack speed is 0.25, so for three seconds the gunner does an extra 0.25 attacks. 0.25 x 3 = 0.75. So for every 10 attacks, a gun gets off an extra 0.75 attacks. The key gun passive gives a mere 7.5% increase in dps assuming you stand there shooting for 10-15 seconds.

Guns need more base attack speed or a better passive. Make it trigger with fewer attacks like every 8, or make the activation a higher percentage.

• Like 1

*holds up his hands and shrugs*

I assume *eventually* when enough bugs have been squashed, little things like being able to craft shells before level 70 will be a thing. Or being able to use crafting in the field for things like landmines, sentries, specialized summons etc. Or that guns will be used properly.

My hope is that we'll have a fully-automatic Rapid Fire active skill or something similar, and that Sniping is turned into an actual sniping skill. I have almost no hopes and zero confidence in all the other good stuff happening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yea I just found the info on the weapons/skills from old ROSE. HUGE differences and explains whats happened. Take the bubble gun for example, the very first gun. It has the same attack power as the 5th gun in line (Iron Shotgun) in the new rose, and no ammo variants in the new rose (I miss my Chromium Rounds!). Same story for skills. I think the dealer class is clearly incomplete but being alpha build I guess its ok for now. At least we can still play the class and the game for that matter. 

Edited by Mr Nambu

3 hours ago, Mr Nambu said:

Yea I just found the info on the weapons/skills from old aruara ROSE armory.aruarose. HUGE differences and explains whats happened. Take the bubble gun for example, the very first gun. It has the same attack power as the 5th gun in line (Iron Shotgun) in the new rose, and no ammo variants in the new rose (I miss my Chromium Rounds!). Same story for skills. I think the dealer class is clearly incomplete but being alpha build I guess its ok for now. At least we can still play the class and the game for that matter. 

There are ammo variants, both in npc (higher level maps) and from craft, they give minimal difference in damage though

Rest i agree, guns became kinda weapon of experiment, launcher seems best way for dealer/bourg in many reasons

• 3 weeks later...

Yea Rednim inadvertently made Cannons/Launchers beyond over-powered compared to Guns by doubling their speed. Prior to this change, Cannons were still the preferable weapon for both Bourge and Artisans in PvE. Cannon Bourge were also insanely good in PvP. This was all pre-buff.

Outside of that, Gun bourge is incredibly unappealing as there is little to no synergy in it's kit. A good example is it's 2 "defensive" skills. Reflect Aura, and their Dodge buff. There is a unique spell that combines those two, so you have both benefits at the same time, since without it, they're on a shared cooldown. However, Why would you want to Dodge more, when you're trying to offensively reflect damage at an attacker for higher pressure? It's counter to the goal entirely. Gun absolutely needs a re-work, or some TLC. The same can be said about Artisans combat aspect, it's incredibly lacking defensively.