Muse's buffs

Zephyos

If you already weren’t aware, the muse/cleric class had some buffs removed. I’ve listed them below. 

Secondly, the party buffs wont be available until level 20.

Muses now have party Magic Resistance Up, Max Mp Up, Enhance Damage, Int buff, and they also have another enhance damage buff just for themselves

Soldiers now have party Attack Power Up, Defense Up, Max Hp Up and Str buff

Hawkers now have party Movement Speed Up, Dodge Up, Attack Speed Up and Dex buff

Dealers now have Accuracy Up, Critical Up, Con, and Sen buffs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Avatar said:

If you already weren’t aware, the muse/cleric class had some buffs removed. I’ve listed them below. 

Secondly, the party buffs wont be available until level 20.

Muses now have party Magic Resistance Up, Max Mp Up, Enhance Damage, Int buff, and they also have another enhance damage buff just for themselves

Soldiers now have party Attack Power Up, Defense Up, Max Hp Up and Str buff

Hawkers now have party Movement Speed Up, Dodge Up, Attack Speed Up and Dex buff

Dealers now have Accuracy Up, Critical Up, Con, and Sen buffs

But can a muse/cleric still buff you when they are at max level? i mean will they still be useful or helpful for grinding or leveling my low level characters, sorry for the dumb question. 

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, k4rev said:

They just ruined the Muse/Cleric Job Class. Period. 🙂

I don't think we're ruined. Firstly try leveling in an AOE group without a support muse/cleric. We're very much in demand. Additionally my battle cleric style muse packs quite a punch and has massive self sustain. Im enjoying what Rednim have done despite being quite apprehensive about it. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I still don't understand why the muse class gets an unannounced nerf: taking near all joy out of the game "for me." I'm hoping for more of a change in the full release.

A suggested thought would be maybe, you can make the buffs party based to avoid the common "buffs pliz!"

2 hours ago, ESRever21 said:

I still don't understand why the muse class gets an unannounced nerf: taking near all joy out of the game "for me." I'm hoping for more of a change in the full release.

A suggested thought would be maybe, you can make the buffs party based to avoid the common "buffs pliz!"

Unannounced nerf? The information on removing all the buffs from cleric job has been stated for a very long time all over Discord and several topics on the forums. No where were these changes unannounced. 

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

Unannounced nerf? The information on removing all the buffs from cleric job has been stated for a very long time all over Discord and several topics on the forums. No where were these changes unannounced. 

The status effects being reduced from 10-15 to a mere 5 seconds is a major problem which was not announced (Mana Bolt amd Hellfire both reduced to 5sec effects and Voltage Jolt/Storm 2sec) 

I do not mind the longer cooldowns for spammable skills but status effects drastically down when a ghosts or shamans effects lasts for 20secs is definitely unfair.

• Sad 1

^This.

My muse was level 38 for months. A few weeks back I leveled her to 61, where she's remained since. My mage that I leveled to 121 and took to Xita suffered a random rollback down to 104 (and Luna, sadly) and stayed at that level for more than a month. I just couldn't muster the desire to go through artillery penguins etc all over again. I leveled her back up to 120 earlier today and took screenshots this time, just in case someone tries to mess with me again. Either way, there was a definite demotivating barrier I had to overcome. All of this is a long way of saying that we're playing muses with a lot fewer instant microgratifications and all that good stuff that kept us going. Buffing random noobs feels really good. Being super-useful, regarded as critical, even, feels good. A party ain't a party without a muse - and that's where we went wrong. We created a forced rigid meta and we doubled down on it. How do we fix this? Where do we go from here?

We can go from this point and make something different but better. Easily, even. Make all class skills more interesting. Currently, 70% of most class skill trees are flat, limp and uninspiring. You can't even tweak the numbers or you ruin the leveling meta or the PvP meta or the farming meta... blah blah blah. Just stop having stupid skills. Change them.

Give muses more interesting abilities, things like resetting a monster's aggro to neutral, exorcising ghosts, raising dead teammates to life from remote locations (or even TO remote locations!), summoning stationary holy lightning as a cleric upgrade to their lightning skill(s), make MDEF UP buff a lot stronger, enough that it makes more than just a token difference against ghosts; add a status resistance / duration reduction effect vs debuffs... I could go on and on, and if you looked through the old Suggestions subforum you'd see I already have. The devs have a cornucopia of ideas to draw from. They should start leveraging that so people stop missing the old and look forward to the new.

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, Bobbity said:

^This.

My muse was level 38 for months. A few weeks back I leveled her to 61, where she's remained since. My mage that I leveled to 121 and took to Xita suffered a random rollback down to 104 (and Luna, sadly) and stayed at that level for more than a month. I just couldn't muster the desire to go through artillery penguins etc all over again. I leveled her back up to 120 earlier today and took screenshots this time, just in case someone tries to mess with me again. Either way, there was a definite demotivating barrier I had to overcome. All of this is a long way of saying that we're playing muses with a lot fewer instant microgratifications and all that good stuff that kept us going. Buffing random noobs feels really good. Being super-useful, regarded as critical, even, feels good. A party ain't a party without a muse - and that's where we went wrong. We created a forced rigid meta and we doubled down on it. How do we fix this? Where do we go from here?

We can go from this point and make something different but better. Easily, even. Make all class skills more interesting. Currently, 70% of most class skill trees are flat, limp and uninspiring. You can't even tweak the numbers or you ruin the leveling meta or the PvP meta or the farming meta... blah blah blah. Just stop having stupid skills. Change them.

Give muses more interesting abilities, things like resetting a monster's aggro to neutral, exorcising ghosts, raising dead teammates to life from remote locations (or even TO remote locations!), summoning stationary holy lightning as a cleric upgrade to their lightning skill(s), make MDEF UP buff a lot stronger, enough that it makes more than just a token difference against ghosts; add a status resistance / duration reduction effect vs debuffs... I could go on and on, and if you looked through the old Suggestions subforum you'd see I already have. The devs have a cornucopia of ideas to draw from. They should start leveraging that so people stop missing the old and look forward to the new.

Grinding is really a pain. It also adds up not good party members who AFK for my whole time playing in this server. I remember someone from ruins getting angry and started killing us after kicking him out after he leeches for a long time. 

Hope they give at least 5 basic buffs again to Muse and Clerics. 

Hard to find party and if you're a newbie you'll be grinding almost forever without items. At least buffs will aid them. 

Yeah I hope Clerics will have holy attacks. Since their implementing elements. I mean FS Cleric doesn't even have a good offensive magic skill. 

Currently FS Clerics have High Int for nothing. Since buffs are removed. At least make them a Magic Attacks that are useful. I mean I played Ragnarok of Gravity and Acolytes have even more useful skill tree than clerics. And even Priest and High Priest has better option. 

• 1 month later...

It's unfortunate the buffs were removed. Buffing people was half the fun of having a cleric before.

I've been leveling a battle cleric and while people are right, it is self sustaining, but it's certainly not very powerful and that really takes away from this character. I was hoping that if we are practically useless as a support muse, we could at least be a powerful battle cleric, but it doesn't seem the case. Perhaps it can be powerful once you reach a high enough level with great gear that will take an average player a year or so to obtain though.

I for one wish they kept the buffs on the cleric. Even making them slightly weaker than the current buffs on each character is better than what it is now. I believe that would help solve the problem of the many people that don't always want big groups to party with but can still get a slightly less powerful set of buffs from a friendly cleric and be on their merry way to level solo. And for the people who love to party with all sorts of characters, they can still be rewarded with more powerful buffs from each party member.

In conclusion, please bring back buffs for fs muse/cleric. It's boring as heck to play right now.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 6:07 PM, ESRever21 said:

It's kind of funny; as of right now I have one buff on my muse while, my dealer has 3. lol

Yeah, it is pretty sad right now. Thanks to the skill reset, I learn and unlearn that buff as needed. Tbh, most of the time it's pointless and flames +focus healing are more important. Since clerics don't really have buffs anymore, no-one expects clerics to buff them. (Well, except those trash-talking fire elementals, of course. We should really do something about that lot.)  Do we still need buffs on clerics though? Dealer and soldier buffs are very potent force multipliers and hawker buffs tend to be icing on the cake. What buffs do clerics even have to offer? I, for one, would gladly give up MDEF UP, +Enhanced DMG, MP UP and INT UP for something cool and useful. 

Anyway, what we're missing is that superhero experience, swooping in to save the day and make it better for the common people. We want to put a smile on their faces and fly away smiling, ready for the next superhero landing. Since muses are being given short shrift as overcompensation for their previous OP circumstances, let's find a happy medium in-between those extremes. Here's what I'm thinking:

- Muses get to summon bonfires and swords and, as clerics they can summon elementals and dragons. Why not let muses be the only class to natively use these summons as mounts? This would also encourage muses to learn Mana Shield early to profit from their mount move speed. (xianxia flying sword when?)

- Bring back Angelic Chant (in name only) but have the effect scale in reverse to the affected unit's level. The higher the level, the less effective the buff. Effect: 1/2/3/4/5% increased exp gain, +5% +1/2/3/4/5 allstats

- Add another PvM-only skill after Soul Revive called Guardian Angel. Effect: When the player takes lethal damage, the player cannot take physical or magical damage for 5 seconds. Upon death, the player is revived with 0% exp loss no matter their means of revival.

The above ideas should fill the gap somewhat when it comes to the missing muse/cleric experience. The question is, of course, if the devs think this is worth implementing. I'll need feedback on this before I post this in the Ideas subforum.

Edited by Bobbity
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...