Cleric Suggestions

Kai

I still remember when they (former developer of iRose) announced that INT will no longer affect cleric buffs, the main reason was to "make charm useful in game".  

I have to totally disagree with that because, if they really want to make charm useful, in hope that players will give more attention to charm, I think it's totally unwise to 'sacrifice' just cleric. Not everyone play clerics, yes we still need the buffs, most of us are dual clienting with clerics but that's it. 

If I remember correctly, I can't really remember well what charm really does in game but maybe related to drop rate or appraisal rate, etc? But in my opinion, it will be so much nicer if all jobs can really utilize charm, like  a global benefit, so not just 1 class benefit from charm. Like I honestly think charm increasing drop rate/appraisal rate is good enough. Bourg or people who play other classes to farm will really consider pumping charm for the sake of farming.

FS cleric needs str/dex/int so if buff depends on charm it's really messing up the build. I've played 3 licensed rose before and the charm update on iRose was the worst I've ever had in those years. and I believe it's not only me, most  players who's maining cleric felt the same.

Please re-consider this! thank you so much!♥

Edited by Rebus
Made the title more general to allow more cleric suggestions.
  • Like 4

• Rebus changed the title to Cleric Suggestions

Let's make this a collection thread of all cleric suggestions. Please do not turn this into a discussion of individual Cleric suggestions. There will be a time and place for that. Let's just see the ideas for now.

As most of you will know, the dev team already has some ideas about addressing the issues with the Cleric and will test them out during alpha.

just spitballing here,

seperate muses from clerics.

Muses can be divided into fire mage, ice mage and storm mage, each with their own advantages.

The new clerics will be monks using unarmed kicks and punches or wooden staves and use strength and charm, monks later turn into paladins using powerfists or massive 2h hammers.

ofc they are not as strong as DPS classes, bu they have the new buffs the def team is working on to even this out.

This way the new clerics dont need int, and charm gains more purpose for this class. 
Charm keeps its purpose for all other classes that it still increases drop rate / quest exp( not sure about this one)

I remember during the early days when we pondered on what exactly is charm. My friend would make an argument that his drop rate increased and some would call bullshit.
I don't know if it ever was implemented as such but i do love the concept of a "luck" stat, which could be considered as charm. 

To be frank the fact that "charm" improved buff doesn't really make a lot of sense, while it may be easier as a dev to consider for balance it doesn't really compute.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shid0x said:

I remember during the early days when we pondered on what exactly is charm. My friend would make an argument that his drop rate increased and some would call bullshit.
I don't know if it ever was implemented as such but i do love the concept of a "luck" stat, which could be considered as charm. 

To be frank the fact that "charm" improved buff doesn't really make a lot of sense, while it may be easier as a dev to consider for balance it doesn't really compute.

Yup. it's not even 'balance', like only cleric benefit from charms. Balance is when all jobs can benefit from the stats. I really really hope dev team would consider this, and just give INT all its glory back. Since INT is main stat for muse class anyway, stripping INT off cleric is just weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand dex/ int were important for a cleric but str? What kind of weird build were you playing lol. I do agree however to keep int as buffs and charm as a stat that effects drops though

Edited by Avery

I agree with you, Kai.

15 hours ago, Kai said:

I still remember when they (former developer of iRose) announced that INT will no longer affect cleric buffs, the main reason was to "make charm useful in game".  

I have to totally disagree with that because, if they really want to make charm useful, in hope that players will give more attention to charm, I think it's totally unwise to 'sacrifice' just cleric. Not everyone play clerics, yes we still need the buffs, most of us are dual clienting with clerics but that's it. 

If I remember correctly, I can't really remember well what charm really does in game but maybe related to drop rate or appraisal rate, etc? But in my opinion, it will be so much nicer if all jobs can really utilize charm, like  a global benefit, so not just 1 class benefit from charm. Like I honestly think charm increasing drop rate/appraisal rate is good enough. Bourg or people who play other classes to farm will really consider pumping charm for the sake of farming.

FS cleric needs str/dex/int so if buff depends on charm it's really messing up the build. I've played 3 licensed rose before and the charm update on iRose was the worst I've ever had in those years. and I believe it's not only me, most  players who's maining cleric felt the same.

Please re-consider this! thank you so much!♥

8 hours ago, Avery said:

I understand dex/ int were important for a cleric but str? What kind of weird build were you playing lol. I do agree however to keep int as buffs and charm as a stat that effects drops though

there's always 2 type of FS cleric

DEX cleric, and STR cleric

When did you start to play? because before the EVO, the passive from off-hand shield were not implemented so ALL FS clerics never considered pumping dex, in the very beginning every clerics pumped max int and goes STR after that, wearing the real shield, not offhand like elven harp, lunatic candy bar, etc.

After EVO, cleric get that extra benefit from offhand passive so that's when DEX FS cleric started to appear, leaving real shield behind.

And some people like to mix between STR and DEX. Because why not? STR gives you huge HP, huge DEF. I owned at least 5 FS clerics trying different builds and STR DEX mix isn't bad. even pure STR cleric with only reinforced gears were doing really good in CD.

Edited by Kai
typo

Not saying pure dex FS cleric is bad, pure dex-int cleric is good, I like them. But, pure dex int cleric with 0 str is just not my favorite. everyone has different playstyle. In my case, I like well-round build where I can be almost as tanky as knight, with decent dodge from dex.