Add cooldown to stat reset skill.

Heatfist

Having unlimited stat resets whenever can be used to exploit quest reward amounts with charm stat. Charm stat states that it increases quest rewards. So if someone were to reset stats and put them all in charm before every quest turn in, they would yield more reward each time. Adding a cooldown of a few hours would be great!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Add a cooldown, sure I'm in favor of it - a couple hours will be more than enough. But please no. Do not add a zullie requirement to it, at least not for early game. You see, we are already at an early state of the game where a lot of the things get nerfed in response to late game shenanigans - that (in)directly hurt the newbies, like me. I have barely time to play so I do not have massive amounts of cash, the occasions I do have time to play the server happens to be in maintenance quite often (not anyones fault though, just amplifying my situation!). When I do login however I am so happy with the feature that I can freely respec to a new build whenever I want to. As a hawker main (lvl 83), the fact that I can consider if I want to play dual swords or katar today is extremely pleasant. Binding a requirement cost to it hurts my pocket a lot and directly affects whether I should save up for a new armor piece or a skill/stat reset.

If anything - IF we are going down the road binding requirements to skill/stat resets, my suggestion would be to bind certain requirements to the level of your character, for example;

• lv 0-50 | FREE resets anytime
    You're too new to have any solid cash income and experimenting with what you would want to become should be encouraged
  • lv 51-80 | FREE resets every 30 minutes
    You have a better understanding of your class and start to learn how  to make a bit of zulie, still experimenting but not as heavy
  • lv 81-100 | 50k per reset every 1 hour
    At this point you should've made a bit of zulie doing repeatable quests. Fully understand your base class.
  • lv 101-120 | 100k per reset every 1 hour 
    At this point you get 2nd job so build-experimenting is important, you also made quite some zulie or know how to make zulie outside quest rewards
  • lv 121-150 | 200k per reset every 2 hours
    At this point you should have an understanding of your build and direction you're going with, you are viable enough to farm monsters for cash income
  • lv 151-179 | 300k per reset every 4 hours
    At this point you're viable with your build, can farm whatever you want to so requirements are more strict
  • lv 180-240 | 500k per reset every 8 hours
    Repeatable bone quest gives plenty of income, huge diversity of farmable monsters, build should be stable and viable for most of the content
  • lv 240+ | 800k per reset every 1 hour
    (Take this with a grain of salt, I can only imagine what end-game is) At this point main focus becomes PvP or end-game dungeons, for that you'd want dynamic builds so the TIME requirements gets lowered but you have solid understanding of zulie income so the zulie requirement should be high as a tradeoff.

In fact, take anything beyond lvl 150 with a grain of salt. This is just for idea purposes IF the team decides to bind requirements to resets.

Edited by Lapar

On 12/14/2022 at 12:15 PM, Heatfist said:

Having unlimited stat resets whenever can be used to exploit quest reward amounts with charm stat. Charm stat states that it increases quest rewards. So if someone were to reset stats and put them all in charm before every quest turn in, they would yield more reward each time. Adding a cooldown of a few hours would be great!

Unfortunately charm reset does NOT make a difference on late turn ins, well especially on zulie quests. Exp will be slightly more but it’s almost not even worth it.

also a little hint to players, resetting to max charm will not, I repeat not give you better stats on appraisals.

1 hour ago, rayun said:

I agree with cooldown but not price, this will only let richer players do reset and not new/low level ones 

Read the post below me, as mine 500k just a mid price only.

Over here "nerfing" and "rich always stay rich" is very common over here. Just you have to accept all this.

Edited by iicycube