Charm Buff Sets

Oziarch

Now that every class has an equal share in buffing, every player will be expected to have a charm set to equip when they are buffing the party. I am going to list the best items for each slot that I can remember. On a side not many of the items came strictly from the item mall so they may not be achievable on the current version of the game at least until a new way to receive the items is added.

Every piece will ideally have a 30 charm sub stat. Beryl [7] is less charm unless you have 400 base charm in your build after the main stat changes that came with the latest skill update to NA Rose. (I didn't play while Beryl[10] existed so I don't know how much base charm would be needed to out scale the 30 charm sub stat) 

Head: Shamrock Hat (Item Mall) Leprechaun Hat (Event)

Body: Servant Uniform (Item Mall)

Hands: Moldie Innertube (Event)

Boots: Rubber Rainboots (Item Mall)

Face: Heart Sunglasses (Event) 

Back: Summer Backpack (Event)

Weapon: Highest Level Legendary One Handed weapon you can equip or Hammer if Artisan

Offhand: Tutankhamun's Mammy or Mummy Doll

Ring: Beautiful ring

Necklace: Hiria's Tear

Earring: Beautiful Earing

I doubt they will remove the stats from items and leave them in the item mall. I think it's more likely that the items in the item mall that currently have stats will be taken out of the item mall and added into the game from other sources. For example the Shamrock Hat could be added as an extra rare drop from the leprechaun chests, the servant uniform could come from a funny quest line in Junon Polis where you are helping Harin (she wears a red recolor of the maid outfit) set up a new store or something, and the rain boots could be added to a new spring time event.

Removing bonus stats from items in the files is pretty trivial. The majority of costume items in the Item Mall will likely be left in the Item Mall with no stats. If they only left normally no stat cosmetics in there I feel like there wouldn't be much to buy lol. But it would be cool to see statted alternatives being offered in Events.

Edited by Sneaux

4 hours ago, Oziarch said:

I doubt they will remove the stats from items and leave them in the item mall. I think it's more likely that the items in the item mall that currently have stats will be taken out of the item mall and added into the game from other sources. For example the Shamrock Hat could be added as an extra rare drop from the leprechaun chests, the servant uniform could come from a funny quest line in Junon Polis where you are helping Harin (she wears a red recolor of the maid outfit) set up a new store or something, and the rain boots could be added to a new spring time event.

The item mall has been converted to cosmetic items only. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LordAlbion said:

It's my understanding that buff sets were a 'bug' that the old devs did not see fit to correct. I may be wrong tho.

This is inaccurate. The days of buffsets were eliminated back in like 2013/2014. I was a very active player during this time. Buffsets were a great way to min/max your build.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:25 PM, Oziarch said:

Now that every class has an equal share in buffing, every player will be expected to have a charm set to equip when they are buffing the party. I am going to list the best items for each slot that I can remember. On a side not many of the items came strictly from the item mall so they may not be achievable on the current version of the game at least until a new way to receive the items is added.

Every piece will ideally have a 30 charm sub stat. Beryl [7] is less charm unless you have 400 base charm in your build after the main stat changes that came with the latest skill update to NA Rose. (I didn't play while Beryl[10] existed so I don't know how much base charm would be needed to out scale the 30 charm sub stat) 

Head: Shamrock Hat (Item Mall) Leprechaun Hat (Event)

Body: Servant Uniform (Item Mall)

Hands: Moldie Innertube (Event)

Boots: Rubber Rainboots (Item Mall)

Face: Heart Sunglasses (Event) 

Back: Summer Backpack (Event)

Weapon: Highest Level Legendary One Handed weapon you can equip or Hammer if Artisan

Offhand: Tutankhamun's Mammy or Mummy Doll

Ring: Beautiful ring

Necklace: Hiria's Tear

Earring: Beautiful Earing

As previously stated, Item Mall items will no longer have stats. Also,  unless this gets changed, charm can have a max substat of 40 not 30.   You can find items with charm for every armor slot in various events.  If you are talking about max level characters, the Drifter accessory set for lvl 240 has 35 base charm, which is more than the Beautiful accessories.  Beryls can only be put in accessories, body, and weapon.

One thing to remember in general is the fact that we don't have reroll hammers anymore and I'm not sure if we will.  So getting items with the max substat of charm or any stat really, is going to be very difficult.  The job class main stat also affects the power of self buffs so honestly charm buff sets are not really needed imo.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

image.png.27d12aa111de943895cdd4b620be570b.png
image.png.0eac55934e4e5f4e4e7a0879e2cfb839.png
Can confirm that the difference a buffset makes, to having no buffset at all is marginal.
(Only effects your team not yourself as mentioned) 
image.png.309a6c136d31a661bf54283e58a4f88f.pngimage.png.de6a62fff27a1ce3213d04d094987fa0.pngimage.png.b3ed339555018ce726509521e70630be.png
image.png.b9a5db2ae90693327e0541050634d8fc.pngimage.png.c88b77eb5afb415996d587c98c21e22a.png
image.png.69a83ca0f1f8e6c1b7f8fe2340c15464.pngimage.png.9370b1db6be3d1c2f23df97646324d26.png
So I am not showing all of the items, but I am sure what I've shown gives the point. yeah, I am missing about 50 charm (or so) 

The difference in AP from players on my team is about 28AP more with the buffset
(not really worth the 100m zullie investment) - Or the space it takes up. 

However. The way my friends and I play, minmaxing in such a way, is worth it to us. However, it can be argued that the time we save from the EXTRA AP is lost in the time it takes to change the buffset. Something I have yet to calculate. 

On 11/20/2022 at 12:21 PM, HoneyBuns said:

So getting items with the max substat of charm or any stat really, is going to be very difficult.

Near impossible more like it. Haha. Trying to hit 40 charm unique is .... Very difficult is well an understatement. 

Edited by GodOfEntity