Jump to content

Remove shield slow attack speed


ThnderMcNCheese
 Share

Recommended Posts

The main difference between champion and knight is champion has more damage and less defense, while knight has less damage and more defense. That’s how the classes were built (any mmo with a knight/champ class). So there should be no argument there. 

The one handed weapon is slower than normal weapons (2 handed) because of the same reason. If you have a one handed weapon you can use your other hand that’ll give you additional stats that you normally wouldn’t get with a 2 handed weapon. I think the trade off is fine where it’s at. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ThnderMcNCheese said:

Knights are already struggling with low damage. I think that slow attack speed that was placed in it will make knights more of a disadvantage.

 

By default, knights should have lower sword attack speed than champs for reasons stated by @Avatar. Logically, it's much simpler and easier to execute a fast slash or powerful sweep with a two-hander than when burdened by a shield. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be options to improve this over time through mechanisms other than attack speed gems. We should brainstorm this, though, since it's likely to go where ROSE hasn't gone before.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, Avatar said:

The main difference between champion and knight is champion has more damage and less defense, while knight has less damage and more defense. That’s how the classes were built (any mmo with a knight/champ class). So there should be no argument there. 

The one handed weapon is slower than normal weapons (2 handed) because of the same reason. If you have a one handed weapon you can use your other hand that’ll give you additional stats that you normally wouldn’t get with a 2 handed weapon. I think the trade off is fine where it’s at. 

Knights have higher attack speed than champs, except maybe spear champs. 2h sword and axes don't have any attack speed passives, while knights have several and a skill (graceful fencing?) that gives them extra attack speed for a couple hits. You'll probably be hitting like a wet noodle though. Spear has attack speed passives, but it feels like splitting your build to invest in them as spear champ is about aoe damage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

Knights have higher attack speed than champs, except maybe spear champs. 2h sword and axes don't have any attack speed passives, while knights have several and a skill (graceful fencing?) that gives them extra attack speed for a couple hits. You'll probably be hitting like a wet noodle though. Spear has attack speed passives, but it feels like splitting your build to invest in them as spear champ is about aoe damage.

 

Ah, thanks for the correction. To be completely honest, I didn’t even think of axe and 2h sword, just spear lol. Tells you how much I play the soldier class 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's quite telling, though - that the champ meta is dominated by 'speardancers'; most people likely use them for their excellent AOE clear capability as part of the leveling/farming meta. That said, what do other soldier subclasses offer? And how does that compare to dual-wielding raiders? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bobbity said:

That's quite telling, though - that the champ meta is dominated by 'speardancers'; most people likely use them for their excellent AOE clear capability as part of the leveling/farming meta. That said, what do other soldier subclasses offer? And how does that compare to dual-wielding raiders? 

Hopefully we're not getting too off topic, though it is still a discussion of the soldier class and builds.

2h sword and dual raider are fairly similar. Both have armor pen and some aoes. Kind of a bruiser/fighter class that wants to dish out some damage and soak some damage. Swords have better accuracy and defense, while duals have better dodge and speed. Duals had arctic assault, which made them better duelists because of the attack speed slow. I remember these classes being weaker than their alternatives, though maybe others have different opinions. Their skills have too long of cast times. I like the skill where the hawker spins around and then backflips off the enemy (screw slash? bloody assault?), but it takes a while. Ditto for the sword champ's sword twirl move (voltage crash?). Can't quite remember the name of these skills. They need slightly sped up animations or damage that matches the commitment.

Axe and katar are also kind of similar. Both can do high single target crit damage and have stuns. Axe has better burst with skills. Berserk + that axe swing that has a x3 attack ratio can hit hard. I found katars to be better as they have stealth and mobility, so they can reliably get to their targets.

Edited by DoubleRose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...