Add Fishing to Rose Online! 🎣

Jukebox480

In my opninion fishing wouldn't fit at all in Rose Online. Rose is already made in such a way that grinding and doing quests already feels very relaxing. A thing you also see in many MMO's is that the players that are actually fishing are in fact bots.... Just because the act of fishing in a game is tedious and not rewarding enough most of the times. So i wouldn't mind if it would be added but i'm not a fan of the idea!

12 hours ago, Jukebox480 said:

How cool would it be to be able to fish with your friends after a long day of doing quests!

Talk about bringing higher leveled players back to previous maps! 

In fact, if you have different types of fish and add it exclusively to different parts of the maps that’ll be even better! 

Imagine seeing people fish on the bridge of Junon Polis between the Capitol and Moldies. I’d imagine they’d have to redo the map in some fashion to allow the moat to connect to the main water.. so the fishes don’t become extinct! Or even see fishing in Adv Plains! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fishing would only be a nice addition to the game if the game also had something like a cooking system. So you can cook your fish to craft some specialized healing items to use in combat and such. If fishing has no benefit in any way then i don't think the game needs it, because having a quite time with friends is not beneficial enough.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zeror said:

Fishing would only be a nice addition to the game if the game also had like cooking system. So you can cook your fish to craft some specialized healing items to use in combat and such. If fishing is has no benefit in any way then i don't think the game needs it, because having a quite time with friends is not beneficial enough.

This is a good expansion of this idea. We have food and drink items, why not add a common crafting skill to make them? Could add gathering spots as well as the fishing spots, so the farm areas in each map could be useful as well. I could imagine some powerful healing items, or maybe a Health Regen/Mana Regen buff that is exclusive to cooked foods.

Fishing could obviously reward the player with fish, but also maybe a rare chance for materials or gear as well, even if it's cosmetic gears.

Edited by Sneaux
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Loerslang said:

In my opninion fishing wouldn't fit at all in Rose Online. Rose is already made in such a way that grinding...already feels very relaxing.

Rofl. First time I hear someone use relaxing to describe grinding. Frustrating would be my word-choice. Anyways, I would also really enjoy fishing in rose. The cartoony style and especially the music would be really relaxing. Also, the bottom of Anima lake would be a perfect place to hide Unique loot. (hint) 🤫  😛

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobbity said:

To cook you need a fire, pot/cauldron, herbs and spices as well as some vegetables. To make a fire you need... 

....a muse casting bonfire? Or just fireplace inside towns. Ofcourse the game needs to be updated so a fireplace can be found in towns.

• Like 1

So, 300+ players are all going to use 1 fireplace? talk about too many cooks...

I figure a muse casting Bonfire's a good start, but we need craftable fires too. This could be a basic skill, a skill gained via an easy quest in AP, Zant or Luxem, or a purchasable skill. Lessee... flint? What can we use for flint? Then of course some tinder and wood. Failing the crafting wouldn't consume the tinder or wood, but it would eventually reduce the flint's dura (or maybe we could just cheat and make it so flint is consumable one-per-use). 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bobbity said:

I figure a muse casting Bonfire's a good start, but we need craftable fires too. This could be a basic skill, a skill gained via an easy quest in AP, Zant or Luxem, or a purchasable skill. Lessee... flint? What can we use for flint? Then of course some tinder and wood. Failing the crafting wouldn't consume the tinder or wood, but it would eventually reduce the flint's dura (or maybe we could just cheat and make it so flint is consumable one-per-use). 

May be taking it too far for a game like ROSE. This isn't a survival game like DayZ or The Forest. Cooking could be purely through a common skill. An animation could be added to it that has a fire and such, but needing an actual fire to Cook just seems a tad silly when Artisans don't need a work station for their craft skills.

I'm all for a Cooking skill utilizing gathered vegetables and fruits, and fish or meats. It can be simple and still be useful and effective.

With that said, craftable Campfire consumables that can help regenerate HP/MP like a Bonfire would be neat, but needs to be balanced to not invalidate a normal Bonfire.

Edited by Sneaux

1 hour ago, Sneaux said:

May be taking it too far for a game like ROSE. This isn't a survival game like DayZ or The Forest. Cooking could be purely through a common skill. An animation could be added to it that has a fire and such, but needing an actual fire to Cook just seems a tad silly when Artisans don't need a work station for their craft skills.

I'm all for a Cooking skill utilizing gathered vegetables and fruits, and fish or meats. It can be simple and still be useful and effective.

With that said, craftable Campfire consumables that can help regenerate HP/MP like a Bonfire would be neat, but needs to be balanced to not invalidate a normal Bonfire.

Dunno how competitive that Campfire's regen would be, likely It'd be mediocre, almost negligible regen values. 

RE: artisans - artisans are basically xianxia alchemists + shamans that use runes, thus the no-hands crafting. We manipulate all these mats with pure willpower. (That said, I'm of the opinion that current crafting is too fast and easy; there should be another level of crafting for which artis will need a forge. But that's off-topic.)

On 11/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, Bobbity said:

A new basic skill for all players that let everybody place a campfire would be better. And towns and cities would have one or multiple places (not only campfires, but also stoves) where you can cook also.