Change names of offensive items

Clown

As the title suggests... I am sure everyone chuckled whenever they saw their first "islamic bandana" drop in game, but in this day and age it isn't really appropriate. I am not sure how many items have weird names like that, but I suggest going through the item database and change those names before the newer audience joins the game.

Kind regards,

Clown

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, PatBasketball said:

As the title suggests... I am sure everyone chuckled whenever they saw their first "islamic bandana" drop in game, but in this day and age it isn't really appropriate. I am not sure how many items have weird names like that, but I suggest going through the item database and change those names before the newer audience joins the game.

Kind regards,

Clown

Huh? 

I think I can say that the majority, if not all (except you apparently), did not chuckle when we saw “Islamic bandana” as its not funny nor offensive. Islamic itself means belonging to Islam as that’s where the design comes from. How is that offensive to anyone? 

What other names do you think cause offense? Because if such names do exist, then I’ll agree with you. But I don’t ever remember any items being offensive. 

I kinda agree on changing those names. Islam has nothing to do with ROSE Online as it's not involved in the storyline. I dunno if there are more item names that should be renamed.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I hope this ''being offended'' stuff is not going to be a big thing in Rose..... The game is pure nostalgia and includes nothing about any kind of offensive things... otherwise we also need to get rid of the choropy because it is animal cruelty to kill all of those.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Loerslang said:

I hope this ''being offended'' stuff is not going to be a big thing in Rose..... The game is pure nostalgia and includes nothing about any kind of offensive things... otherwise we also need to get rid of the choropy because it is animal cruelty to kill all of those.....

I’m with you 100%. There’s nothing offensive about naming an item on what the design is derived from. If anything, it will allow someone to do their own research on how that item may look like today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve never found anything in game to be offensive unless you count players actions, I was hoping for abit of escape from reality by playing pc games and get away from this mad world but looks like that will follow haha. I think offensive character names would be more an issue than item names to be honest. But in hindsight, wouldn’t do any harm to check the database like clown suggests, everyone has different views and opinion, but all are valid. Now I’m thinking about it I’m wondering what the most offensive item name is 😂