Bonfire healing ticks

Vexoi

1 hour ago, LordAlbion said:

what's wrong with the way they are now? Why change what is not broken??

This is not a healthy mentality to have. If we all go by this, then there would be no room for innovation. 

The reason could be that it makes you last longer when you’re fighting mobs. If it takes 10 seconds to regen, a lot of damage can be done in that time. You could die with the mob having 5 hp left. Having the bonfire regen your hp/mp faster will mitigate that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LordAlbion said:

My 'mentality' is that if the devs take every suggestion made regarding things that are not broken, we will never get out of alpha. It's all about priorities 🙂

This forum is just a place to collect all of the ideas. The devs know how to handle their priorities and it is still nice for them to browse through here occasionally.

Most of the things suggested in this section are not really a consideration until open beta or even release.

That being said, this very suggestion was something lazypenguin personally talked about on stream yesterday (while testing on a support Muse) and it should be as simple as exchanging two numbers per skill rank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What I'm suggesting would not make bonfire heal more on average. Healing, for example, 50 HP every 10 seconds or 25 HP every 5 seconds has the same Healing over time value and heals a total of 300 HP total per minute in both cases.

A very exaggerated equivalent (which I am NOT suggesting) would be healing 300 HP every 60 seconds, which would mean waiting an entire minute before getting any HP.

Another one (which I am also NOT suggesting) would be healing 5 HP every 1 second, which is way too often but still the same average HP per minute.

• Like 1