Official Website Information

Ilsalay

Hello all,

Very excited to see ROSE return in an official capacity.

This suggestion very well may be something that is going to be implemented at or just before launch (or at the very least once closed/open beta is active) - but please have a Monster Table, Item Guide, etc like oh so many private servers have so players can look up drop tables, and find where various Weapons and Armors can be obtained.

Information that I DON'T see on various private servers would be information on Character Classes. There should be a Guide/Info on all 4 starter classes. What they're about, their weapons, their skills, what stats are important, etc. The Job Quest that each goes on. And then of course links that go to their 2nd Job options with the same info: Skills, weapons, Job Quest, etc.

I don't want to rely on memory from 10 years ago, or have to dredge through OTHER ROSE servers forums/websites for information that will likely be wrong/not applicable here.

There are some MMOs that are currently running that have none of this information readily available and I find it severely annoying. So, please have as much info as you can available in regards to Monsters (location, drops) Classes (stats, jobs, skills) and Items (gear, gems, etc.)

Edited by Ilsalay
  • Like 1

Although i think it is a good idea to have some general information about all the Character Classes, their weapons, skills and stats (Before and after 2nd Job). I think it might be a bit to much to also describe the Job Quests the Classes have to do. There is a lot of information to be gained from the NPC and the Quests itself, and besides that the Community! I think it would make the game to easy if quests are also described on the website. There is so much information to be gained from the community within the game! In my experience there were always people available who had the time to answer a question or even help out with a problem. That vital part of what Rose is should not be changed by adding all the information people need on a website. But i could be wrong about that of course 🙂  Just a way of thinking ❤️ 

The old official website had a brief explanation of the four job classes and what each job class could evolve into with the second job.  I would imagine the new website will have something like that too.  But detailed instructions on what the second job quests require is more like something that would be on the wiki.  We will also most likely have information like that in the Newbie Zone which will hopefully be added to the forum when the game actually launches.

3 hours ago, Loerslang said:

Although i think it is a good idea to have some general information about all the Character Classes, their weapons, skills and stats (Before and after 2nd Job). I think it might be a bit to much to also describe the Job Quests the Classes have to do. There is a lot of information to be gained from the NPC and the Quests itself, and besides that the Community! I think it would make the game to easy if quests are also described on the website. There is so much information to be gained from the community within the game! In my experience there were always people available who had the time to answer a question or even help out with a problem. That vital part of what Rose is should not be changed by adding all the information people need on a website. But i could be wrong about that of course 🙂  Just a way of thinking ❤️ 

The first Job change quest at level 10 I feel should be available on the official site, with mention of a 2nd Job (and links to the 2nd Job information.)

Yes, this game is old. But for a lot of people it will be a new experience. And if this is the official version of the game, they shouldn't need to go elsewhere to find answers. Within the community (discord, forums) sure. Ask for best in slot gear, how to build, etc. But basic things like "What skills does a Scout have?" should all be findable/answerable on the official site that is just given information as a potential player looks into the game.

Edited by Ilsalay

A wiki would be great, but I'd rather see it hosted on the main page than have a fandom page (no matter how official it is). Having a wiki on the main page, like some other servers, makes it super easy to find and it increases the credibility of it when people find it. Could be something along the lines of wiki.roseonlinegame.com just like the forum is hosted on the main website.

Edited by Wondertje

Well one thing you might be happy about- there is no more job quest for the first job anymore.  You are directed by Arua's Fairy in Adv Plains to talk to one of the NPC's in that little seaside village and following that questline will take you thru Adv Plains and you will end up around level 9 at the end.  Then you are sent to the Trainer's Village and as soon as you enter, you are instantly raised to level 10.  Then it's just a matter of talking to all of the NPC's and hearing what each job class is about then picking the one you want.

You could also just level yourself without taking the quests tho you get exp and a weapon and some other things from the questline so it's worth doing 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 2:57 PM, HoneyBuns said:

You could also just level yourself without taking the quests tho you get exp and a weapon and some other things from the questline so it's worth doing

Not sure if they will leave the rewards of the quests there or not but they were worth it in my opinion!

Just now, Zurn said:

Not sure if they will leave the rewards of the quests there or not but they were worth it in my opinion!

Yeah I agree.  So far at least the quests are still giving the same rewards and they are definitely worth doing.  

45 minutes ago, Ashura said:

Which rewards are the best if i might ask?

Well we don't know what, if anything , will be changed but the long quest (Episode or Hero quest) gives several good items including a mask with 30 base charm as a stat.  Since charm is needed for strong buffs, that mask is pretty important for anyone who will be activating their self buffs.

Generally the killing quests are good because they give exp for completing the quest and they are repeatable.   You'll be killing monsters anyway so why not get that extra exp?  There is a questline in Anima Lake that rewards with a decent set of armor for your job class and actually, if you take the quests in Valley of Luxem Tower when you first get to that map, you can earn a good set of gear for your job class.

For anyone who has not played at NA while it was still open, my best advice is to talk to every NPC and take any quests they offer.  They are pretty much all worth doing imo.

• Like 2

I honestly hope they go through the quest level requirements and adjust them, or remove them, from lower level areas. 

zant for instance has a few quests you couldn’t do unless you went directly there after getting your job, I think 18 was one and 15 for Lena and I want to say Cornell or maybe spero. 
(Fetch quests)

usually your around 20+ if you do the quests or level in luxem. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zurn said:

I honestly hope they go through the quest level requirements and adjust them, or remove them, from lower level areas. 

zant for instance has a few quests you couldn’t do unless you went directly there after getting your job, I think 18 was one and 15 for Lena and I want to say Cornell or maybe spero. 
(Fetch quests)

usually your around 20+ if you do the quests or level in luxem. 

Fetch quest was Ullyses (pricelist) Adv Plain and Sharlin (wine delivery) Breezy Hills.