Release event and a veteran cosmetic item?

Luckystriike

Hey peeps!

Most games do have a release event of some sort. This can be a quest line, a fight or a specific location meeting with players. Wouldn't it be nice if  Rose is released with a big bang festival? A time-limited-quest, a cart race (everyone gets a temporary cart) or a staff meeting with a bonfire and kiwis to eat.

I'm a big fan of cosmetics and unique items. It would be nice to introduce some sort of veteran item. A cape, hat or weapon which indicates you've been playing/supporting from the start. A cape like the RuneScape veteran cape would be one of the suggestions (picture below). The item should be obtainable for a limited amount of time. This can be obtained as a reward for completing a short quest line or purchased from a vendor.

What do you think? Any suggestions for a veteran item or event?

Pic 1: RuneScape veteran cape

image.png.d4aac3c2944602fe49c31fbcadefd3cf.png

pic 2: A veteran redesign of the "Battle Hat of Champions"
image.png.4e59ecbd6b13185b269a7a09c0087884.png

pic 3: race route
image.png.4ae521c90446ea6461f97058159ea444.png

Edited by Luckystriike
  • Like 1

I like the Runescape veteran capes, they're always obtainable and you get given one as soon as you reach a certain account age. When you hit 5 years you get it by talking to a dude and there's a world announcement. I like that it's not unique to those who started 20 years ago (the highest current veteran cape) but shows off every person's individual journey. Some kind of beta/early release item would be cool, but it would have to be a cosmetic and nothing too fancy in my opinion. The veteran capes, as they are in Runescape, are in my opinion enough to show-off that you started early, you'll have a 20-year cape 20 years from now and people will go woah, just like in Runescape 😛

What kind of small cosmetic or event are you thinking of @Wondertje?

Yeah, the RuneScape cape works a little different compared to a small cosmetic to show your support from the start. But a 5,10,20 year cape would be cool (apart from the years to wait). What a nice feeling would it be to have a 20years cape to show. This is nice as a player, but this also means Rednim did a good job having  players active for over 20 years  🙂 

I really like this idea.  Players love having something special and the relaunch of ROSE certainly falls into that category.  

I've never played Runescape but when titan first launched, anyone who was a pre-donator (we donated before there was a game server) received several items including a titan t-shirt,  It was pink on females and navy blue on males. 

When NA did the big database update in June 2014, the game was down for several days. When it came back, we all found an "I Survived" t-shirt when we logged in again.

I'm sure changing the front of the I Survived t-shirt to something related to the relaunch would not be difficult to do and it would be a really neat souvenir for those of us who are lifetime ROSE fanatics to remember the day when our beloved game returned.

AdvP and Titles.jpg

ISurvived.jpg

• Like 4

I think it would be nice to have an alpha tester and beta tester costume and give those to the participants once the game is released in full. Something to show you were there in the early days of the relaunch!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:49 AM, Luckystriike said:

What kind of small cosmetic or event are you thinking of @Wondertje?

Could be anything really, like a t-shirt that Honeybuns mentioned from titanROSE. Just some show-off item that isn't really worth anything other than showing off that you were there in the beginning. As long as it's wearable as a costume so I can run around killing bosses wearing a cool t-shirt I'm good 😛

• 5 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 2:04 PM, Luckystriike said:

I just discovered a few of these topics has been discussed in one of the ko-fi blog post. 

which ko-fi post? 😄 

Ps. It would be nice to have a supporter shirt in-game 🤩

Edited by Dapp
  • Like 1