Unique vs Hardened Weapons vs Exalted

Ashura

Hi guys i read a thread regarding honor weapons not getting enough love and i always hear a lot of OG players saying that Unique weapons are the BIC mainly for the stats on the weapon and also the damage scaling.

Currently i am using HAB as my main weapon purely for the damage that it does because i am focusing on BC, i do have Salvation in my storage as a backup and not really sold on the MP reduction on the wand and if i compare it to the HAB i will most definitely go for the extra raw damage i get out of it.

I haven't given any thought of the Exalted or Honor iteration of the weapon criteria, so my question i am asking: Can someone give me an explanation as to how Salvation is better damage wise in terms of scaling the longer you use it as appose to HAB or if someone can defend the other too wands and why i should go for as a BC.

I guess what i am trying to say is for me seeing is better than just believing.

Thanx in advance.

On 12/2/2023 at 11:57 PM, cactus said:

Hey! It's great that you're exploring different weapons for your build. When comparing Salvation and HAB for damage scaling in a BC-focused build, you should consider factors such as stats, scaling mechanics, and specific bonuses each weapon provides. Gathering insights from players who have experience with both staffs can provide a clearer picture. Happy Hunting!😉🙌

Thanx for the feedback i have looked into different viable option i am currently using a HAB(+15) with health and mana recovery 6 on my wand. I just want evidence that what they are saying regarding the damage scaling of a unique weapon is better than a hardened weapon apart from the base sub stats you get with each weapon.

21 hours ago, Ashura said:

Thanx for the feedback i have looked into different viable option i am currently using a HAB(+15) with health and mana recovery 6 on my wand. I just want evidence that what they are saying regarding the damage scaling of a unique weapon is better than a hardened weapon apart from the base sub stats you get with each weapon.

8% offense on unique vs 5% on HAB. That means all damage you do gets an extra (8-5=3) 3% amp. That said, salvation is bad for bc and not worth using. 3% bonus damage is weaker than the hardened bonus.

18 hours ago, DoubleRose said:

8% offense on unique vs 5% on HAB. That means all damage you do gets an extra (8-5=3) 3% amp. That said, salvation is bad for bc and not worth using. 3% bonus damage is weaker than the hardened bonus.

Thanx for clarification on this matter, so in actual fact they are just flat rate improvement and not exponential growth with the unique?

1 hour ago, DoubleRose said:

If you were doing 500 damage a hit you would do 540 because of the % bonus. You'll never have enough attack where 3% > 120 from hardened.

But with courage wand you get a whopping 5% more than hardened! Which with 2400+ ap becomes 120+.