Dealer guns attack slower than cannons? that can't be right can it?

namcost

Dealer guns attack slower than cannons? that can't be right can it?

0.5 for guns and 0.6 for cannons. and neither get faster over time? why is that?

and going off my own gameplay, the cannon is just as fast as gun + skills (trigger finger, excitable trigger finger). so using guns and being artisan is nothing but a downside vs cannons. at least in the OG game guns attacked faster which made sense.... this makes guns completely unusable.

I've noticed this as well, that's why I quit my Gun Bourg and just reset to cannon. The competitive advantage of a cannon bourg is way ahead compared to Gun bourgs. Gun bourg should rely on normal attacks but that is not happening because of the attack speed. They should do both normal attacks and a little bit of skill but the aspd sux real bad. The passives also does not provide any significant competitive advantage.

I hope they should test more this type of class as they are really unusable;

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MuscleMan said:

I've noticed this as well, that's why I quit my Gun Bourg and just reset to cannon. The competitive advantage of a cannon bourg is way ahead compared to Gun bourgs. Gun bourg should rely on normal attacks but that is not happening because of the attack speed. They should do both normal attacks and a little bit of skill but the aspd sux real bad. The passives also does not provide any significant competitive advantage.

I hope they should test more this type of class as they are really unusable;

The way I see it....

1. Cannon uses should be short/limited range, but higher damage output and AOE damage (splash damage) and of course slow attack speed.

2. Gun users would be single target with longer range, and faster attack speed to make up for doing less damage per shot.

This makes sense. The way it is now, you can legit attack just as fast with cannon as you can a gun. AND you do more damage, AND you generally have more range. It makes no sense. At least the old version of the game actually has some balance to it. This version has no balance to the dealer class. I also remember the old version, when you went artisan and gun, you were locked out of the cannon tab. Which meant cannon users could NOT use summons, summons were linked to the artisan tab, which was there because guns did so much less damage than cannons. Now you can have cannon AND two hirelings which basically do half your damage per hit. I hit for 300, both my minons hit for 150. So now I do 600 total. Meanwhile my gun guy, I do about 200 damage per hit and 100 on each minion. Making it 400 total. 200 less damage AND a slower attack speed is not balanced at all.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DoubleRose said:

*cries in xbow*

Certain weapons need buffs. Doesn't even necessarily need to be attack speed. Give guns a little more speed and xbow a bit more power.

I really wanted to love xbow knight, but compared to one handed. It's just, so bad. 

8 hours ago, namcost said:

The way I see it....

1. Cannon uses should be short/limited range, but higher damage output and AOE damage (splash damage) and of course slow attack speed.

2. Gun users would be single target with longer range, and faster attack speed to make up for doing less damage per shot.

This makes sense. The way it is now, you can legit attack just as fast with cannon as you can a gun. AND you do more damage, AND you generally have more range. It makes no sense. At least the old version of the game actually has some balance to it. This version has no balance to the dealer class. I also remember the old version, when you went artisan and gun, you were locked out of the cannon tab. Which meant cannon users could NOT use summons, summons were linked to the artisan tab, which was there because guns did so much less damage than cannons. Now you can have cannon AND two hirelings which basically do half your damage per hit. I hit for 300, both my minons hit for 150. So now I do 600 total. Meanwhile my gun guy, I do about 200 damage per hit and 100 on each minion. Making it 400 total. 200 less damage AND a slower attack speed is not balanced at all.....

Yea this should be the case. I hope they pay attention to gun type class characters such as Gun Bourg / Artisan. It seems they are neglected.

10 minutes ago, MuscleMan said:

Yea this should be the case. I hope they pay attention to gun type class characters such as Gun Bourg / Artisan. It seems they are neglected.

the messed up/funny part about that? they had to change the game from what it used to be.... its not a direct port of the game gravity left off with. they changed a lot before we got our chance to play. so they ruined it on purpose as far as im concerned. they claim to be "official" but i dont see them listed on gravity's website as an official partner. and the gravity news page didn't even mention this beta test....

35 minutes ago, namcost said:

the messed up/funny part about that? they had to change the game from what it used to be.... its not a direct port of the game gravity left off with. they changed a lot before we got our chance to play. so they ruined it on purpose as far as im concerned. they claim to be "official" but i dont see them listed on gravity's website as an official partner. and the gravity news page didn't even mention this beta test....

Gravity intend to change the Rose way for the company's benefit. That's why it got messed up. The current structure of the game is for PayToPlay and transitioning it the original rose without the Pay2Play concept would be a mess and would take big revamp. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, namcost said:

they claim to be "official" but i dont see them listed on gravity's website as an official partner. and the gravity news page didn't even mention this beta test....

If I understand it right, their term "official" falls under the circumstance that they manage to get a deal with Gravity to have an intellectual property "license" to use the original ROSE Game Source File and do what ever they want for it and make it available for the general public to play.

Unlike other ROSE Private Servers, some could even use the same source file (what ever means they do to have a hold of it) but not having an "official" license from the intellectual property owner which is Gravity, thereby making their use of the software and their making the game available to the public somewhat "illegal".

For the "official partner", maybe because there is no ongoing "partnership" sort of deal since the extent of their dealing with Gravity with regards to ROSE Online could only be "to be allowed to use it on ways they like it to", specially that Gravity in not actively "publishing" the game right now.

And also about the news, well even Rednim is not, again... "officially", marketing the game as Official Release, that is why the term Early Access (some would call Beta Test) and since there is "possibly" no "partnership" deal, so that could be one reason why GRavity won't bother to write anything about this game in their website. As far as I have experience, the info in their website only focus on the games they actively published.

4 hours ago, namcost said:

they had to change the game from what it used to be.... its not a direct port of the game gravity left off with. they changed a lot before we got our chance to play. so they ruined it on purpose as far as im concerned. 

Personally, I want a lot to change, but for the betterment of the game and enjoyment of the player base. Although this now seems chaotic since some of the changes does not serves other players intention, needs and preferences since everyone has their own grasp of the ROSE Online game that they previously love or hate.

So a lot of time is indeed needed to make this game fit for most if not all ROSE Players out there. The Devs and Staff has a lot on their table to lay hands to and decides what and what not to.

My personal take on this, I will give them the time and the support they need and see afterwards if they could give back the game that a lot wish it to become to. If the result would be out of my taste, then that would be the time to evaluate the next episode in my ROSE Adventure 😁

Edited by HLAJR

On 3/28/2023 at 1:07 AM, HLAJR said:

If I understand it right, their term "official" falls under the circumstance that they manage to get a deal with Gravity to have an intellectual property "license" to use the original ROSE Game Source File and do what ever they want for it and make it available for the general public to play.

Unlike other ROSE Private Servers, some could even use the same source file (what ever means they do to have a hold of it) but not having an "official" license from the intellectual property owner which is Gravity, thereby making their use of the software and their making the game available to the public somewhat "illegal".

For the "official partner", maybe because there is no ongoing "partnership" sort of deal since the extent of their dealing with Gravity with regards to ROSE Online could only be "to be allowed to use it on ways they like it to", specially that Gravity in not actively "publishing" the game right now.

And also about the news, well even Rednim is not, again... "officially", marketing the game as Official Release, that is why the term Early Access (some would call Beta Test) and since there is "possibly" no "partnership" deal, so that could be one reason why GRavity won't bother to write anything about this game in their website. As far as I have experience, the info in their website only focus on the games they actively published.

Personally, I want a lot to change, but for the betterment of the game and enjoyment of the player base. Although this now seems chaotic since some of the changes does not serves other players intention, needs and preferences since everyone has their own grasp of the ROSE Online game that they previously love or hate.

So a lot of time is indeed needed to make this game fit for most if not all ROSE Players out there. The Devs and Staff has a lot on their table to lay hands to and decides what and what not to.

My personal take on this, I will give them the time and the support they need and see afterwards if they could give back the game that a lot wish it to become to. If the result would be out of my taste, then that would be the time to evaluate the next episode in my ROSE Adventure 😁

The game WAS balanced back when. Sure it had some pay to win mechanics like wings or armor/weapons from the real money transactions. But otherwise the game was pretty well balanced. they threw all that out the window under the guise that pay to win isn't balanced? the only unbalanced part was the things you could "pay to win" for..... The base game itself was in fact balanced.... at least balanced better than this "version" of the game.... in all honesty they kinda ruined the game. dealers in terms of gun play is completely nerfed. soldiers attack faster than guns? that makes no sense. my knight at level 58 has 1.01 baseline attack speed WITH a shield reducing 10% and will hit 1.78 attacks per second with graceful fencing which goes off ever 5 hits.... while my dealer at level 86 which is planned to be artisan only has 0.78 baseline and when you hit an enemy 10 times (maxed out skill), and that doesn't come anywhere near close to my lower level soldier. that makes NO SENSE.

in terms of attack speed, katar hawker should be fastest, followed by artisan with guns, followed by knight, and then all other classes below that because they dont have attack speed skills (that i know of).

the entire game balanced has been broken and makes no sense.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 5:10 AM, namcost said:

The game WAS balanced back when. Sure it had some pay to win mechanics like wings or armor/weapons from the real money transactions. But otherwise the game was pretty well balanced. they threw all that out the window under the guise that pay to win isn't balanced? the only unbalanced part was the things you could "pay to win" for..... The base game itself was in fact balanced.... at least balanced better than this "version" of the game.... in all honesty they kinda ruined the game. dealers in terms of gun play is completely nerfed. soldiers attack faster than guns? that makes no sense. my knight at level 58 has 1.01 baseline attack speed WITH a shield reducing 10% and will hit 1.78 attacks per second with graceful fencing which goes off ever 5 hits.... while my dealer at level 86 which is planned to be artisan only has 0.78 baseline and when you hit an enemy 10 times (maxed out skill), and that doesn't come anywhere near close to my lower level soldier. that makes NO SENSE.

in terms of attack speed, katar hawker should be fastest, followed by artisan with guns, followed by knight, and then all other classes below that because they dont have attack speed skills (that i know of).

the entire game balanced has been broken and makes no sense.

Yeah, You've got a point there... and I hope they would find time to check all of that and do some amends in the soonest possible time.

It is not just clear if the version they got is the exact version that NA ROSE have as it closes the server, I don't have any idea about that since I have not watch their video update before Early Access.

For the love of ROSE Online, I just hope they would find the time and the will to fix all of those issue the soonest possible time for the benefit of most if not all of the player since others have their own preference on some matters.

• Like 1