Vary king boss timers a tiny bit

Amafi

Currently I have too many great parties on or naar a boss spawn.

1 min before King spawns, a group comes in. Kills boss and get the nice drop. And moves away again.

Leaving bosses only to a select few. Adding a RNG timer (I.e. every hour plusminus 15 mins.) Would be less fun for the boss timers leaving more for the leveling parties and more spread drops.

• Like 2

Personally, I am against this. Timers are there for planning, disrupting by a 30m difference is just too much. Either way low level bosses should be left with either a big party of smaller levels or a farm character.

ex: if you’re lvl 50-80 and you want to kill a grunter king, well reality you would be there for a while.

majority of players, including myself as I am a king farmer, if I see a group at the spot I will avoid it and come back next timer.

• Like 1

I completely agree with OP. I enjoy killing kings but the exact timer aspect makes for an incredibly dull gameplay experience. And with there being not much else to do at max level, and with there being perhaps a dozen kings for a max level player base in the hundreds, it makes the competition for them insane and takes away any enjoyment. Especially when you see the same group of five people circulating day in day out.

Many MMOs have worked around this, Ragnarok in particular (another Gravity title and the inspiration for ROSE) has MVPs spawning at random locations on the map and within a spawn window. Adding the random element freed it up for a wider player base to enjoy, and I suspect if you put the question to them about removing the random nature, they would be against it.

• Like 1

At the moment each King-level monster has a fixed respawn time down to the minute and people are able to time the spawns of each king exactly. Therefore the same people always have an advantage and end up controlling the spawns and market. It would be a lot more interesting and harder for people to dominate spots if kings could spawn with a slight timer variance, e.g. randomly anywhere between 20-40 min rather than every 30 min on the clock. An hourly king could then spawn randomly between every 50-70 minute instead of every 60 minutes.

Seems like something that could be implemented quite quickly with low risk for bugs that would make the endgame farming aspects a lot more fun for everyone who is not a zuly seller.

Edited by Sui
  • Like 3

• Sui changed the title to Vary king boss timers a tiny bit

I also love the way the super wormdragon was done. Even today nobody really knows how to make it spawn, but if you just play  the game then eventually it will just pop up and be there, rewarding people who play the game instead of just timing the boss spawns. This is also a great way to handle kings!

I like the idea of special trigger spawns causing kings to spawn over timers. Varying timer would be nice but it’s still a lazy and boring way to have kings spawn imo.

Example triggers to spawn kings on certain maps:

- Territory threat, when an abundance of players are present on the map (100+), kings spawn more frequently with a power boost

(Similar to the mega king event from NaRose posted in the other section of forums)

- Mobs Slaughtered, when mobs that share type with the king are being farmed to extinction (every 200-500 kills or so) would then cause the king to spawn 

- Quest trigger, an event like quest where players gather resources on a map to offer as a sacrifice which then spawns a king 

The quests could be repeatable for specific maps that require a certain number of turn ins (20-50) before the king spawns (the quests can be kill quests, or gather quests)

A neat idea would be to make something out of the huge pyramid in Orlo similar perhaps to Turak Maze in Ruins (which also needs to have increased difficulty and way more king health) where players complete a quest and with a party enter the pyramid to fight a king mob for various rewards.

- Hidden relics/miniature king lookalike with various multiple spawn points on a map which spawns at one random possible location, and when it is found and destroyed by a player it triggers a king spawn nearby it (this could have a timed cooldown of 15-45 minutes) 

Basically do some work get a king. 

Edited by Heatfist
  • Like 2

Really liking all the alternative ideas 💡 

Especially the sacrifice mobs to lure King. Remember the impossible alpha stress test. 999 beans for a reward. Still too much IMHO. But give item as reward to spawn/summon the 🤴 

Edited by Amafi
  • Haha 1

I like any kind of idea. Whatever, tweak the timer, spawn it randomly on map, buff the boss. It's just too annoying seeing the same group coming over and over again making them own every boss (just because they're a group). I want it to see in a different way besides what was happening now. I just can't look at it atm they taking all the fortune.

I always thought that Kings spawn when there were enough lesser ranks of the mob family are killed. Clearly that is not the case. This doesn't mean this cannot be implemented. This means no timer at all and needs activity of players to actually spawn kings. In my opinion a much nicer and fairer system.

• Like 1

Topic: King Spawns

Issue: People are farming kings on a timer. They know the place and the time to quickly kill. Many are left with no chance of killing, blocked from completing quests, or have no opportunity at out DPSing whoever is sitting there.

Recommendation: Variate the time the kings spawn in a given window ie. 15-30min. Also, chance the location of the spawn to be with any subordinate mob. This will make hunting kings fun, challenging, and fair. Anyone can have the opportunity to kill one. We will likely see a slight increase in prices too. 😄

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Austinbomb said:

Topic: King Spawns

Issue: People are farming kings on a timer. They know the place and the time to quickly kill. Many are left with no chance of killing, blocked from completing quests, or have no opportunity at out DPSing whoever is sitting there.

Recommendation: Variate the time the kings spawn in a given window ie. 15-30min. Also, chance the location of the spawn to be with any subordinate mob. This will make hunting kings fun, challenging, and fair. Anyone can have the opportunity to kill one. We will likely see a slight increase in prices too. 😄

+1

There should be trigger king spawns in Orlo just like Junon where if you kill so many of that mob, you spawn the king. Not sure why they are all timers only on Orlo. Timers are very boring and stale gameplay. The code should already be there too for this.

On 2/26/2023 at 6:38 PM, Heatfist said:

I like the idea of special trigger spawns causing kings to spawn over timers. Varying timer would be nice but it’s still a lazy and boring way to have kings spawn imo.

Example triggers to spawn kings on certain maps:

- Territory threat, when an abundance of players are present on the map (100+), kings spawn more frequently with a power boost

(Similar to the mega king event from NaRose posted in the other section of forums)

- Mobs Slaughtered, when mobs that share type with the king are being farmed to extinction (every 200-500 kills or so) would then cause the king to spawn 

- Quest trigger, an event like quest where players gather resources on a map to offer as a sacrifice which then spawns a king 

The quests could be repeatable for specific maps that require a certain number of turn ins (20-50) before the king spawns (the quests can be kill quests, or gather quests)

A neat idea would be to make something out of the huge pyramid in Orlo similar perhaps to Turak Maze in Ruins (which also needs to have increased difficulty and way more king health) where players complete a quest and with a party enter the pyramid to fight a king mob for various rewards.

- Hidden relics/miniature king lookalike with various multiple spawn points on a map which spawns at one random possible location, and when it is found and destroyed by a player it triggers a king spawn nearby it (this could have a timed cooldown of 15-45 minutes) 

Basically do some work get a king. 

These are some good ideas too but may require more work. I like the territory idea.

• 4 weeks later...

they should have multiple king spawn spots. this would combat the issue of all of them getting merc'd instantly. only having one location for them to spawn is kinda lame. i remember the old game, you would kill normal mobs, then a king would spawn, then you kill some more, and after while a higher tier would spawn. i forget the tier levels but that was cool. i remember grinding aqua's and eventually a king would spawn. as far as the grunter king, it seems to be a normal spawn every 30 minutes. kinda lame. why can't grinding mobs produce a spawn? so many changes to the game that seem kinda, well, lame. I would like to see more than one grunter spawn.

I also like the proposed idea that the more higher levels on the map, the more often a king can spawn. so instead of 30 minutes it might drop to 25 minutes or even 20. with enough you could probably get it down to every 10 minutes. that would be cool

• Like 1