My Suggestions for the game Refine/Crafting/Drops

MagicianTrent

Maybe some of these have been suggested. Not going through pages to look...............  Copied from discord

couple of my thoughts for some of the game:
-drops: they need to adjust all the %'s for each tier to undo the P2W aspect. Which then you can eliminate those gems for drops.  All mats should be in both the valor/honor shop and drop from mobs. The drops should correspond to whatever is needed for crafting gear for that range. And some overlap would be needed from map to map and world to world.

-refine: get rid of the % of chance to level up the gear (just like Owls suggestion).  Max the top refine lvl to 9 and just up the %'s for each lvl of the refine. Leave the 4 slots for refine materials. As the level goes up you need a certain amount of a mat. Ex: lvl 10 gear need a bind, 10 irons and 5 pink powders. Refine lvl 9 need a bind, 30 irons, 25 low essence, 10 maple woods, 50 pink powders.. Something along those lines.

-crafting: get rid of the % of chance. Make it similar to refining. You need specific amounts of mats to craft what gear you want. Then the only real chance is what stats (based on char Sen) you get  and the durability/accuracy (based on char Con) of the item when crafted.

--getting rid of all the % of chance would basically eliminate the P2W stuff that WP had ingame.

Hairy Infant — Today at 10:23 PM
leave it RNG otherwise server economy will die out cause everyone will have max items and wont have to spend as much i get RNG sucks but its in the game for a reason and legit every other game out there (edited)

MagicianTrent (Osiris) — Today at 10:29 PM
The economy wouldn't be hurt. Cause now you need the mats that drop for refining and crafting.  You are also able to get them by doing quests/dungeons/pvp or from PvM.
Players will have Max gear either way you go. Eliminating the % chance is better game play IMO.  Farming for mats over and over just to see it fail isn't good game play.
[10:34 PM]
And some of the lower level gears you could buy certain materials (like iron, maple wood) from an NPC. so it would be some type of zulie sink also (edited)
[10:36 PM]
You could also make each jobs gear use different mats for like the 2nd and/or 3rd slot

Edited by MagicianTrent

• MagicianTrent changed the title to My Suggestions for the game Refine/Crafting/Drops

To be honest I am 100% on the remove RNG fully from rose, but I think that some RNG should stay, with the % rates that should be incredibly better, like never below a certain percentage or something. I beleive the RNG is a somewhat exciting thing for some players...

It's so true that drop rates and refining were purely made for p2w. So yes they should be adjusted.

For drop rates, I think a simple guarantee to get at least one drop from mobs would be good enough (When we tested with a few testers the Moonbrother for like 30 minutes and then got no drop, we all agreed on that lol)

For refining, I would love to see the refining rates be guaranteed but require more materials. That being said, If that's implemented, I think the maximum refine could be higher than 9. I kinda liked the +15, since it was a journey and could probably take a very long time to reach.

For crafting, I think that the % should somewhat stay, because the success rates are also partly based on level. So it would be strange to have 100% chance of crafting something at level 10.

2 minutes ago, Whoop said:

I wouldn't want all materials within valor/honor shops. This would only push the game more towards only doing dungeons and get mats that way. 

but they said "and drop from mobs"

Edited by Vexoi
Replied to Whoop without posting another reply

4 hours ago, Vexoi said:

For drop rates, I think a simple guarantee to get at least one drop from mobs would be good enough (When we tested with a few testers the Moonbrother for like 30 minutes and then got no drop, we all agreed on that lol)

For crafting, I think that the % should somewhat stay, because the success rates are also partly based on level. So it would be strange to have 100% chance of crafting something at level 10.

I watched the stream where you did the boss. Boss drops under the tier system really became P2W. It will need to be changed.

For crafting you add level requirements to the skills so a lvl 10 couldn't craft high level gear, make it scale. WP had already changed some of the dealer crafting so low levels couldn't get high lvl stats.

4 hours ago, Whoop said:

I wouldn't want all materials within valor/honor shops. This would only push the game more towards only doing dungeons and get mats that way. 

to add to Vexoi reply,  all mats are already in the valor/honor shops. WP moved them there when they did the honor/valor update, they removed a bunch of mats from the mobs. I'm asking to add them back to PvM

I like the gamble on refining & crafting stats it makes it more rewarding however i agree with keeping the refine system using bindi/tali + powder & or lisent depending on the level of refine.

I like ref9 but really as everyone has said the number is technically arbitrary and can be anything though I feel people will like to see the bigger jump in power that comes from the lower ref limit??? idk. As you have said these are parts of the system that where gradually made more p2w then the previous Irose versions and definably need looking at either way to bring them into accordance with a non p2w play style

Loot drops I agree also need to be revamped especially Boss drops as said above over time I feel things where adjusted more and more to require p2w items

Crafting like in Irose would be nice u had a "Base" Material so wings needed cloth the better the quality cloth u used the better chance at crafting both success rate & stats. but i believe they removed this to make all materials useful rather then just the high end ones?

The Craft success is fine how it is as it is geared towards your characters level & con

Edited by SlothnessMonster

2 hours ago, SlothnessMonster said:

I like the gamble on refining & crafting stats it makes it more rewarding however i agree with keeping the refine system using bindi/tali + powder & or lisent depending on the level of refine.

I like ref9 but really as everyone has said the number is technically arbitrary and can be anything though I feel people will like to see the bigger jump in power that comes from the lower ref limit??? idk. As you have said these are parts of the system that where gradually made more p2w then the previous Irose versions and definably need looking at either way to bring them into accordance with a non p2w play style

Loot drops I agree also need to be revamped especially Boss drops as said above over time I feel things where adjusted more and more to require p2w items

Crafting like in Irose would be nice u had a "Base" Material so wings needed cloth the better the quality cloth u used the better chance at crafting both success rate & stats. but i believe they removed this to make all materials useful rather then just the high end ones?

The Craft success is fine how it is as it is geared towards your characters level & con

You spend weeks if not months gathering enough mats to craft a high level gem. When you go to craft a level 9 or 10 gem and it fails you are ok with it? Same goes for refining?    These things need changing.

An definitely I'm not talking about Irose type of crafting. The mats should be specific for whatever you are making.

3 hours ago, MagicianTrent said:

You spend weeks if not months gathering enough mats to craft a high level gem. When you go to craft a level 9 or 10 gem and it fails you are ok with it? Same goes for refining?    These things need changing.

An definitely I'm not talking about Irose type of crafting. The mats should be specific for whatever you are making.

I honestly don't mind the old Irose refine system if they adjust the rates a little so its no longer requiring p2w items like the current NA version I'm good, Hell I'd even be happy if items broke when refining again it made Dealer crafted Eq actually wanted & having a ref9 actually meant something.

I also had a con Arti and crafted Gems with enough con I don't really remember failing very often (& I didn't have max con)

I understand with most items being ACC & Character bound now makes refining lower level gear less useful because you cannot sell it on once you are done with it anymore but,   There still needs to be some kind of challenge to getting the best gear in the game by removing the gamble completely and making it expensive per ref as you say could work but I don't feel it would be as rewarding for me

I understand the current gamble can also be expensive (Especially Irose with stuff breaking) but I did enjoy it and while I'm sure I'm a minority others would have liked the feeling of getting that ref9 far more then the days of ref20

I'm open to things changing but I did enjoy the old way so maybe not everything needs a drastic makeover?? 

23 hours ago, Vexoi said:

but they said "and drop from mobs"

What I meant is that I dont want any mob drops in valor / honor shops. Pushing all gameplay elements towards only these 2 options is not a good thing in my opinion. My fear is that it will outweigh the system from mobs. I want to keep people playing in maps instead of only playing in instance dungeons. 

10 hours ago, MagicianTrent said:

So then fix that aspect of the game, make that balanced instead of adding the materials to the valor/honor shops. Don't add something to the game to fix another issue instead of fixing the issue at the core. Which is balancing the drop to refince chance ratio. 

2 hours ago, Kid said:

there should be rng in the game wouldn't be rose if there wasn't but make the chance % better and none of that degrading while failing when refining

The reasoning of just because its there it needs to stay isn't a justification.  Specially if you want better % of chance and no degrades...

Edited by MagicianTrent