Ammo is extremely annoying

Corrision

On 4/4/2023 at 7:01 PM, lazypenguin said:

Yeah it's tedious, changing ammo to be a permanent equip is an interesting idea, especially if it can apply some effects...

That sounds fantastic. Would make ammo much less about tedious resource management and more about switching ammo types to fit the given situation. Even if it isn't as deep as that just having it be a permanent equip would help stem off the headache that comes with the current system.

On 4/5/2023 at 5:01 AM, lazypenguin said:

Yeah it's tedious, changing ammo to be a permanent equip is an interesting idea, especially if it can apply some effects...

The 'tedium' is part of being a dealer, you guys. If you don't get that then you don't get that little dopamine burst from marginal utility, marginal profit, living off the land etc. Considering how many people have dealers as alt characters instead of main, you should consider what target audience you're thinking of satisfying with that idea. It's most likely NOT dealer mains. Some Dealers enjoy just sorting their storage. Not a joke. Are you perhaps a katar main? Mage? Then you probably aren't the right person to put this discussion in perspective.

48 minutes ago, Bobbity said:

Are you perhaps a katar main? Mage? Then you probably aren't the right person to put this discussion in perspective.

Okay so what about us Scouts? What about crossbow Knights? Do we not get a say in this?

I'd say you do, and accommodations should be made for you - interesting ones that fit your theme. But people who don't understand why dealer mains are a thing should not be leading the discussion or be the biggest voice. They are not the ones most affected.

Rose still has a lot of room to grow and I expect that something seemingly simple like ammo could easily be the first step of a sea-change in the game. We don't have to be limited to how things were done. We especially don't have to do things the pserver way with ridiculous hacks - we have the tools to do things right from the start.

I remember a suggestion in the past about a "bullet bag" or "quiver" for bullets and arrows respectively. Something like that is interesting I think. Especially with the current drop tables, if you have like 5 stacks of arrows it really blocks your inventory when out in combat. Regardless, any change in this area is going to be tricky since it impacts inventory and slots.

• Like 3