Random loot distribution

Sui

If I remember correctly, and as people confirmed on Discord, there are currently two party distribution systems:

- Default: whoever picks up an item gets to keep it.
- Equal share: Every time an item is picked, it is given to a player in the party on a rotation.

I would like to propose a simple third option "Random distribution" which randomly distributes it by RNG. This would be an ideal way to farm elite monsters and boss drops in my opinion, as "Default" gives an advantage to people who play melee and are close to the drop, while "Equal share" is a turn based system that can be easily predicted and exploited.

Pros of an RNG loot system:

• Fair way of letting the RNG gods choose loot distribution which can't be influenced by players
  • Tested and proven in many other MMOs
  • Party leads still have the option to choose one of the classic two methods above if they don't like the third option

Cons:

• Delays go-live of the game
    •  Since this is a "nice to have" option, and Rose did fine without it for years, I do not expect this to be implemented before launch/beta unless it could be done quickly. It would be a valuable addition post-launch as well.

Edited by Sui
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yeah I remember this, some players did loot the best item, which they got, then they looted scrap materials, then the good ones again when it were "their turn" to recieve again.

I remember that I always asked 1 party member to loot everything (the melee) then we split the drops of worth in the end of the game-session, but that have it's risks aswell..

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's already there but I would really like to have a Loot Roll system like WoW which allows the player to roll a dice. classes can roll - NEED for their respective items (like knight can NEED 1h sword, but cannot need a Magic Staff) and others can only greed. At least you get the chance to take the item if no one really needs it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Add a "Killer Distribution" as well. Who ever kills the monster will only him/her get the loot. Just to secure the loot from the monster you killed when party leveling especially if the pet system is up, cause pets loots fast and if you don't have one that pet or other player might steal your loot. 
Its more of a securing your loot, nobody wants their mob kill reward got steal from them. You want to make zulie as well to make your character stronger. Just my thoughts

in the server i am currently playing, they removed the lasthit thing, who hits the mob first will get the drop so ksing isn't a problem. about the party items theres no really a good way to distribute it evenly, specially on high tier drops. so you should really party on with someone you really trust. in my case, myself XD