[Feature Request] "Crafted by: IGN" Indicator on Crafted Items

Bl4ckb34rd

Hi! I would like to ask if it is possible to add this feature on crafted items.

1.) Crafted by: <Crafter Name>
2.) Top Crafter Ladder on website or in-game (Computation is according to success/fails, quality of crafted items and point system per item category)

• Like 3

Oh, I really love the first idea you have! To keep something of yours part of the game forever! (Unless disassembled or sold to NPC)  

I’m not so much in favor of the 2nd because that’ll have most people flock to the top 5 (for example) and wont give other artisans the opportunity to craft anything. This wouldn’t allow new artisans or those further below to climb the list. 

I feel like this was actually a thing a long, long time ago on some server I was at. 

It would be a nice touch for items that are actually crafted rather than just reinforced but I don't know how someone buying an item would feel about having to see the crafter's name whenever they look at their character's inventory.

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

I’m not so much in favor of the 2nd because that’ll have most people flock to the top 5 (for example) and wont give other artisans the opportunity to craft anything. This wouldn’t allow new artisans or those further below to climb the list. 

Agree with this. As long as there is no official competition involved, no player should be put on a pedestal. Everyone is basically equal.

This was a thing in an old game I played called Ultima Online and crafters would become known for their skill and ability to craft by having their name added to their crafted items as a Maker's Mark. On that game you could only mark an item at max crafting skill. If you saw a name you knew that crafter was high enough skill to reliably make what you need.

I wonder if it could be tied to something like that. Either level or skill levels, or maybe a stat threshold. I do like the suggestion in general. The same thought crossed my mind the other day.