Return & Expand Ancients

Vile

In some shape or form, I'd like to see the Ancients functionality as costumes returned and expanded to hats. 
In NA, Ancient items, specifically chest pieces, were generate during a craft-table update I believe, and had their class restriction removed [level requirement stayed]. This meant if you had one of these very rare items, you could wear it as a costume piece on any class. It was actually super awesome and many people loved and enjoyed that feature.

I'd like to see it returned in some form, simplistically the ability to wear any class chest/hat in your costume tab. 

Pros: Looks cool.
Is fun to combine pieces for unique looks.
Provides role-players or people with a vision for their character more tools to pursue it.

Cons: "I can't tell what class they are if you do that"?*

*I don't consider this valid myself, seeing as Mages and Clerics are very very different, same for Knights and Champions. If the argument extends to include the chest + weapon then what are you going to do about Arti's and Bourg's both using Cannons and Guns, and both using Dealer chests? It's kind of a outdated take imo. [I'm honing in on this point because it's been the only "legitimate" point against this becoming a thing, and it's a poor one at best, especially since a costume with no stats]

• Like 1

I would love to see ancients return, but they should be very hard to acquire. I'd imagine quest line's where you gather a material to collect which can be crafted/traded into ancient gears. Something comparable to the king medallion quests would be nice. Have the level of ancient gear equate to amount gathered. 

Edited by Whoop

I love this idea too.  I had ancient chest pieces from my very first NA game accounts plus received some from an old friend when I came back to NA in 2014.  I managed to make decent-ish looking outfits using them but it would be nicer to have the actual matching shoes and hats. 

I guess it might cause confusion in pvp areas maybe but the weapon would eliminate that imo.  Costumes will be just for "show" now and not have any real benefits so why not give us as much variety as possible so we can dress our toons the way we like.

Since it's something purely cosmetic, it could also be added to the item mall if Rednim wants to. I personally would not want to see them iun the IM and would prefer if it was a very rare drop or quest item, something harder to acquire.