Bi-weekly limited time item mall cosmetics

Vexoi

I think it would be a great idea to have a section, in the item mall, that has limited time cosmetic items, that would stay available for 2 weeks only, until they are replaced by other limited time cosmetics.

For example, You could have a few costume sets, a few wings and masks, etc. And the idea would be that if you miss out on them, it could take a year before they come back.

the amount of limited cosmetics could also be limited to one costume set, one back item and one mask for example, and there would be 26 combinations that would come every two weeks. Or it could be 12 a year with a few more options.

Pros: Revenue for Rednim without being pay to win at all since it's all cosmetics! Some cosmetics would be a little more rare, so not everyone would be wearing the same gorgeous outfit. Collectors would be happy to collect costumes knowing that they won't stay in the IM for long (instead of them being available constantly).

Cons: None? I think?

5 hours ago, Kai said:

NArose had that, it's called seasonal items. They don't switch per 2 weeks though. Switching per 2 weeks will make the designer go sleepless unless if Rednim hires alot of designers.

There are a ton of current costumes they can work with. 

• Like 2

It it was outside of lucky spin, and the good simply rotated then I suppose. I would prefer that all items be available always, and a sale/discount be applied to a group every 2 weeks to a month. I'd be willing to pay full price for a lot of costumes, especially if I missed out on a sale 2 or 3 weeks prior and knew the sale wouldn't be around for a few more months. Wouldn't make much sense to tell a customer "You can't buy that digital good right now cause we want artificial scarcity in order to drive future fits of fomo [fear of missing out]" I'd be more likely to not purchase again, rather than feel pressured to do it personally. 

So yeah, just put and keep everything up on the item mall, and rotate a sale once every couple weeks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

It it was outside of lucky spin, and the good simply rotated then I suppose. I would prefer that all items be available always, and a sale/discount be applied to a group every 2 weeks to a month. I'd be willing to pay full price for a lot of costumes, especially if I missed out on a sale 2 or 3 weeks prior and knew the sale wouldn't be around for a few more months. Wouldn't make much sense to tell a customer "You can't buy that digital good right now cause we want artificial scarcity in order to drive future fits of fomo [fear of missing out]" I'd be more likely to not purchase again, rather than feel pressured to do it personally. 

So yeah, just put and keep everything up on the item mall, and rotate a sale once every couple weeks. 

I mean, I definitely agree with that sentiment; it seems a little odd to simply not make something available for no reaosn whatsoever.
Based on those two suggestions (either making some items available every week & having everything available but a few items on discount every week), I would think a much more exciting way to go about this kind of thing, is a seasonal pass. It's been brought up before on the forums, and I've seen it being quite succesful in other games before, while it is very possible to avoid P2W. How it works is, there's basic rewards available based on just playing the game (you could have specific tasks per week or per month if you'd like, such as IE kill x amount of mobs, or kill 1 king, or do a couples emote with a friend, that sort of thing); the "basic" rewards being cosmetics, emotes, and the likes, and everybody can unlock those. but if you buy the seasonal pass, you get extra rewards (amongst which could be titles, cosmetics, emotes, etc etc.). I'd personally love to see something like this; a season could last 3 months, giving the developer time to work on things, and it isn't pay to win. It gives players who prefer not to pay a chance to get items, and players who like to support the dev or otherwise want the extra rewards could opt for the seasonal pass. Rewards could all be based around a specific seasonal set (say a season pass has 100 levels; at levels 25, 50, 75, and 100 you get respectively the gloves, boots, hat, and chest item of a set made for that specific season), and then minor things such as titles, emotes, consumable items such as fireworks, etc etc. for every 5 levels or something).

This kind of system just feels right and exciting to me, because it gives something to work towards every couple months, and there could be something for everybody; PvE, PVP, socializer & completionist goals to name some examples. It's of course just my two cents, but I personally believe in such a system much more than just simple weekly discounts on item mall items. 
You could even do a combination of the two, where past seasonal items are available in the item mall for purchase, though there is something to say for keeping such seasonal items exclusive to those seasons.

Seasonal Passes typically use FOMO as much as things like Lucky Spin etc, sometimes to a worse degree. Items often "never return" or are never commented on by the operators of the passes on if they'll return or not, driving even more FOMO due to the uncertainty. And while I appreciate there being a sort of consolation prize for free players, which is the driving reward structure for proponents of season passes, it's just a small piece of candy to get you to ignore the marketing tactics they're using to manipulate you into paying now, often times at a time where you wouldn't have, and end up feeling buyers remorse later once you realize you were tricked/manipulated.

That being said: If the rewards from a Season Pass were to enter to IM a month after that season, and able to be directly purchased, and were never taken down; then I would have zero complaints about it. What  I want to avoid is another "Faith Item" situation, because that caused a huge amount of elitism, incentive to abuse and exploit, and over-all degenerate methods to obtain them simply due to the fact they weren't going to be re-released (according to Warpportal). 

If a Season pass lasted say 1 Month, and cost 5$'s, provided 1 full costume, a weapon costume token [so you could pick what you want] and a 30 mount pass token [again, so you could pick what you want]; then I would expect to be able to direct purchase a costume for anywhere between 7 to 10 at tops. 

Given there are possibly hundreds of sets by now, due to Gravity/Warpportal pumping them out each month, AND there are a now huge number of defunct NPC armor, it'd be more then possible to supply such a monetization method for years. 

Which brings up only 1 more CON I can think of. Waiting possibly 2 years for a costume I want, that I had before. Not a fan. At all. It'll be one thing for me to get over the fact  I had spent money already to obtain them before, and have to do it again. It'll be another to have to sit on my hands for 2 years or a year or whatever just waiting for them to come around. I personally see no problem with them putting /ALL/ sets on the item mall, immediately upon release, and the pass is more of a play incentive + discount [effectively taking place of the bi-weekly to monthly sale period from my previous suggestion]. 

As I said before, I would be more than willing to pay a small premium, not double.... but 15-20% more, to simply buy it now, when I want it, instead of waiting. 

Edited by OwlchemistVile

I like the idea of season-skins/ skins that pops up for a limited time. 

I would love a skin-set that would be called something like "Back to Rose" that is open for purchase the 1st week of release - and then disappearing from the shop for good. 

I see that some people mentioning "lucky spins" regarding buying skins. Im not a big fan of this. Another PC game I played had this, and I had friends who put in alot of money 100-300 USD just to get 1-2 skins and didn't get them - good money for the company.. but not the right way imo. 
When I spend money on a game, I want to know what Im recieving - thats the way for me to spend my money.