Unique Skill Reset Ideas

soccer246153

Seeing as many people make the mistake of resetting unique skills I suggest that the unique skill book be returned to the players inventory on reset BUT it will always be character bound after that, not even account bound. This allows for there to still be limited books but a way to avoid a loss for a simple mistake!

Edited by soccer246153
  • Like 2

I had an idea similar to what you are saying instead of giving the book back just make grey out like the rest of the skill. the unique reset skill description is literally the same as the other reset skill. if we unlock skills we should be able to still have them there.

4 hours ago, Avatar said:

Quick thing, character bound means an item unbinder can be used to trade/sell it. Character locked means that it’s forever on your character. 

Great suggestion! 

Unbinders were removed from the Valor shop.  Now bound and locked mean the same thing- can't be sold or traded

On the same line tho- the description of the Unique Reset skill is going to be changed a bit so it's very clear that you will have to get that skill book again if you use that reset.

I haven't used one yet so far.  Everyones been talking about them and how terribly they reset system works for them.  You lose the skill completely if you use the Unique Skill Reset.  You don't get the book back.  And just having a unique skill learned means its automatically eating up a skill point.  This seems to be ruffling a lot of feathers...

What about if just 'consuming' the skill book doesn't invest any skill points into it?  As in, by default it sits at 0/1 in the Unique Skills tab until you decide to put a point into it.  That way people can learn the skills, and if they decide they don't want to use them at that time - they can just 'Reset Unique Skills' and it sets the skill back to 0/1 instead of deleting it forever.  This way someone can eat, say, 10 unique skill books (if there are that many for any given class...) and have a bunch of 0/1 skills in their unique tab.

1. Makes the name 'Unique Skill Retraining' make a lot more sense.
2. Removes the headache of a player completely losing a skill they ate a (sometimes very expensive) book for.
3. Adds a bit of a 'collector' aspect to the Unique Skills system 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 10:34 PM, HoneyBuns said:

Unbinders were removed from the Valor shop.  Now bound and locked mean the same thing- can't be sold or traded

On the same line tho- the description of the Unique Reset skill is going to be changed a bit so it's very clear that you will have to get that skill book again if you use that reset.

Should award compensation to those that reset the skill. I'm down bad because of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 9:46 AM, soccer246153 said:

Seeing as many people make the mistake of resetting unique skills I suggest that the unique skill book be returned to the players inventory on reset BUT it will always be character bound after that, not even account bound. This allows for there to still be limited books but a way to avoid a loss for a simple mistake!

I 100% agree on this awesome idea, it also opens the abilities from people to change between PVM and PVP builds without having to rebuy or farm the skill books again, Good job!

• Like 1

i know there are players who tried resetting the unique skills and their hard earn unique books were all gone. Is there a possibility that the skill tomes coming back in the future? A lot of people trying to reset their unique skill by mistake put of curiousity.Thank you

What I mean is the suggestion the reset button for unique skill u can choose with unique skill u can reset so other unique skill won't gone as well  since the unique skill it hard to get it and the price so expensive and also Stealth normal skill and unique there is nothing different only dual can use it but the requirements for it use lots of skill points 10 skill points. If the unique skill have more special it worth I think to learn that skill but if only for dual swords can use it not worthy for 10 skill points. So I suggested if u want 10 skill points to use it Unique stealths skill make it the cooldown for 10s and and 300second for duration it seem more legits to learn that unique skill. Hopefully this suggestion will make it trues thank you.

• Like 1

• Avatar changed the title to Unique Skill Reset Ideas
  • 3 weeks later...

Can it be made so when resetting unique skills they act the same as resetting normal job skills and you just get the points back? Since the books are currently expensive and the points tied up in some skills could be used elsewhere.  Thanks!

• Like 1

My current situation is that I Maxed out Sacrifice to level 5 which consumed 5 pts. It was really useful while I was still focused on farming and leveling. because of the shorter cooldown. However, the problem is that I am done with farming and leveling and I really don't need a shorter cooldown of the skill, Level 1 is enough and I need the 4 pts to allocate to other skills/passive which I find more useful for me.

My suggestion is to include the Reset of Skill points only for Sacrifice on Unique Passives while doing "Job Skill Retraining" since the 4 Skill points coming from the skill will make a big impact on skill allocation. And I don't want to do a "Unique Skill Retraining" reset to get the 4 points back since I already invested Millions of Zulies for the other Unique Skill Passives.