Dealer Crafting Guide?

choppman

14 hours ago, choppman said:

Does anyone know of a website, wiki, etc for a Dealer/Artisan crafting guide?

I'm not sure what sort of guide you want.  The crafting skills are on the crafting tab of your skill window.  There is a description of each skill if you right click on it and if there is a prerequisite, it will be shown in red letters.

Some people concentrate on getting specific crafting skills while others get them all.  There is no right or wrong. When you activate a crafting skill, you will see which materials are needed to craft each item. 

What do you want, though? To be able to craft everything? To be the very best, like no-one ever was? To be rich really quickly? It sounds like you want a strategy guide more than some offline compendium of mats for crafting (with map locations, related mobs and drop percentages).

• Confused 1

I would also ask is a wiki planned or in the works? Its kinda being asked why, what sort of guide, what do you want etc. Basically, when im out picking up drops i usually bank anything i might need later for crafting. I know alot of it but...am I banking some npc trash, or npcing stuff I should keep. A wiki i could look up a particular mat and see what if anything its used in, like pretty much every other game I play I have it open on 2nd screen.

Edit, obviously its early days, wouldnt expect to see one for awhile yet, just putting it out there.

Edit 2, also, whats the best stats we can get on gear now? Used to be con/sen 6/5 if i recall, I have been trying to make some low level gear with this, am i wasting my time? Whats best now, and what are the optimum stats you can craft on gear?

Edited by Accordia

If the following sounds rude I apologize as that's not my intention:

Why do you expect someone to prepare you a knowledgebase pre-packaged in bite-size listicles and wiki articles? Or even an in-game encyclopedia? Why don't you make your own notes? Are you really an artisan or are you just faking it? Knowledge is power. Take that power - it's yours!

• Confused 1

Actually not expecting it, i asked if it was planned or in the works, reason being I know alot of other game wikis are started and made by playerbase, all contribute. Just a genuine curiosity mate not expectations or demands. As for me I dont have the know how on web stuff.

I'm just going to take a stab here in the dark, but if its going to be anything like it was before, "crafting secrets", "ratios", "stat generation" and the like are probably not going to be publicly shared when its discovered. I am not trying to be a big headed SOB, but why would I share the secrets to anything when I am making a ton of money on it at the moment? If I share anything everyone will do it and I lose money. Where is my motivation to share?

Crafting is pretty basic.  You need con for the success chance and sen for the chance of getting substats on gear.  The artisan's level plays a factor in how well you are able to craft.  Materials for crafting drop from all monsters in the game.  Some mats are available from NPC's on each planet and there are materials in one of the Valor Shops.

If you plan to craft both equipment and things like PAT or gems, you will probably want to make two crafting sets; one with con and the other with sen.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 2:19 AM, Bobbity said:

If the following sounds rude I apologize as that's not my intention:

Why do you expect someone to prepare you a knowledgebase pre-packaged in bite-size listicles and wiki articles? Or even an in-game encyclopedia? Why don't you make your own notes? Are you really an artisan or are you just faking it? Knowledge is power. Take that power - it's yours!

I can't possibly know every recipe of crafting. which items give what when disassembled, what are the levels of materials, what bindrunes, talismans, etc do.  It helps if a guide can guide me on how it works. There is a ton of guidebooks or player handbooks that help people understand game better.  What bonuses give what. etc. 

Thank you for the help!

Edited by choppman

https://web.archive.org/web/20130522012629/http://rosena-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uXClAevF9ep55Nc9y7kKLVrCXz10OBWcEIdcMHMT1OM/edit#gid=293117429

https://www.irosephonline.com/game-info/

More so a player's handbook such as the above.  Thank you xSean!

On 12/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, Mek said:

I'm just going to take a stab here in the dark, but if its going to be anything like it was before, "crafting secrets", "ratios", "stat generation" and the like are probably not going to be publicly shared when its discovered. I am not trying to be a big headed SOB, but why would I share the secrets to anything when I am making a ton of money on it at the moment? If I share anything everyone will do it and I lose money. Where is my motivation to share?

I said guide. I have not played this since 2010. I don't recall all the ins and outs of crafting. I was looking to get some knowledge. For instance. I forgot you can also buff the armor.  I didn't know I needed what type of runes. The weapons guy just say to improve a weapon.  Also, it would be nice to know what each of the dirty stuff does. Also, if i pick up an item. It would be nice to know what it can used to create.  Such as Animal Leg bones. Limpid Skin. etc. a guide to what is in the game.

I didn't ask for "secrets" or your magic notes.

Edited by choppman
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, HoneyBuns said:

Crafting is pretty basic.  You need con for the success chance and sen for the chance of getting substats on gear.  The artisan's level plays a factor in how well you are able to craft.  Materials for crafting drop from all monsters in the game.  Some mats are available from NPC's on each planet and there are materials in one of the Valor Shops.

If you plan to craft both equipment and things like PAT or gems, you will probably want to make two crafting sets; one with con and the other with sen.  

What does PAT stand for? What is Valor and how do we get it? Where is the shop?

@choppmanYour post makes me wonder if the game doesn't need more quests so comprehensive knowledge of the game is gained organically. People are asking for wikis and I don't know how I feel about that. I'd prefer that they actually play the game, explore, and find what they need to know thanks to spending time ingame.

So, what you want is to, whenever you find loot, to already know whether to keep and store it, vend it or sell back to the NPCs. For those who want convenience this definitely would be a nice feature - sounds like something for premium accounts, like Dota+. Being able to ping NPCs, friends and clannies, look up materials and recipes, gameplay guides, walkthroughs, stuff like that. For cheapskates, we'll have to learn things the hard way. 

You're right that some of the NPC dialogue is very lacking in many ways. I understand that's already being looked at, though. 

PAT = Personal Automated Transport (cart and Castle Gear mech parts)

Valor shops = the shops in front of the Junon Order faction in Junon Polis. They sell materials, skills, weapons, armor and valuable consumables for a currency called Valor (check your character screen for Zulie, Honor and Valor by pressing Alt-C.) Valor is gained by doing quests for the different Union factions (Arumic Order, Junon Order, Righteous Crusaders, Ferrel Guild. Check the other guides for the locations of these factions in Junon and other cities.)

• Confused 1

On 12/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, HoneyBuns said:

https://forum.roseonlinegame.com/topic/3371-guide-how-to-get-beam-blades-and-all-types-of-stones/

Something like this is what I really need to know.

23 hours ago, Bobbity said:

@choppmanYour post makes me wonder if the game doesn't need more quests so comprehensive knowledge of the game is gained organically. People are asking for wikis and I don't know how I feel about that. I'd prefer that they actually play the game, explore, and find what they need to know thanks to spending time ingame.

So, what you want is to, whenever you find loot, to already know whether to keep and store it, vend it or sell back to the NPCs. For those who want convenience this definitely would be a nice feature - sounds like something for premium accounts, like Dota+. Being able to ping NPCs, friends and clannies, look up materials and recipes, gameplay guides, walkthroughs, stuff like that. For cheapskates, we'll have to learn things the hard way. 

You're right that some of the NPC dialogue is very lacking in many ways. I understand that's already being looked at, though. 

PAT = Personal Automated Transport (cart and Castle Gear mech parts)

Valor shops = the shops in front of the Junon Order faction in Junon Polis. They sell materials, skills, weapons, armor and valuable consumables for a currency called Valor (check your character screen for Zulie, Honor and Valor by pressing Alt-C.) Valor is gained by doing quests for the different Union factions (Arumic Order, Junon Order, Righteous Crusaders, Ferrel Guild. Check the other guides for the locations of these factions in Junon and other cities.)

of course, people will learn it over time. I played other games that had a player's handbooks and spent years learning the in's and out's of the game. Just because someone would need a guide doesn't mean they wouldn't want to learn the LURE of ROSE online.  

I swear I didn't know it would be this bad to ask for help with what stuff does in ROSE. 

As for getting rich. This game is less than a month old and already has Zulie sellers for $$ and people at level 200+ having millions of in game currency. I am not looking to get zulie rich. I would like to learn how the game works.  As a guide teachs the basic's of how a game works. I am interested in learning about ROSE. Learning how to can craft weapons and armor for my other characters. what all the zodiac and runes and stones do. Learning from a handbook or guide about the game so I can be more involved. I didn't think I would have to explain all of this for asking for help to learn the game.

When naROSE was popular. I played the game for nearly 3 years off and on. I spent a few thousand dollars with Warp Portal. Also, had fun. Made friends. learn about the game. Never finished the game. but still.. it was nice to get have guides if i got stuck or needed help.

We could model ingame help along the lines of Path of Exile. With every new map or NPC encountered, the help fills in more info. With every new map or crafting recipe unlocked, more stuff about other uses and drop locations. With every new monster killed, data about its ATK, DEF, MS, aggro type, spawn site and possible drops. I know the idea of a Pokedex type of thing was mooted months back, but I see it can be much more comprehensive and monetizable.

• Confused 1