Guide/Introduction for iROSE users

Thystro

Hi all,

Since a lot of people aren't familiar with the EVO system. Most of the iROSE people already quitted by then, and still a lot of people are into iROSE but never gave EVO a decent chance. (Mainly due the huge amount of changes)

I was wondering if there could be shared a list by EVO experienced players, with all the differences. These differences could be major or minor, for example: INT used to improve buffs in Classic, however CHARM improves buffs in EVO. (Even the staff made this mistake on stream lol)

I feel this could be useful for a lot of old school players to get a decent introduction into the EVO system.

To be fair, people who only played iRose and iRose private servers only context is "there was an evo update" and everything after gets lumped into the Evo update. There was several major revisions and updates, but from someones frame of reference who just stopped at the first major update, it's all the same thing to them. 

But yes Kai has a point, there's been several "versions" or major updates to NA, not just the first Evo update. 

5 hours ago, Thystro said:

Hi all,

Since a lot of people aren't familiar with the EVO system. Most of the iROSE people already quitted by then, and still a lot of people are into iROSE but never gave EVO a decent chance. (Mainly due the huge amount of changes)

I was wondering if there could be shared a list by EVO experienced players, with all the differences. These differences could be major or minor, for example: INT used to improve buffs in Classic, however CHARM improves buffs in EVO. (Even the staff made this mistake on stream lol)

I feel this could be useful for a lot of old school players to get a decent introduction into the EVO system.

Hi Thystro! Glad to see you here!  😄

I actually did a guide exactly like what you are talking about when we came to NA after titan closed in 2014 for that very reason.  Evo was so different in so many ways and not just big things like charm for strong buffs but there were also a million little things.  It was humbling to be a veteran ROSE player for years and to feel like a complete noob at NA. 

Anyway I was already planning to work on a new guide for this once I can actually play and see all of the changes but if you message me on Discord, I can send you the link to the one that's at the WP forum so you can at least get familiar with the version of the game that the devs are starting with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flowan said:

We will add a forum newbie zone once we reach beta or before release. There are more people wanting to post guides. Just a little more patience. In the meantime you can prepare your guides 😉

Will do... as soon as I can play to see what changes have been made to the NA game build  😄

7 hours ago, Kai said:

The charm update was so much later though. pretty 'new'

It was just an example 🙂 

6 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

To be fair, people who only played iRose and iRose private servers only context is "there was an evo update" and everything after gets lumped into the Evo update. There was several major revisions and updates, but from someones frame of reference who just stopped at the first major update, it's all the same thing to them. 

But yes Kai has a point, there's been several "versions" or major updates to NA, not just the first Evo update. 

I get that there has been many updates throughout whole of EVO. But I was talking more about the skill system, refining system overhaul and other things I'am for sure missing.

5 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

Hi Thystro! Glad to see you here!  😄

I actually did a guide exactly like what you are talking about when we came to NA after titan closed in 2014 for that very reason.  Evo was so different in so many ways and not just big things like charm for strong buffs but there were also a million little things.  It was humbling to be a veteran ROSE player for years and to feel like a complete noob at NA. 

Anyway I was already planning to work on a new guide for this once I can actually play and see all of the changes but if you message me on Discord, I can send you the link to the one that's at the WP forum so you can at least get familiar with the version of the game that the devs are starting with.

Hi Honeybuns! Awesome seeing you here.

Cool, i can't wait for this as a newbie myself. I'll make sure to send you a message on Discord.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Honestly, it's been so, so long since I've seen or played iRose I could draw differences for you, but I could compile video guides in the near future explaining it as it is post alpha/beta.

Understandable.

Video guides would be awesome as well! Can't wait. 🙂

I only played iRose as well, but seems like this team is changing much of the game compared to the previous iteration of NA Rose. So keep in mind that any guides might be completely outdated on release. That being said catching up on the major changes would be a good primer to dive into this new version.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played both and I can tell you off the bat, aoe mattered in evo. For leveling, but even dungeons.

There are numerous changes to the buff system that I won't gripe about beyond charm over int.

Also with the buff system (aka a quick liar) in evo all classes got a "self/party" buff that became ?"standard"? but only those that made charm characters of each class were really useful so don't get them based on prior knowledge.... Unless hopefully new changes makes them usefull without charm priority.
Aka if it is your main don't focus party buff.

Btw I loved aoe change... maybe others won't remember this but I thought that was one of the best changes. Usually how this worked was one grabbed mobs, ran back to group, group aoed them down.

I'm sure others' remember more changes than I do but those just struck me off the cuff.

Edited by MittelDank

I’ve actually asked for this in the past. I’d love to see a compiled list with all the differences between iRose and EVO - I played both, but the largest portion of it by far on iRose, and it would help me to make suggestions to the devs if I know what the base is that they are working with. I’d love to see it, no matter how big or small the differences are. For example I’d have never known about int/charm being changed around, if not for this post.

1 hour ago, ShogunHiira said:

I’ve actually asked for this in the past. I’d love to see a compiled list with all the differences between iRose and EVO - I played both, but the largest portion of it by far on iRose, and it would help me to make suggestions to the devs if I know what the base is that they are working with. I’d love to see it, no matter how big or small the differences are. For example I’d have never known about int/charm being changed around, if not for this post.

My Discord is HB#4216 .   Send me a message on Discord and I can give you the link to the one I did at NA.  Some of the links don't work now because the NA ROSE wiki is gone but you will get the basic info from the guide

• 11 months later...