Polls in suggestions

rayun

Polls for suggestions  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Polls for suggestions

• Like it
    • Dont like it

In order to see popularity of suggestions maybe it would be nice if each of them has poll in start (Vote yes, Vote no).

This suggestion is more for community members than staff, and also has own cons and pros as always.

Not everyone comments ideas, even though they may vote, and this can give extra data about popularity of specific suggestion

Let me preface this by saying, that I acknowledge this suggestion is coming from a good place. This is not a personal attack on anyone, just my opinion and the reasoning for it.

I personally really dislike this. The people we would be polling here are the die-hard fans of the game, who will play the game regardless of whether any of the suggestions will make it in or not (even though there might be some complaining going along with that). And even if we had a bigger and more heterogeneous sample size, suggestions should not be a popularity contest.

❗Every single suggestion should be decided on based on its merits (and practicality of implementation). There is a reason most of us are not game developers. It takes experience and foresight. The game needs a coherent vision and coherent design and every game system needs to make sense within that.

Now, let's just assume a suggestion gets more "I like this" than "I don't like this" votes. Regardless of the fact, that our sample size is both small and not representative of the eventual playerbase of the game, there will be some people feeling entitled to demand the implementation of these suggestions based on the polls.

I am not saying, that it would be any of you or even the majority. But certainly enough to cause drama and headaches.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rebus said:

Let me preface this by saying, that I acknowledge this suggestion is coming from a good place. This is not a personal attack on anyone, just my opinion and the reasoning for it.

I personally really dislike this. The people we would be polling here are the die-hard fans of the game, who will play the game regardless of whether any of the suggestions will make it in or not (even though there might be some complaining going along with that). And even if we had a bigger and more heterogeneous sample size, suggestions should not be a popularity contest.

❗Every single suggestion should be decided on based on its merits (and practicality of implementation). There is a reason most of us are not game developers. It takes experience and foresight. The game needs a coherent vision and coherent design and every game system needs to make sense within that.

Now, let's just assume a suggestion gets more "I like this" than "I don't like this" votes. Regardless of the fact, that our samply size is both small and not representative of the eventual playerbase of the game, there will be some people feeling entitled to demand the implementation of these suggestions based on the polls.

I am not saying, that it would be any of you or even the majority. But certainly enough to cause drama and headaches.

I agree with this 100%.  Too many times, polls give people the impression that every suggestion will absolutely be implemented and that's just not the case. Then we are left with the perception that the devs are not listening to the community and that is also not true at all.  It's easy to make a bunch of suggestions and most are cool things or features we've seen in other games but in reality, not everything can be added to ROSE especially while it still uses such an ancient engine.

Regarding feedback to ideas posted here, I think the devs will get a much better feel for how popular or useful a suggestion is from the actual comments- both pro and con.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rebus said:

Now, let's just assume a suggestion gets more "I like this" than "I don't like this" votes. Regardless of the fact, that our samply size is both small and not representative of the eventual playerbase of the game, there will be some people feeling entitled to demand the implementation of these suggestions based on the polls.

No offense taken 🙂 it was more meant as option to see general community opinion on suggestions, but i see and agree with also your point that it can certain problems

Anyways, regardless of what community votes, wants or dreams ... last word belongs to developers always as there are always many other plans and everything has to fit into roadmap/strategy :ClassArtisan:

• Like 1

My opinion is that reactions can serve this purpose and polls should used to ask more specific questions related to the suggestion. If you like a suggestion as-is you can heart it, else you can reply with additional information which could improve the suggestion in your view.